Status: Thank you for taking the time to read this story! Please subscribe, recommend, and please leave constructive feedback, for it is greatly appreciated

Thorin's Long Lost Daughter

Rock Giants and Goblins

A mere few hours later,we were hiking along the path, away from Rivendell.

“Be on your guard; we’re about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on.” Thorin ordered.

“Aye.” Balin agreed. Kili and I were walking behind Bilbo, and I watched as he turned around, and he looked back at Rivendell, longingly

“Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up.” Thorin called. Bilbo cast one last gaze at Rivendell, before he turned around, and continued to follow Thorin.

We hiked through the wilderness of Middle-Earth, over ranges, mountains, and plains. We crossed the Misty Mountains, and the trail was narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side, and a sheer drop on the other. I walked in front of Kili, and he kept a firm grasp on my arm, to prevent me from falling, which I had almost done a few times. There was a fierce storm in the air, with lightning, and rain all around us

“Hold on!” Thorin shouted. I looked ahead, and as Bilbo walked, the stone beneath his feet gave way, and he almost fell into the chasm; but Dwalin managed to pull him back up in time.

“We must find shelter!” Thorin shouted, as he tried to shout over the storm.

“Watch out!” Dwalin cried, and we all looked up, to see a massive boulder hurtling through the air; it hit the mountainside above them, which caused rocks to fall all around us. We had to press ourselves up against the mountain, for protection.

“This is no thunderstorm; it’s a thunder battle! Look!” Balin called, and a stone giant reared up from a nearby mountain; it ripped off a massive boulder from the top of the mountain.

“Well bless me, the legends are true. Giants; Stone Giants!” Bofur exclaimed.

“What’s happening?” Kili asked.

The first giant threw the boulder far in the air; another stone giant appeared from behind us, and it was hit in the head. I heard all of the other dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath our feet began to give way from all the vibrations and from the impact of the falling rocks. The ground between some of the Company members split; and part of the group is on one side, and part on the other. I felt my arm slipping out of Kili's grasp, and I struggled to hold on, but the ground beneath us split, and I nearly fell off the edge, if Fili hadn't grabbed me before I did.

As the two stone giants fought with their fists, we all held on tight as we were flung around. We managed to jump to a different spot. A third stone giant appeared, and it threw a boulder at the head of one of the first two. That one fell over; as we watches, it appeared to us that the other group of the Company had been smashed to bits. The hurt stone giant lost its footing and fell down into the dark chasm.

“No! No! Kili!” Thorin shouted.

"Kili!" I nearly screamed, and I daintily ran along the jagged edge, to find that they were all safe. My hand flew to my mouth, and I ran over to the rest of the Company, and when I reached Kili, I almost threw my arms around him, thankful that he was alright.

"A right good scare you just gave me..." I nearly cried, and Kili collected me in his arms.

"Shh...love...I'm fine...and so is everyone else..." He said, as he kissed the top of my head, and I reached down, and pulled him up

“We’re all right! We’re alive!” Balin exclaimed.

“Where’s Bilbo? Where’s the Hobbit?” Bofur asked.

“There!” Ori shouted

Bilbo was hanging onto the edge of the cliff with just his fingertips. Ori dived onto the ground and tried to grab Bilbo’s arm, but Bilbo slipped and fell another few feet before he caught another handhold. The other dwarves tried to pull him up unsuccessfully, Thorin swung down on the cliff next to Bilbo and boosted him up, where the others pull him to safety. Dwalin tried to lift Thorin back up too, but Thorin lost his grip and began to fall as well.

"Daddy!" I cried, and I tried to go for him, but Kili grabbed my arms, and he tried to hold me back.

"No Evelyn!" But, I shoved him off, and knelt forward, and I held my hand out.

"Grab my hand!"

"No Evelyn! I'll bring you down with me!" Thorin shouted back.

"Trust me!" Thorin tried to grab my hand, but he slipped even further down.

"NO!" I nearly screamed, as I tried to reach even further down to reach him, but he was too far down, for me to reach him.

"Move." I ordered, and everyone was confused at my sudden order.

"Back up!" I shouted, and this time they did what I asked, and I pressed my back against the rocks.

"No, Evelyn!" Kili shouted, as he tried to go for me, but Balin restrained him. After, taking a deep breath, I leaped from the edge, to the other side of the rocks, and I pushed my feet out, and when my feet hit the wall, my body changed. My human body no longer existed, and I had changed into an eagle, and I flew towards the ground, at the bottom of the seemingly, bottomless pit. Thorin couldn't keep his grip on the rocks, and when he tried to pull himself up, but his fingers slipped from the rocks, and he fell.

"Thorin!" Fili shouted, and they all peered over the edge. Thorin had fallen onto my back, and he looked unsteady. Kili, and the rest of the Dwarves let out a shaky laugh, as I flew back up with Thorin. After Thorin had climbed off me, I changed into a small ladybug, and I landed on the ledge, and I changed back into myself. My face had several cuts on it, but I didn't care. After, we went off in search of a cave. A few minutes later, we found one.

“It looks safe enough.” Dwalin said.

“Search to the back; caves in mountains are seldom unoccupied.” Thorin ordered, and Dwalin searched the cave with a lantern,

“There’s nothing here.” He said, thankfully, and Gloin dropped a bundle of wood on the floor and rubbed his hands.

“Right then! Let’s get a fire started.” He said, happily.

“No, No fires, not in this place. Get some sleep. We start at first light.” My father said, solemnly.

“We were to wait in the mountains until Gandalf joined us. That was the plan.” Balin said, a bit defensively.

“Plans change. Bofur, take the first watch.” Thorin said, firmly. Only then, did I realize how tired I was. We all spread our selves out, but we kept a good distance close to each other. My head was on Kili's stomach, and his deep breathing lulled me to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside, in the valleys before the Misty Mountains, the White Warg sniffed the ground; Azog was on its back. He spoke in the Black Speech.

"The scent is fresh! They have taken the mountain pass." Azog said, finally, as he and the rest of the Warg Scouts raced off after the Company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Point of view

_____________________________________________________
The Company was resting in the cave; all the dwarves were asleep. Bilbo, only pretending to be asleep, stealthily opened his eyes and looked around. Seeing that no one is watching, he quietly rolled up his blankets and packed his things. He grabbed his walking stick, and he started to leave the cave, as he tiptoed over the sleeping dwarves. Bofur, who was standing watch, saw Bilbo as he tried to leave. He jumped up and tried to stop him. They whispered so as not to wake the others.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Bofur asked.

“Back to Rivendell.” Bilbo answered

“No, no, you can’t turn back now, you’re part of the Company. You’re one of us.” Bofur said, as he tried to reason with the Hobbit.

“I’m not though, am I? Thorin said I should never have come, and he was right. I’m not a Took, I’m a Baggins, I don’t know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door.” Bilbo retorted. Unknown to Bilbo and Bofur, Thorin was awake, and he stared thoughtfully at the wall, as he listened.

“You’re homesick; I understand.” Bofur tried again.

“No, you don’t, you don’t understand! None of you do - you’re dwarves. You used to - to this life, to living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere.” Bilbo snapped, harshly, Bofur looked offended, and Bilbo realized what he had said,

“I am sorry, I didn’t...” Bilbo tried to apologize, as Thorin listened on.

“No, you’re right. We don’t belong anywhere. I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do." Bofur said, as he glanced over at the sleeping Company. Bofur smiled, and he placed his hand on Bilbo's shoulder.

"I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do." Bofur said, genuinely. Bilbo gave him a feeble smile, before he turned to walk away.

“What’s that?” Bofur asked.

Something was glowing; Bilbo pulled his sword partway out of its sheath and saw that it was growing bright blue, which meant that either Goblins or Orcs were nearby. Thorin raised his head as he heard strange machinery noises and saw cracks form in the sand on the floor of the cave.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Evelyn's point of view.
________________________________________________
“Wake up. Wake up!” I heard my father yell, and before anyone could react,the floor of the cave collapsed downwards; the floor was really a giant trap door. We fell down a chute, and we slid through a tunnel, and lands in a giant wooden cage. As I struggled to get up, a horde of goblins attacked us,and they stripped us of our weapons, before they dragged us all away. The goblin horde brought us through a vast network of tunnels and wooden bridges to the throne room and platform of the Great Goblin. The Great Goblin was a massive Goblin sitting on a throne, holding a mace topped with a skull. He was far larger than any other goblin, and he was incredibly ugly, with warts all over his swinging chin. Our weapons were piled together. The Great Goblin jumped off his throne, as he trampled several goblins, and approached us.

“Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?” The Great Goblin demanded.

“Dwarves, Your Malevolence.” A Goblin named Grinnah replied.

“Dwarves?” The Great Goblin asked.

“We found them on the front porch.” Grinnah sneered.

“Well, don’t just stand there; search them! Every crack, every crevice.” The Great Goblin ordered, and they searched us, and they threw whatever that they found away.

“What are you doing in these parts? Speak!” The Great Goblin demanded, but none of us responded.

“Well then, if they will not talk, we’ll make them squawk! Bring out the Mangler! Bring out the Bone Breaker! Start with the youngest..." He boomed, before his eye's turned to me.

"Scratch that thought. Let's start with the girl shall we, after all, it is ladies first..." With that, 2 goblins grabbed my arms, and they started to drag me forward.

"No! Evelyn!" Thorin shouted, as he tried to go for me, but the Goblins kept him at bay.
The two Goblins dragged me forward, and they dropped me in front of the Goblin King.

"Oh look, who we have here. A Shadowhunter..." Then his eyes flickered to the birthmark on my wrist.

"Well...well...It appears that we have a Dragon Warrior in our presence as well...Legend has it, if we burn the birthmark off, a dragon will take the place of the birthmark., and the Warriror whom the dragon had come from...Shall we test that?" As if on cue, a Goblin brought a flaming torch forth, and gave it to the Goblin King. He took it in his giant hand, and he walked towards me, and I kept struggling against the 2 Goblins that restrained me, the Goblin King grew closer and closer, until the torch was millimeters from my skin.

“Wait.” Thorin called out, and the Goblin Kings hand froze, to look at Thorin.

“Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain.” The Great Goblin said, as he bowed exaggeratedly to Thorin.

“Oh, but I’m forgetting, you don’t have a mountain. And you’re not a king. Which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A Pale Orc astride a White Warg.” He said, as Thorin looked up in disbelief, and surprise.

“Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago.” Thorin said, asure of himself.

“So you think his defiling days are done, do you?” The Great Goblin laughed, before he turned to a tiny goblin who was sitting in a basket, and he held a slate.

“Send word to the Pale Orc; tell him I have found his prize.” He instructed, as the tiny goblin wrote down the message on his slate; as he cackled, he then pulled a lever, which caused his basket to slide down a system of ropes and pulleys into the darkness.

"No! Daddy!" I screamed out, then I clamped my mouth shut, when I realized what I had done. The Goblin King turned back around to face me, a evil smirk had crossed his lips. "Oh, my horrible mistake, Princess Aiyana...my 'deepest' apologies..." he said, sarcastically, with a mock bow.

"Princess...? Princess of what?"

"Why, didn't your father ever tell you, about the Shadow Runners?" The Goblin King asked, with fake horror in his voice, and I stopped struggling for a moment.

" I know of them, but Thorin never said anything by it..." I said, acid slowly leaking into my voice. Shadow Runners were apparently vicious hunters, but they were extremely loyal to their kin, and those who help them; but because of the fact that they were vicious hunters, they were shunned, and they went from the most respected race, to the most hated. Dwarves and Goblins had destroyed the last remains of that race; but mostly Goblins and Orcs...

In truth, Dwarves hated Shadow Runners.

In truth, I was my 'fathers' enemy.

I was Kili's enemy.

This journey just got a lot more complicated.