Status: Active

The Promise.

"Do I know you?"

It was a sunny day in the Southern part of California, Huntington Beach. People were walking around on the streets with huge smiles on their faces, families were hanging out in the parks, and children were playing, laughing and just in general having a good time. Well that just mean that the summer was here, or at least it was on its way.

And then there was me. Not that I wasn't happy, because in fact I was beyond happy. You see, a few days ago my beloved boyfriend of three years, Matt, came home from his last tour in Afghan, where he was with the U.S Army. Since his last three weeks long break, he had been gone for about six months straight, and now he was finally home for good, he would never have to leave with the military ever again.

At the very moment I was sitting in my baby, my black Toyota Hilux 2014 which was the newest Hilux. It was a gift from Matt, since my other car got fucked up by some teenage boys. Anyway, I was on my way home from my job, where I was a photographer and I loved it with all my heart. I had tried out as a pastry chef once, and I did really well but I just didn’t feel like it was a job that I would love to keep the rest of my life, so I decided to take photography classes, and here I am working for teen vogue, but my real dream was to open my own photo studio one day I hated teen vogue but it paid the bills.

Soon one of my favorite songs started playing in the radio; Dead Bite by Hollywood Undead. I turned up the radio and started singing along, while driving down PCH, still holding the speed limit. I’ve paid a speeding fee once, and I never want to do it again it is too expensive.

As I were crossing a cross road, I noticed too late a car driving full speed from the other side of the road, and soon a big crash sounded and I didn’t noticed that the other car had smashed into my own before my vision began to blur.

I tried my best to keep my eyes open, and within a few minutes’ sirens was heard from a long distance, but in reality it wasn’t from a long distance, they were right next to me. I saw two men rushing towards me, and getting my out of the car, but soon I saw a blurred vision of a tall, very build man running towards me and crashing me into his arms. I recognized that smell. It was Matt, and he was talking to me, but I just told him that I was sorry and that he shouldn’t worry about me with a whispering voice. “Shh Matt, you have nothing to be sorry for. I love you so much.”

As I tried to fight with having my eyes open, my mind told me to give in and let them close, and that’s what I did.
Image
I could hear voices around me, who are they? Do I know the people talking? Do they know me? But last of all, where am I? I could hear they were talking about someone, I didn’t get why they would be talking about another girl, in front of me. Soon I understood that they were talking about me, which made me listen closely.

“She is in bad condition sir, I’m so sorry” I heard someone say, right before I heard someone sniffle and mumble something I didn’t quite get.

“We will however do the best we can to help her, and to help you. I hope you understand that” the voice said again.

“Yes I understand doctor, but will she…. Will she survive?” Another voice said.

“To answer you right at this moment, then yes. Yes she will survive, I mean she’s alive now, we just have to wait for her to wake up” The first voice said, “but I will leave you in here now and...”

I tried hard to open my eyes and soon in happened, causing me to let out a small ‘Yes’, which lead the so called doctor to look at me. I looked around in the room; the walls were cream-colored with small flowers placed around on the wall. Huge windows covered most of the side wall, but curtains were pulled over to cover for the sun. I looked up to see two men looking curiously at me, one with a white coat one, and another one who were wearing normal clothes. I looked at the “normal-dressed” man, just to see tears rolling down his cheeks; his eyes were red and puffy like he’d been crying for days.

“Mrs. Ragan, how are you? Can you hear what I’m saying?” the doctor said. “I’m Dr. Dawinski, and I will be following you until you get out of the hospital, okay?” he continued.

I nodded at his words and answered him with a small “Yeah, okay”.

Dr. Dawinski started telling me about whatever, but I seriously didn’t listen at his words. Soon I couldn’t hold it back anymore; “Why am I in the hospital?” I interrupted Dr. Dawinski, and looked weirdly and both him and the other man.

“You were in an accident. Can you tell me your name please?” Dr. Dawinski said and looked curiously at me.

“My name is Brandie-Anette Ragan, and I am twenty-seven years old” I said in a ‘Duh’ voice. Why was he asking me this? It’s not like anything serious happened. Right?

“Alright that’s good. Well Brandie-Anette call me on this button if you need me, okay? I’ll leave the two of you alone for a bit” Dr. Dawinski said with a smile on his lips, before he turned around and walked out of the door, leaving me alone with a stranger.

Speaking of him, who was he? At what was he doing in my room? I don’t even know him. It’s a weird thing just to walk into a stranger’s hospital room, isn’t it?

The man approached me and took my hand in his; “Brandie baby, I’m so sorry. Words can’t describe how sorry I am, and how much I love you. I missed you so much, and I’m so happy that you finally woke up… Baby I’m so sorry okay? I love you so much”

I looked weirdly at him; “I’m sorry, do I know you?”

The man looked surprisingly at me, his eyed widened a little and tears started to form in his eyes. “I’m Matt? D-Don’t you r-remember me? I’m your boyfriend… Of three years” he whispered sadly.

I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t. What should I say?
Before I knew it, this so called Matt called the button, and soon Dr. Dawinski stood in my room with a soft smile on his lips.

Before he could say anything, Matt started speaking: “Doctor, she doesn’t remember me” and tears started running down his cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I had to finish my exams and just school in general. So yeah well I'm Sara (Kukilein.), and I'm gonna be the co-writer on this fan-fiction! :D See you guys later, and I hope you liked this update.