Status: Active

Light Em Up

Welcome to Seaview

It couldn’t have been any more obvious that Amy was lost. She stood looking at the school, much larger than her previous one, with her map in one hand and schedule in the other. She observed the different buildings around her – the high school was more of a college campus than a secondary school, what with around 650 students – and tried to piece them together on her map just so she could find Building 3 Room 237. She was just grateful that she arrived to school early enough to afford being able to stand outside staring at all the different buildings before she got to class. She began walking through the campus, in search of Building 3, and was just grateful that she looked cute and was having a good hair day. If she was going to look like a deer in headlights, she figured she might as well look good while doing it.

Ben leaned against one of the lockers as Sydney got her books. "You know, one of these days Matt's going to snap and ship you off to a convent," he said as the girl went on about her weekend. Sydney rolled her eyes. "Over my dead body," she groaned and closed her locker. The two pushed through the crowed halls of Seaview High before Ben stopped the two of them, looking at Amy. "And here we have a newborn cub, making its way through the jungle. Trying to find acceptance in the pack when all of a sudden!" he paused looking at Sydney, "The almighty eagle and his slutty companion take interest in the new prey and casually walk over to her and say hello," he said while dragging Sydney over to Amy. “Hey,” Ben called out to Amy. She had finally made it to Building 3, and was on the second floor looking for room 237. She turned to the boy with long dark hair that had just called her name, and saw that he was with a girl with black curls and large brown eyes. “You lost?” the boy asked.

“Hi,” Amy smiled at them. “Is it that obvious?”

He laughed. "Sweetie, if this was Animal Planet, I would have eaten you by now," he stuck out his hand. "I'm Ben," he said, "And this is Sydney, spoiler she's not Australian," as they shook hands.

Amy let out a chuckle; she was nervous, but she didn’t dare let that show. She did her best to remain calm and poised. “I’m Amy, I just moved here from Palm Beach. It’s nice to meet you guys.”

Sydney smiled. "It’s nice to meet you too, so where you heading, Amy?" she asked her.

“Room 237,” Amy checked her paper again. “I hope I’m heading in the right direction,” she jokingly frowned.

Ben and Sydney smiled at each other. "Yeah you are, come on we'll take you there," Sydney said as the trio walked to class. "You’re going to love this class" Ben told her, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

“I hope so,” Amy shrugged, heading into the class with Ben and Sydney. First period of the day was French with Madame Danton, who was a hag of an old woman. She was probably younger than she looked, but regardless, Amy saw past the façade of a fake smile at the sight of a new student right away.

Sydney went to sit next to Hazel and Jake while Ben stayed with Amy. "Just a heads up, she's a total freaking fascist. Welcome to French," he warned her before giving her a quick smile and went to his seat next to Hazel.

"Bonjour class, everyone quiet down. Today we have a new student. Would you like to say a few words?" Madame Danton asked Amy as the class stared at her.

Amy found herself to be the last one standing in the classroom, having not yet taken a seat. She took a relatively quiet deep breath. "Um, hi everyone. I'm Amy. I'm a senior from Palm Beach." Amy then shrugged, not knowing what else to say, and then went to steal the available seat next to Ben.

Angela leaned forward slightly to look at both Ben and Amy. "Been picking up strays Bennie?" she smiled at the two of them.

“Excuse me?” Amy turned to the stranger. She wasn’t sure what to think of that statement.

“I figured I’d guide this lone wolf to a pack,” Ben winked. “It’s dangerous to walk these halls alone, y’know.”

"We'll you've certainly brought her to the best pack," she winked. "It's nice to meet you Amy," she whispered, trying not to be caught by Madame Danton.

"You too," Amy smiled. "I'm sorry; I didn't quite catch your name?"

"I'm Angela, but everyone just calls me Angie."

“Ladies,” Madame Danton looked to them, “you’ll have plenty of time for making friends later. Silence, please. Now, everyone, I’d like to welcome you all back to French class – or, in Amy’s case, to my French class. As you all know, I run a tight ship around here,” Madame Danton paced, “and you all should know the rules by now. No eating, no beverages besides water, no texting or other means of using a cell phone, no talking unless it is for a class exercise or discussion. Let’s begin by assigning textbooks, shall we?” she smiled. It was a completely forced smile; Amy could only hold her breath. She figured that a sigh would result in detention. She could tell that first period French was going to be hell.

Ben leaned over to Amy. "Fascist," he whispered and passed her a textbook. Angie - who was at the end of the isle next to Jake - gave her a small smile before opening her book and started to take notes. It was going to be a long hour.