Status: SUPER SLOWLY ACTIVE. Just trying this out. let me know your thoughts

I Have a Million Different Kinds of Fun.

Advice.

I drove home replaying the moment I just shared with Vic at the coffee shop. My stomach got butterflies just thinking about it. He seemed rather sweet and tolerable. I really appreciated that he took the time to listen to me, and that being deaf didn't immediately run him off. he could still ignore me if I texted him. That was my fear, texting him... would he even reply? Maybe he only stuck it out with me at the shop because he took the time to come over to me and he didn't want to be embarrassed since his friends were watching? Madelyn! why do you always do this to yourself? Stop turning everything into a negative. I guess I would just have to talk this over with Brittany when I got home... but she always shot down my hearing boyfriends, because they always ended up hurting me. So I cant really blame her.

Before I even realized it I was pulling up to my apartment complex. I climbed the stairs to the second floor and opened the door to my apartment. I immediately spotted Brittany as I entered. She was sitting at the bar near the kitchen on a stool reading a magazine. Which she looked up from when she heard me enter the apartment.

"Where have you been darling?" She signed to me immediately with a worried expression on her face.

"I was at the coffee shop, calm down please." I signed back making the sign we made up for 'frap' It was me making a cup with my hand and pretending to put whipped cream on the top of it. I then sat my laptop case and keys onto the empty lounge chair we had In the living room before sitting down across from her at the bar.

"were you writing?" she signed scribbling on the table making me smile.

"Yes, but something interesting happened while I was there today." I signed quickly. She raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a sheepish smile. She could be adorable sometimes, when she wasn't busy acting like a mom to everyone she was quite a gossip.

"Oh? what happened today?!" she asked excitedly with her hands, I followed them smiling. I loved signing with her, because we had developed our own style over the years, short cuts to make our conversation easier and such.

"I met a man, He stuck around through my texting habit and gave me his number, I was surprised he didn't run of after I told him I was deaf." I signed with lightning sped, luckily me and her could keep up with each other since we've had years upon years of practice.

"I assume he was a hearing man then? Madelyn... You and hearing guys never work out!" She signed angrily and ended with an intimidating look on her face. I frowned and signed back just as angrily to her my hands making sharp, hard movements.

"I need advice from my best friend, not a lecture Brittany! You are hearing! never forget that! We work just fine, and we have for years, I think your opinion about me and hearing boys is foolish and immature." I huffed as I hit my fists lightly down on the table.

Brittany was so understanding of me being deaf, because she had grew up with a deaf brother, and I met her one night at a family night we had at our school for the deaf, Brittany shared the last cupcake on the family table with me and we've been best friends ever since. She was always so over protective of me and her brother since she was a couple years older than us, but she was very dedicated to her sign language since her brother always struggled with it. I admired her, and how involved she was, not all siblings were like that with their hearing impaired siblings. She was a truly beautiful human being which is why I tried not the let her opinion on deaf and hearing relationships bother me so much. She knows better than anyone ho hard it is to be thrown into this world and that it took dedication and patience from a hearing person to ever really understand someone who couldn't hear the world around them.

She held her hands up in defeat and apologized to me quickly. A smile appeared on her lips which meant she understood and would drop her ridiculous negativity about me liking a hearing boy for the night.

"Well go on, what happened! tell me everything!" She signed excitedly with huge smile on her face showing her teeth, she made a gesture with her hands that meant for me to hurry and explain.

I told her exactly how everything happened at the shop, how shy Vic was, how he kept smiling at me, and how he didn't mind me texting to him. She watched my hands intently, being genuinely interesting in what I had to say. She scrunched her nose up in the most adorable way that she always does when she's thinking hard about something as I finished signing. She raised her hands for a moment but then quickly put them down before raising them again a few minutes later and replying to me.

"I think he sounds sincere, and you shouldn't be worried about him ignoring your text Hun, he wouldn't have gave you his number if he didn't want to talk to you. I think its adorable that he wants to hear your voice some day, and the fact that he used a Spanish pet name on you already means that he's really genuinely interested. just be careful, you know how difficult it can be to open up to a hearing person, they need to be patient ,and some just aren't prepared for that." She gave mea huge toothy smile, and she rested her hand on her knees.

"I really think he may be different, he made me feel butterflies and a nervousness I haven't felt in a long time... I think I'm going to give him a shot and see where it goes." I blushed slightly again, she held her hands over her heart and mouthed 'aww' to me.

"If he makes you feel like that, then Its worth a shot. Go for it." She clapped her hands at the end and got up from her seat just when I had.

"I think I will, I'm going to shower... are you making dinner or am I tonight?" I asked pointing from her to me.

"ill cook, I know you've been stressed. Go shower." She flicked her wrist up high in the air telling me to scram and get to the shower. I laughed and left the room.

I walked into my room and grabbed my two dark plum towels off the hanger behind my door, I then walked across the hall to the bathroom me and Brittany shared. I turned the shower on, as I waited for the water to heat up I decided to take the time and really study myself in the mirror.

I stared In the mirror trying to see why Vic had called me cutie pie earlier. I always thought I was average. I had naturally tanned skin from my mothers side, she was Italian, I had long naturally blonde hair that always got bleached if I was out in the sun for to long, it was wavy and reached my mid back, I had bangs straight across my fore head that were currently clipped to the side. My eyes were a light brown that I've always seemed to love about myself. I had what seemed like a million dark freckles that lined my cheeks and the top of my nose, they always bothered me but everyone else constantly called them cute, but I disagree. My nose is what everyone refers to as a 'pixie' nose because its slightly pointed up, but it never bothered me, I guess I've always thought it was cute. I looked down at the rest of my body. I had decent sized breasts and a very skinny waist with hips to match. I never thought I was fat or anything, just had a small build, but I did work out every now and then and felt like I had a decently toned body that I was rather comfortable with, I always tried to have confidence in that since.

I stepped into the shower letting the warm body wash all my stress and worried thoughts away. I always cleared my mind in the shower, It was my only vice when I couldn't seem to write anything. I took a longer than necessary shower, and realized that dinner was probably ready by now and I didn't want to make Brittany wait any longer than I already had. I wrapped my body and hair in my matching towels and exited the bathroom, I peaked my head around the corner to see Brittany still working at the stove with two plates only half filled with food.

I ran into my room and quickly slipped on a pair of black yoga pants and a dark red spaghetti strapped tank top. I unwrapped my hair from the towel and dried it slightly, I like letting it dry naturally so it would hold its natural waviness perfectly. I stepped back into the living room. Brittany was pouring us two glasses of wine, which made me smile.

"Looks delicious, thank you." I said bringing all my fingers to my mouth and then bringing my hand down thanking her. She smiled warmly and told me to sit.

She had made a wonderful chicken parmesan with mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side. She had a knack for cooking and it was always a treat when she did. I loved when she made dinner.

"Want to watch a movie?" Brittany asked as we sipped our wine and finished our meals in a comfortable silence. Its hard to hold conversations at dinner with sign language so I actually used my voice when we ate.

"Sure, sounds good to me! How about something funny?" I asked her knowing comedy's were her favorite as well as mine.

"Of course! what else?" she laughed and took our empty plates to the dishwasher and refilled out wine glasses. We made our way to the living room an sat on our comfy black couch after popping in the hangover.

The whole movie I was itching to text Vic, I had my phone in my hands, casually texting my mother since she had asked how my day was. I hovered over Vic's contact... It was till early in the night and I really wanted to know if he'd text me back or not... I watched the movie for a few more minutes, glancing from the TV to Vic's name way to often. I huffed and opened up a new message.

-Hey Vic, It's Madelyn.- I let my thumb hover over the send button for a moment before taking a deep breath and hitting send.

I watched as my message popped into that familiar lue bubble that means it sent my message.

and I waited.

I read the words on the screen to the movie, trying to fully pay attention until I felt my phone vibrate, I expected it to be my mother. However.... there it was. An alert with his name on it.

-New message From: Vic

My smile couldn't have gotten any bigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well guys :D things are starting to move along !!! I hope Im doing okay portraying this story correctly. LEAVE FEEDBACK <3