Status: Thank you for taking the time to read this story! Please subscribe, recommend, and please leave constructive feedback, for it is greatly appreciated

Thorin's Long Lost Daughter

Warg Scouts.

It was morning; and we had been freed from the spit and from the sacks. Gandalf walked to one of the troll statues and thumped it with his staff, with a pleased smile on his face.

“Where did you go to, if I may ask?” My father asked Gandalf

“To look ahead.” Gandalf answered

“What brought you back?” Thorin asked.

“Looking behind. Nasty business. Still, they are all in one piece.” Gandalf answered again.

“No thanks to your burglar.” My father answered with a quick roll of his eyes.

“He had the nous to play for time. None of the rest of you thought of that.” Gandalf said. My father looked repentant, and they both examined the statues of the trolls

“They must have come down from the Ettenmoors.” Gandalf said, deep in thought.

“Since when do mountain trolls venture this far south?” Thorin asked

“Oh, not for an age, not since a darker power ruled these lands.” Gandalf said, just as they both looked at each other

“They could not have moved in daylight.” Gandalf added.

“There must be a cave nearby.” Thorin said, as he turned away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We walked through the forest, until we reached a large cave. We entered it, and I could tell it was a troll cave by the smell. It was awful! The cave was full of treasure that the trolls had been hoarding

“Oh, what’s that stench?!” Nori exclaimed

“It’s a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch.” Gandalf warned

As we entered the cave, many of the dwarves coughed and retched at the smell. Inside, we found piles of gold coins and other treasure in caskets.

“Seems a shame just to leave it lyin’ around. Anyone could take it.” Bofur said, thoughtfully.

“Agreed. Nori, get a shovel.” Gloin said. While we explored the cave, I stayed with my father, and we found three swords covered in cobwebs. I turned around to see Gandalf approach us

“These swords were not made by any troll.” Thorin said, as he handed one of the swords to me; one to Gandalf, and he kept one of them for himself

“Nor were they made by any smith among men.” Gandalf said, as he drew the sword in his hand out of its sheath a few inches.

“These were forged in Gondolin by the High Elves of the First Age.” Gandalf said to my father; after he had realized that they were Elvish swords, he started to put his away in disgust.

“You could not wish for a finer blade.” Gandalf snapped.

Reluctantly, Thorin held on to the sword. He drew it out of its sheath a few inches as well.

“Let’s get out of this foul place. Come on, let’s go. Bofur! Gloin! Nori!” Thorin said. I would look at my sword later, and I followed him out of the cave. As soon as we exited the cave, I pulled my sword out of its sheath, and the silver blade glinted in the sunlight. It was a beautiful sword, but I noticed along the blade it read something. 'Fenume Andatehta'.

"Dragon's Mark." I translated

"Something's coming!" I heard my father exclaimed, and I tied the sheath of my new sword on my belt, and I joined my father.
We hid in the bushes, awaiting the unknown person to come out of the bushes.

“Thieves! Fire! Murder!” The man said, as he came tumbling in on a sled, that was pulled by rabbits.

“Radagast! Radagast the Brown. Ah. What on earth are you doing here?” Gandalf asked, he seemed to know this man.

“I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something’s wrong. Something’s terribly wrong.” The man, I guess he was called Radagast, seeing that was what Gandalf called him said.

“Yes?” Gandalf asked, almost eagerly

Radagast opened his mouth to speak, but he shut it. He opened his mouth again, but closed it again. He seemed to have forgotten what he was going to say.

“Oh, just give me a minute. Um, oh, I had a thought, and now I’ve lost it. It was, it was right there, on the tip of my tongue.” He curled up his tongue, and he looked surprised.

“Oh, it’s not a thought at all; it’s a silly old...” He tried to say, as Gandalf pulled a stick insect out of Radagast's mouth

“-stick insect!”
Radagast turned to me.

"Oh my Gandalf. Did you know that you are travelling with a monster?" Everyone turned to face me, I just stared at Radagast.

"We weren't monsters. We were....misunderstood..." Was all I could manage out, before I turned and walked away. I sat down on the ground, way from the rest of the group, and I ran my fingers over the side of my new blade.

"Why is that everyone thinks that we are monsters?" I asked myself, just as a howl was heard in the distance.

“Was that a wolf? Are there--are there wolves out there?” Bilbo asked, a bit worried

“Wolves? No, that is not a wolf.” I said, everyone turned to look at me, for it was the first time that I had spoken since Radagast called me a monster.
From behind a nearby crag, a Warg appeared; it leaped into the midst of the Company, and it knocked down one of the dwarves. Thorin struck and killed it using Orcrist. Another Warg attacked from the other side; Kili shot it with an arrow, which brought it down. However, it got back up, only to be killed by Dwalin.

“Warg-Scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind.” Thorin said, as he pulled Orcrist out of the dead Warg scout's body.

“Orc pack?” Bilbo asked.

“Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?” Gandalf asked.

“No one.” My father answered.

“Who did you tell?” Gandalf bellowed

“No one, I swear. What in Durin’s name is going on?” Thorin asked, I knew that he knew the answer, I guess he just didn't want to believe it.

"You are being hunted.” Gandalf answered, serenely

“We have to get out of here.” Dwalin said.

“We can’t! We have no ponies; they bolted.” Ori exclaimed

“I’ll draw them off.” Radagast said, determined.

“These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you.” Gandalf said.

“These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I’d like to see them try.” Radagast smirked. We got together, and we waited for Radagast to dart out of the forest. Once he did, we ran out of the woods. We rushed across a rocky plain. In the distance, I could see Radagast being chased by the Wargs. One of them crashed while he tried to catch him.

“Stay together.” Gandalf ordered

“Move!” Thorin shouted. We ran until we stopped behind a rock. Ori started to run out of the cover

“Ori, no! Come back!” Thorin said, as he pulled Ori back behind the rock. We waited until the Wargs passed, and we continued to run, until we took cover once again behind an outcropping of rock. We stood there in silence, and I heard the claws of a Warg click on the rock above us. Thorin looked at Kili and nods; but before he got out too far, I grabbed his hand, pulled him back, and pecked him on the cheek, and I let him go.

"For luck..." I muttered. Kili quickly stepped out and shot the Warg. The Warg and the orc on it fell near the dwarves, and the dwarves killed them. The Warg howled loudly, so I knew that the others heard it.

“Move. Run!” Gandalf ordered, and we didn't need to be told twice.

We ran through a grassy plain; Wargs began to surround us from all sides, and a Warg rushed at Thorin, who had his back to it. Kili turned to me, as he shot yet another Warg.

"Shoot it, Evelyn..."

"He's too far away..." I sighed.

"I can't believe that I have to do this, but..."

"Kili...you're about to see why I'm called a monster..." I said, plainly

I ran towards Thorin.

"Evelyn!" Kili shouted, but I paid no mind to him. I leaped over Thorin, and when I landed a large, brown wolf took my place on the ground, and I snarled at the Warg. The rider was surprised, but he lunged his Warg forwards, but I avoided the Warg, and I sunk my teeth into its neck. The Warg yelped, but I bit down harder, and the Warg yelped once more, before it hung loose in my mouth, dead. I threw the Wrag to my left, in front of the leader. It stared at me, and I just snarled, baring my teeth. I attacked another one, and I stood with the other dwarves. As the leader grew closer, Ori shot a rock at it using his slingshot, but it did nothing. Thorin pulled out his sword, and I got myself ready, to kill anything that came in my path.

“Hold your ground!” Thorin shouted, as the Wargs attacked.I lunged at one of the Wargs, but while my back was turned, I felt teeth sink into my side, and it ripped me off the other Warg. It held my wolf form still in its mouth, and I changed back to my normal self, and the Warg flung me onto a rock. My head hit the rock, and everything was black.

Author's Point Of View

“Come on, move! Quickly, all of you! Go, go, go!” Thorin shouted, as the Wargs approached, the Dwarves, and Bilbo slid into the large crack in the rock, which slid them into a cave. Thorin killed a Warg that had gotten to close, as Kili shot another one.

“Nine, ten” Gandalf counted in the cave.

“Kili! Run!” Thorin shouted, as he and Kili had jumped into the crack, last, just as Yazneg and his Wargs reached the crack. Thorin looked around at the Company.

"Do we have everyone?" Kili asked, as Gandalf recounted. He finished counting, and his brow furrowed in confusion, and he counted again.

"We're short one." Gandalf said, finally. Everyone looked around, and Thorin realized who they were missing.

"Evelyn." Thorin said, finally, just as an Elvish horn sounded, and a group of mounted Elves rushed into the fray. They shot, and speared the Wargs and Orcs. The Company listened to the conflict from inside the crack. One of the orcs that was shot by an arrow, fell into the cave. Thorin reached down, and plucked out the arrow, and examined its make.

"Elves." Thorin spat out.
There was a pathway at the end of the cave, leading away.

“I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or no?” Dwalin asked.

“Follow it, of course!” Bofur exclaimed

“I think that would be wise.” Gandalf agreed
The Company began to follow the path. It was quite narrow, and it was a crack between two tall cliffs. At times, the dwarves have difficulty going through. The pathway eventually opened out into an open area; there is a valley below, and in that valley is the city of Rivendell.

“The Valley of Imraldis. In the Common Tongue, it’s known by a another name.” Gandalf said, before he turned to Bilbo.
“Rivendell.”