Status: complete bitches

I Will Soon Forget the Color of Your Eyes

If Looks Could Really Kill Then My Profession Would Be Staring

"Feel like every chance to leave's another chance i should of took." I sang along to my CD as I pulled into my school's parking lot. I was perfectly content singing Brand New and minding my own buisness when I felt something hit the back of my car.
"Freak!" I heard the familiar sound of Beau Bokan scream as he threw a soccor ball at the back of my car. I looked back at the group of antagonists and immediatly recognized all of them from last year. It was the usual entourage- Beau, Matty Mullins, Kellin Quinn, Kellin's sister Trisha, and Josh Franceschi. I brushed it off and sarcastically laughed at myself as my mind made a bad pun about senior year really 'kicking off'.
"Don't let it get to you." I heard Mike's girlfriend Shannon say from the back seat. Mike just smiled at me and nodded in agreement. I guess you couldn't say I was a loner, I had friends, but anyone that was associated with me just got dragged down alongside me. I guess you could say that our little group was just alone together, in a sense. I parked in the back of the lot hoping that they wouldn't care enough to walk all the way back here to torment my vehicle. I expected a moan or groan from either Mike or Shannon but both just got out of the car and went to meet the others.
We walked to Tony's Porsche and were immediatly greeted by the rest of our group. My group of friends consisted of me, Mike and Shannon, Jaime and his girlfriend Nikki, Tony and his girlfriend Elizabeth, and our friend Jenna. Everyone thought me and Jenna should be a thing but unfortunatly Jenna batted for the other team. We were a nice little group of friends until one of the Entourage came over. We all had an agreement that since it was me they were after, if anything went down they all left; Tony, Jaime, and Mike haven't been to keen on this idea since I created the rule sophmore year but they dealt with it because I made them.
"Hey Vic, I bought you some sun glasses, figured you could do us all a favor." Kellin said when we walked past. He threw some cheap pink sunglasses at me and I looked at my friends so they would leave, which they unhappily did. Kellin Quinn was like my own personal devil. He tormented me more than anyone for what was wrong with me. I tried to ignore him and kept walking.
"Aw, Viccy, come one." I heard him say as he walked up behind me and grabbed my wrist. "Let's have a little fun." I tried to pull away but as soon as the thought popped into my head Matty and Beau were holding me and bringing me back to Kellin's jeep. I was pushed up against it as Trisha came up behind Kellin.
"How do you do it?" Trisha asked honestly curious. "How do you live like that?" She spat. While she said it she glared into my eyes with disgust. My eyes. The bane fo my existance. I was cursed with what the doctors called 'heterochromia', which literally means 'different colors'. Basically my eyes were extreme opposites- one brown and one pale blue. Not only that but the issue got worse when paired with my tan skin. I was bullied everyday for it by Kellin and his friends as well as everyone else in the school.
Trisha continued her rant on how repulsive I was until Kellin put a hand up to silence her. For a second I thought it was a sincerely nice gesture, but that second passed.
"How do you?" He repeated, oh, so he didn't want to stop the tormenting, he wanted to lead it. "How do you look in the mirror everyday and not think about how much of a freak you are? How do you go in public and make eye contact with people? How do you do it?"
"Can I fucking go now, Quinn?" I asked, causing Matty and Beau to simultaniously slam my shoulders harder into the jeep. Kellin waved them off though and I shoved passed him and Trisha to go back into the building. As soon as I went in I felt a pair of arms around me and I immediatly knew who it was. It was my best friend, Ellee, who had been in Italy all summer. I hadn't seen her in monthes and I missed her more than anything. She was the only person I told everything to and I trusted her with my life.
"God I swear if Quinn doesn't stop I'm going to bash his fucking brains in!" She said holding me at arms length. The rest of the group formed around us and they all asked if I was okay. Aside from the emotional stress and the mental scarring I was peachy, so thats what I told them. I walked with Ellee to our shared locker and she told me all about Italy and cute Italian boys and weird Italian traditions. It was nice to have her back. I felt content.
The rest of the day went by relatively quickly. I sat in the back of all of my classes- something that all the teachers have done for me since 9th grade so that I wasn't too badly tormented during class. I managed to even make it through Government with Kellin without being forced to barge out. I came close, believe me, but I stayed.
After school I drove Mike and Shannon to Shannon's house and then drove back home by myself, quietly singing Brand New as it came through my stereo. They were definitly my favorite band, no arguement there. They had such great lyrics and awesome sound. I walked into my house singing part of Failure By Design. "This is a lesson in procrastination, I kill myself because I'm so frustrated, and every single second that I put it off, means another lonely night I got to race the clock."
"Wow." I heard a laugh behind me. I turned to see Kellin walking up my porch and saw his family getting out of their car. Yay, another families-get-together. As if it wasn't enough that he made my life hell as it is, our parents were all childhood friends, which meant that the devil also resides at my house most of the week. "You're music taste is as weird as your face." He said pushing past me into the house. His parents gave a quick hug and I forced a smile as best I could. Trisha pushed me into the doorframe as she walked in and flashed me a devilish grin. I mentally called her a cunt and walked inside, shutting the door behind me.
"I'm so glad you guys could make it! We're just finishing up dinner now, it should be ready in a few minutes. Trisha can you help me set the table? And Kellin and Vic, you two go start a bonfire so we can have it going when we finish. I'm thinking smores tonight!" My mom greeted them and ushered everyone in just to shoo us off again. I looked over at Kellin and my stomach dropped, now not only was the devil in my house, but we were handing him gasoline and matches.
We walked out back and I threw some firewood into the pit. Kellin sat playing with the matches and watched as I worked.
"Have you ever thought of, I don't know, fixing it?" He asked me as the end of his match burned out. I grabbed the gasoline from his hand and started to throw it on the wood.
"I'm not just a broken toy, Kellin. I can't just 'fix it'" I said irritated. Do I look like a stack of legos to him? This isn't a misplaced piece of plastic it's a fucking organ.
"What about colored contacts or something? Something to make you look normal." He said. I put the gasoline down and stared at him.
"Why? Because if I looked normal you guys would leave me alone? Wow, Fuck you, Quinn." I said. He started to defend himself but I grabbed the matches and drowned out his noise with the sound of flames igniting.
"No." He said, not sure if he was saying he would or wouldn't keep bullying me. "But then I wouldn't have to do this!" He said pushing me into the flames. I immediatly paniced before realizing he had a tight grip on my shoulders, preventing me from falling. Oh, he didn't want to kill me, just scare the shit out of me. I broke free from his grip and started to walk away.
"Vic, it was a joke! I'm trying to be friendly." He said, spewing extra venom into the word friendly. Friendly my ass, he wanted to torture me just like he had been for the past 3 years. Every joint family holiday, every conjoined vacation, every damn day at school he tortured me more and more. That was all he lived for- to make my life hell. Friendly? Like shit he was trying to be friendly.
"Just leave me the hell alone, Kellin." I said as I walked inside, forcing a smile fake enough to hide the tears threatening to escape. Luckily no one asked if I was okay as I sat down at the table for dinner, which happened to be brats and hamburgers, classy aren't we? Kellin sat down next to me and kept giving me puzzling looks.
"So do you two have any classes together?" Kellin's mom asked when everyone was mostly done eating and just casually picking at their plates. I looked up at Kellin and luckily he took the hint, answering for me.
"Yeah, we have government together after lunch." He said. Our parents thought we were best friends, so this conversation was bound to go downhill.
"Perfect! You guys can hang out and study! You can just come over here after school everyday, if that's alright with you, Maggie." She said turning to my mother. I about chocked on my chips when my mom nodded. Kellin just flashed a cocky smile.
"Can't wait." He said grinning. Trisha laughed to herself and I requested to be excused. I walked up the stairs of our house to my bedroom shutting the door and texting Mike an SOS. He needed to come home, like now. I sat on my bed waiting for a reply when there was a knock on my door. Kellin let himself in and shut the door behind him. This wasn't new for him, though, he usually just let himself in every room at my house.
"I was sent to get you, we're making smores." He said faking excitement. The last thing I wanted right now was to be next to an open flame with Kellin Quinn in a 50 mile radius.
"I'm good. I'm not really feeling smores right now." I said. I laid back on my bed hoping he'd leave, but he just walked over to my stereo.
"Cool me neither." He replied. I saw him pick up a CD that I recognized as Of Mice And Men from the cover. He put it in the stereo and turned back towards my bed, sitting on the edge.
"That wasn't an invitation to hang out with me you dick." I said as he laid next to me. I was confused as to why he would want to be on the same planet with me, let alone laying in the same bed.
"Do I look like I was asking for a fucking invitation?" He asked looking at the ceiling. I turned to look at him but he whisper-yelled at me "Don't. Just cause I tolerate your presence doesn't mean your eyes don't still creep me out."
"Fuck you." I said before rolling over. We sat there, back to side, for what felt like days. I allowed a few silent tears to roll down my face but I knew I couldn't loose control while Kellin was here. Why did they hate me so much? I didn't choose my eye color, I didn't choose to be defected. This happened to me, I didn't do it voluntarily. I didn't want to be a freak of nature, I didn't want to be fucked up, but I was. And all Kellin has done since we were kids was make me feel like shit about it. Yet here I was, laying in a bed with him close enough to feel.
I don't remember what happened before I fell asleep, I just remember him quietly singing along to 'When You Can't Sleep At Night' and me allowing one more tear to fall from my pale-blue eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got stuck with chapter one! So here ya go!
Title Cred: I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light -Brand New

Before you ask, I do have an obsession with Brand New. Get over it.
FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK