Status: Completed.

Why's There a Blue Box in My Living Room?

1/1

A strange whirring sound woke me from my sleep. It wasn’t the normal sound of the fridge humming in the kitchen or the fizzling of the street lights outside as they flickered on and off. It was a sound I’d never heard before.

I hopped out of bed and followed the noise downstairs. When I got to the base I was surprised to see a large blue police box in the middle of my living room. That wasn’t there when I went to bed.

A loud banging noise came from inside the box. I armed myself with the first thing that I could find which so happened to be a broom, terrifying I know.

A few seconds later a man came stumbling out of the box. He was tall and on the skinny side wearing a button up shirt with suit pants and a tweed overcoat. His hair was a mess and he had a kind face. I pulled the broom closer to me.

“Oh, hello there.” He said to me as if we were old friends. He had a British accent and a voice that matched his quirky dress sense.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my lounge room?” I asked pointing the broom at him in, what I hoped was, a somewhat threatening manner.

“Put that down. I’m not going to hurt you.” He plopped himself down onto one of the chairs. “What would you say if I told you that I could take you to any place in all of time and space?”

“I’d say you’re mad.” In fact, I’d probably say he was mad regardless of his crazy question.

“Well I am mad but that has nothing to do with anything.” He smiled. “Come with me and I’ll prove it.
I can take you anywhere you want to go, anywhere at all.”

“I’m not going anywhere with you. I have no idea who you are!” I was very intrigued by him I must admit.

“Trust me.” He offered his hand and after a moment’s thought I took it. I have no idea why but I was drawn to the strange, funny looking man in front of me. He turned just before re-entering the blue box and said, “Oh, by the way, I’m The Doctor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little Doctor Who drabble. I've never been able to figure out if I wanted to continue it or not, maybe this will help me make up my mind.
-Danielle