Sequel: Cloud of Our Own

I'm Water for Your Wine

your fingertips are never cool

Everybody’s friends had a hangout spot; my friends and I had McDonalds.

Most of us were surprised as to how we hadn’t been kicked out already, we were a rowdy group of kids who liked to dance and make jokes whenever we wanted. Since McDonalds was such a popular spot, I guess they didn’t mind a little noise when we came around.

He came around just as much as I did, and would sometimes even ask if I was going; why? I would never know since he should be asking his girlfriend that question. His girlfriend, being a girl that wasn’t my favorite person and I guess I wasn’t her favorite person either.

McDonalds was a couple blocks away from school so everyone walked, since no one could drive yet. The deal with the troop to McDonalds was you either had a group or you joined a group, and if you didn’t have a group you were either an outsider or just going home.

I was always stuck teetering on the line of being an outsider and having a group. I would be with a group and then wander off or behind by myself; but no worries because I eventually found myself either back in the group or in McDonalds already.

Sometimes I would happen upon another person teetering, like myself, and we could strike up a conversation. This one time in particular, I found a rather strange person to teeter with.

He slipped his fingers in the hollow spaces between mine before I realized he was even next to me. When I tried to pull my hand from his, he laughed and tugged on my hand; saying, ‘let it be,’ as we continued to walk.

He, Theo, always seemed to sneak up on me when I wasn’t paying attention. He’d catch me singing off-key loudly, or when I was tripping over my skateboard or just plain not paying attention to my surroundings.

It sometimes upset me that he saw me in such vulnerable, clumsy moments of mine but then he was my best friend and we shared that with one another.

I pursed my lips, and sucked my teeth at him. A large smile came to his face and he wiggled his finger at me as he said, “You know you love me.”

I shook my head of the thought, of real love between us, but then shook my head even more, showing him I denied it even more. “No, I don’t.” I said with a small smile on my face.

He began to swing our arms as he led us down the street. Everyone was either too far ahead or behind us for anyone to see this moment, and I was glad. He may not see this as much, but as an outsider looking in; I know I would think there was something going on.

He continued to swing our arms, either ignoring my limp hand in his or choosing it as an excuse to grip onto my hand tighter. After awhile, he decided to take notice and stuck his bottom lip out in a pout. “You don’t love me?”

I put on my straightest face and said in my tightest voice, “Nope.”

“Not even a little?”

“Not in the least, Leo.”

He suddenly snatched his hand from mine and moved over a foot or two. He crossed his arms and began to walk more swiftly and faster. Despite being the same height, I struggled to keep up with him.

“Where’s the fire?”

“You don’t love me.” He said this in a sad voice as he sent a puppy dog look at me over his shoulder. I let a giggle slip through my lips as I was practically running to keep up with him.

“Of course I love you! You’re my baby.”

“No. You don’t love me.”

I leaped and threw my arms around his shoulders. He slowed down a bit so I could keep up as my feet were slightly touching the floor, and I rested my head on his shoulder. “I do love you. Don’t you believe me?”

He shook his head and I tapped his nose. “Well then you’re just gonna have to now aren’t you?” I grinned and he stuck his tongue out at me; but then I knew we were ok. We were kidding the entire time but my heart does this stupid thing where it speeds up whenever I say I love him.

I’m a love story fanatic and I’m expecting him to say, “I love you too, more than you’d know.” Then we’d kiss romantically and passionately and run off together in the setting sun.

Wrong

Instead as we separate we come upon the group that was ahead of us that contains his girlfriend, Christine, who isn’t my favorite person; and because of my sour attitude towards her she returns it with her own bad attitude.

“Hello Marilyn.”

“Oh, hi Christine.” I passed by the group now containing the golden couple and slipped my glasses on my face. I didn’t need to associate with people I didn’t even like half the time at all.

I had the biggest crush on my best friend and no one knew. I just had to deal with these horrific feelings myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
is anyone really reading or is this just gonna be for me?

i feel like its just for me