Sequel: Cloud of Our Own

I'm Water for Your Wine

your fingertips are never cool

“They what?”

“They broke up a couple days ago.” Safiyah, my friend, told me about the golden couple.

Despite my feelings for Leo, I didn’t feel like a breakup was apart of the future of their relationship. I thought that I would be on the sidelines for at least a few more months as they seemed so in love, but looks can be deceiving, it shows.

I ran a hand through my hair, “Well, why?

Safiyah shrugged, picking at the grass below us. “Christine said that she was too busy for him, with her having work and Leo being Leo.” We shared a look. “She said they still love each other but that it was just too much. But then I told her if she has enough time for her friends she should have time for Leo right?”

I nodded my head, “Well yeah, if you can make time for your friends you can definitely make plans with your boyfriend. If anything bring him along.”

Safiyah’s eyes were nearly popping out her head. “That’s what I said!” She exploded. “And she was all, oh that’s different, and then I just gave up ‘cause like it’s her relationship you know? And they didn’t even make a big deal out of the break up you know what I mean?”

I let out a chuckle, “Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially since I talk to Leo everyday and he never said a word!”

“I guess it’s not a big deal to them? I dunno. If they really loved each other I feel like they could’ve tried harder but who knows.” Safiyah just shook her head but then glanced at me with a smirk. “This is your chance!”

My eyes widened as I looked at her. “My chance for wha—Oh no! They just broke up! I can’t do something so suddenly!”

Safiyah sighed, “They don’t seem upset over the breakup at all! You should definitely try to be alone with him!”

I shifted uncomfortably; being alone with Leo? We had been alone before but usually one of our friends close by. But alone with no one else around, just us hanging out? I wonder how that would work out. Would there be awkward silences? Sudden gaps in the conversations?

I licked my lips, “Ill ask him to go to Red Mango with me. That’s fun right? Everybody loves frozen yogurt. Ill ask him tomorrow, as a last minute thing so its either yes or no.”

Safiyah winked at me, “Whatever floats your boat, hun.”

“Eat a dick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
lol these chapters are coming from my butt
i feel like theres only gonna be a few more, maybe only 10-15 chapter in all
sounds bueno