Status: complete bitches

I Will Soon Forget the Color of Your Eyes

And It Ends

"And now for our valedictorian speech, given by Ms. Jenna Mcdougall." The plump principal of Clairmont High said from his podium before moving aside for Jenna to take her place. She set her note cards on the podium and looked back at Vic, who gave her a reassuring smile. She took a deep breath and began-

"Kurt Vonnegut once said, 'True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.' Well, 8 months ago thinking about this would have made me want to vomit with frustration. Eight months ago I was convinced that my high school class was full of bullies, and lowlifes, and cowards." She paused to look back at the crowd of offended graduates with an apologetic glance. "Eight months ago I would have refused to make this speech, assuming that I would have nothing good to say about this group of people standing behind me. But now, well here I am, aren't I?"

Kellin was released from the hospital two days after he awoke. The two boys walked away clinging to each other as if their lives depended on it. Every few seconds one would mutter that they loved the other, not to hear it in response, but to make sure that no matter what happened, they knew it was true. They got back to Kellin's house and laid in each other's arms, relieved that they both still had each other after all they had been through, and promising themselves that they would never loose each other.

"Once, I went to a shopping mall, and while I was there, a woman passed out and was removed from the mall on a stretcher in an ambulance. I was horrified, watching every move like my eyes were glued to the woman lying motionless on the floor. I looked around and tried to find someone who looked like they could help her until the ambulance arrived, but no one stepped up. Everyone went on with their business. In the beginning of this year, and all the years before that, I assumed that my peers were just like those people; going on with their daily business and not caring what happened to anyone around them. Now I realize, they were like me. They didn't think they were qualified to help so they assumed someone else would take up the position. They were not scared of the situation, they were scared of their own in-capabilities."

When Kellin was well enough to go back to school, he walked in holding Vic's hand. They walked in the front doors and waited for the ridicule to start, they froze in front of the door expecting to get the same treatment that Kellin had been dishing out for years, but all they got were sly smiles and relieved sighs. Turns out, the rest of the student body was terrified for Vic. Everyone wanted Kellin to leave him alone but they didn't have the guts to tell him to stop. Everyone waited for someone else to do it. When they turned up dating, the entire school let out a shaky breath and felt a weight lifted from their shoulders. The real challenge, as both boys had expected, were Kellin's friends. They ended up turning on Kellin; making fun of him for being gay and falling for Vic who had been so weak for so long. Vic's friends were quick to adopt Kellin into their group, though, after seeing how sincere he really was. Matty Mullins transferred schools a few days later. If you ask anybody, they say he was heartbroken, and jealous.

"I've seen incredible things this year. Classmates who have shown me that nothing is impossible, that the dreams we had as kids never die, and that true love is a magical thing. I watched the school's biggest bully," she turned to mouth 'no offense' at Kellin , who laughed and nodded, "fall for his number one victim. I saw every step of the way the transition he made from utter repulsion to blinding adoration. Eight months ago I would have said it was impossible. I would have, in all honestly, spit in the eye of anyone who said that it was even a possibility. After seeing it though, just.... wow. There really is nothing like watching two people fall in love. Without this group of people, I might not even believe that true love existed."

Their parent's were more than enthused. With the exception of them sharing a tent on the camping trip and the multiple sleepover's they'd had in the past. Everyone seemed thrilled that their two families would actually become one after so many years of acting like it. Trisha admitted to everything she did to Vic and is now being treated for Multiple Personality Disorder and mild schizophrenia at a hospital on the outskirts of town. Kellin and Vic visit her every weekend and she loves seeing them. She loves seeing them both happy. Even Vic.

"So, Kurt, I suppose one day I might wake up and realize that my classmates are now running the country or the world. But I won't be terrified, Mr. Vonnegut. I will let out my own sigh of relief and rest my head back on my pillow. I will sleep soundly at night knowing that such an amazing group of bullies and cowards and lowlifes are now large and in charge. I will have hopefully found my own courage to help the random lady in the shopping mall. I will have hopefully found true love. But when I wake up in 10 years, pardon my french, but I will be damned if I am not proud of every single one of these bitches standing up here with me."

With that, she smiled back at the graduates, and they all threw their hats in the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's it... Sorry If I get a little sappy but... I'm literally sobbing.
This entire fic was just me being stupid and saying random things in my kitchen and it turned into the thing that saved my life. When I started this I literally had a date set and then I started talking to these authors and they honestly saved my life. So if you read this, thank you for keeping this going. If you wrote this, thank you for keeping me going.

I love all you beautiful people.
~Mama Hen~