Status: complete bitches

I Will Soon Forget the Color of Your Eyes

Can We Lose Our Minds And Call It Love?

Vic's POV
"You thought I actually cared about a freak like you!? What the fuck would make you think that? I've only been pretending that I care about you. Haven't you ever heard of just messing with someone?" Kellin spat, a look of disgust filling his eyes.
I sobbed, but no noise came out.
I sat up, awaking up from sleep. Sweat drenched my body, making my too-big shirt stick to me. I hadn't been having nightmares in a while, what brought that on?
A whimper next to me pulled me from my thoughts. I looked over to see a peacefully sleeping Kellin.
Seeing him next to me freaked me out a bit. That dream felt so... Real. Oh god, what if it's true? What if he doesn't actually care about me? Kellin's arm wrapped around my waist, but I pulled away from it. I didn't want to be near him right now. I couldn't get hurt again.
I reached out and unzipped the tent, stepping outside in the cold air. I looked up at the stars and although it calmed me, I still felt sick to my stomach and my head was spinning. How could I think that a guy like Kellin could like a freak like me?
I felt tears prick at the corner my eyes. I can't believe I had even put myself in a situation like this. Kellin had been bullying me for as long as I could remember. What would make me think that he would just change?
I was too busy trying to keep the tears from falling down my face that I hadn't even noticed Kellin walk up behind me. I didn't notice until he wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head in the crook of my neck, mumbling something about being out here so late. Usually I would've loved being in his arms, loving the feeling of warmth, and comfort in his arms, the feeling of being. . Being well, complete. But now, it just made me sick.
I pulled away, turning around to face him. Seeing him rub the sleep from eyes, I turned my gaze to the ground, kicking the sand.
"Babe, what's wrong?" Kellin asked, the sleep still strong in his voice.
"Kellin. . Just don't. Please."
"Did I do something wrong or. .?"
"I just need time to think. Just please, go." I said, looking up this time, but not at him. Out at the lake, the water was muggy, especially with the moon shining down on it.
"Vic what's going on? Please talk to me," Kellin whined desperately, despite his usual confident self.
"I told you, I need to think."
"Vic." Kellin spoke quietly, trying once again to wrap his arms around my waist. Why is he making it so much harder than it needs to be? I didn't understand why he was trying so hard.
I pulled away, which shouldn't have surprised Kellin as much as it did. He just looked down, not saying another word. He turned around to walk back to our tent, giving me one last glance. Since I didn't say anything more, he just sighed, stepped in and zipped it up the rest of the way.
I felt like crying, but there was no point. I had gotten myself in the situation without thinking about the consequences. I let the tears fall as I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump.
"Kellin you need to-" I stopped short when I turned and saw Nicole standing there, simply smiling.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just heard you two talking and it didn't sound good. Everything alright?" She smiled sweetly again, her accent thick in her voice. Why she hung out with Trisha, I would never know.
I figured there was no point in lying to her, so I decided I'd tell her. I didn't see the harm in it. What was the worst that could happen? Besides I had to let it out somehow. Bottling up my emotions never helped in the end.
I sighed before starting. "Well Kellin used to bully me and suddenly that all. . Changed. Well, you know, being friends with Trisha. At first it bothered me, ya know, the whole thought of us being together, but he seemed sincere about changing his ways and well. . . Everything. So, I gave him a chance. And tonight. . I don't know. I just had this nightmare that this whole thing," I stated, gesturing with my hands the campsite, "was all just one big joke." I finished, sniffling with a frown on my face.
At first, Nicole said nothing and just smiled.
"Vic, honestly, Im pretty sure it's not. The way Kellin looks at you. . It's different. It's different from anybody he's ever been with, and different from the way he looks at anyone else. He practically hangs over your every word. He's so much happier when you're around. Everybody can tell. And think about how happy he makes you. Don't tell me he doesn't, because whenever he's around, you can't keep the smile off your face. You need to stop letting these things get to you." She replied, with a pat on my back. I knew what I needed to do. I nodded in thanks and walked over to the tent.
Kellin POV
I had woken up when I heard Vic leave the tent. I didn't know why he had gone out there, but it did wake me up. I got up to follow him, assuming that it was morning. Except when I went out there to just go talk to him, he pushed me away. Why though? What did I do wrong? I had ended up with no choice but to go back to our tent. I had been pretty tired, but under the circumstances, I couldn't sleep. It felt like forever, just laying there, staring at the top of the plain tent. I felt disgusted with myself. Had Vic changed his mind about wanting to give him another chance? The thought made me more than upset, so he tried to push it away. I ended up chewing on my fingernails while waiting for Vic to come back to the tent. The whole time, I felt like breaking down. I thought I had finally convinced Vic that I was sorry, and ready to move on from it all, start new. I wanted him to trust me on this. I was going to make him like me again. The last thing I wanted was for him to be scared of me.
Just as I had almost started to drift off into sleep, when I heard the tent unzip. I sat up almost instantly, noticing Vic had been crying, and I wanted to know why. If it was because of something I did, I knew I was going to feel like shit.
"Vic I-" I started, but was cut off with his soft lips crashing onto my own. Although I was confused, I kissed back just as gently. When the need to breathe became too much, we pulled away from each other, our foreheads still resting against each others. His mocha colored eyes met mine, and I just smiled. The butterflies never left. "I wanted to apologize if I did something to make you upset or something. ." I trailed off, grabbing his hands in mine. I wasn't really sure if he was upset because of me, so apologizing seemed like the best thing to do.
"It wasn't you. Well, not really. I'm just scared that this whole thing between us is going to go downhill. I don't really think I can handle getting hurt again, to be honest." He told me, looking down after the words left his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
well here it is. It sucks really bad but oh well. I had it written out a different way, and it was a lot better, but it got erased bc I pressed the wrong button sigh. Anyways, yeah. I'm sorry. It's like 2:50 in the morning so I need to not write ok bye
i'm sORRY