Status: work in progress, next update imminent after I assess how well it's doing

That Boy Is a Monster, He Ate My Heart

A Lesson in Self Control

The buzz had gradually built up en route from the airport to the hotel as we passed an array of brightly coloured cosplayers and people generally dressing up to have a good time at Comic Con. Getting excited over someone dressed as Totoro and another as a character from Final Fantasy was the first time Phil had uttered any words since getting off the plane. My hands, and other parts of me, itched to reach over and touch Dan but my guilt made sure my urges were kept in check.

“check my pulse, is this heaven?” PJ’s eyes followed a Black Widow cosplayer from one end of the room to the other longingly.

The only person whose eyes weren’t on her were Chris’, his eyes followed mine to the L from Death Note cosplayer arching cockily against the wall opposite us. I concurred with PJ’s statement. Though for very different reasons.

“You should have seen Phil cosplaying as L for one of the videos we made, I was Light, we pulled it off better than him. Since when does L slouch, come on” I had to admit Dan had a point, the guy’s posture was all wrong.

“Maybe he had too much of a good time with Light last night. I’m gonna go take a shower and get changed into my costume, i’ll text you guys when i’m done” I peeled my shirt away from my sweaty skin to emphasise my point.

I suspected the heat didn’t have much to do with the humidity in the air. Phil perked up slightly at my announcement, shooting me a grateful smile for the alone time with Dan as I headed for the elevator. The ding had barely sounded for the first floor when my phone vibrated loudly in my pocket.

“need someone to scrub ur back? they can cope alone for 5 mins :P x”

A few curious looks shot in my direction as I laughed softly at the text, biting my lip as I typed a quick reply to Dan

“5 mins? wow impressive :P hold that thought until after you’ve seen my costume ;) p.s. get back to showing Phil a good time x”

I’d even stuck to the plan and was sharing a room with Chris and PJ to make Phil feel as comfortable as possible and like nothing had changed. Which it hadn’t...much. I frowned as I approached the door, making note of the fact it was already unlocked. Surely none of the boys could have gotten up the stairs that fast. I barely had time to contemplate where it might be the maid service popping in early before an arm snaked around me and a hand covered my mouth.

“FYI you’d be surprised at what I can do in five minutes, on a good day. You forgot something by the way” my panic quickly dissipated at the sound of Dan’s sarcastic tone.

“Jesus christ on a pogo stick, try and be a little less rapey next time. What did I forget? besides my self control obviously” I bantered back.

Dan leaned in and brushed his lips against mine momentarily before reaching round to scratch his neck in his usual awkard, unconfident manner as he produced a totoro plush from behind his back. Not unlike the ones that he, Phil, Chris and PJ had on their beds.

“You’re one of us now” he smiled before backtracking to the elevator and leaving me to get ready.

I hugged the plush tightly, inhaling his scent deeply. Things were looking less and less temporary by the minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay in updating this, I had terrible writers' block. I hope you enjoy the latest instalment.