Status: Thank you for taking the time to read this story! Please subscribe, recommend, and please leave constructive feedback, for it is greatly appreciated

Thorin's Long Lost Daughter

Welcome to the Company of Thorin Oakenshield

The next morning, Bilbo awoke in his own bed, and he suddenly realized that his house was very quiet. He stood up, and he walked all around his house, and he expected to run into the dwarves. Gandalf. Evelyn maybe, but no one was there. The entire house had been cleaned up, completely from the mess of the party last night, as if it had never happened in the first place

“Hello?“ Bilbo called out, tentatively, and he looked a bit lonesome, and he saw the Contract, sitting on a table. He looked at it, before looking up with a look of determination on his face
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilbo ran out the door of Bag End, and down the path, and he wore a travelling pack, and in his hand, he clutched the contract. He ran through Hobbiton, and he jumped over fences, and pumpkins that were in his way. He ignored his neighbors, who shook their heads at him.

“Hey! Mr. Bilbo! Where are you off to?” One of his neighbors shouted to him.

“Can’t stop, I’m already late!” Bilbo shouted back.

“Late for what?” His neighbor replied, confused at Bilbo's behaviour.

“I’m going on an adventure!” Bilbo shouted, happily.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dwarves were riding their ponies,Gandalf, and Evelyn their horses, down a path through a wooded area. A few words of their conversation caught Evelyn's attention, including “waste of time” and “use a hobbit”. Just then, Evelyn's ear pricked up. She could hear the sound of someone running behind them. The corners of her lips pulled up into a smile, and she brought her horse Nektosha over to the side, and she turned her around, just in time for her to see Bilbo run up from behind them.

"Wait! Wait!" He called.

"Woah!" Some Dwarves called, and they stopped their ponies. Bilbo caught up to them, and he handed Balin the contract.

“I signed it!” Bilbo said, breathlessly. Balin took the contract and inspected it with a pocket-glass, before he smiled at Bilbo.

“Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield.” Balin exclaimed,and the Dwarves cheered, even though Thorin didn't look very impressed.

“Give him a pony.” Thorin ordered. Bilbo looked up at him in shock.

“No, no, no, no, that--that won’t be necessary, thank you, but I--I’m sure I can keep up on foot. I-- I--I’ve done my fair share of walking holidays, you know. I even got as far as Frogmorton once--WAGH!” Bilbo exclaimed, before his speech was cut off short, as Kili and Fili rode alongside him, and they picked him up from behind, and they set him on a pony. Evelyn smiled, but she began to laugh, when she saw that Bilbo was now riding the pony, and he looked terrified. The pony neighed, and tossed its head, which seemed to make him extremely uncomfortable. Both Fili, and Kili turned their heads to see Evelyn, with a smile on her face. She turned to face the both of them, and her smile grew a little bit more. A thought came to her, and she turned Nektosha around, and she called up to Nori.

"Nori! I do believe you owe me something!" Just as, Oin called up to him as well.

"Come on, Nori, pay up. Go on!"
Nori tossed a sack of money to both Evelyn, and Oin, with that, sacks of money began to be passed between the Dwarves. Evelyn turned around, and she saw the two brothers riding alone, and so she pulled Nektosha to the side, to wait for Kili and Fili, to ride by her on their ponies, and when they did, she pulled Nektosha in between the two.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Oin cried, gleefully, and some of the dwarves laughed.

“What’s that about?” Bilbo asked, curiously.

“Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you’d turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn’t.” Gandalf explained to Bilbo.

“What did you think?” Bilbo asked, curiously

“Hmmm.” Gandalf said, before he caught a sack of money, that was tossed to him, and he put it in his bag

“My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second.” Gandalf said, smiling. Bilbo faintly smiled, before he sneezed loudly. Evelyn seemed to have jumped out of her skin, and Kili and Fili laughed.

"Not funny..." She said, as she tried to keep a straight face, but she ended up laughing with them

“Ohh. All this horse hair, I’m having a reaction.” Bilbo explained, and he began to search through his pockets. He looked up in shock.

“No, no, wait, wait, stop! Stop! We have to turn around.” Bilbo exclaimed, loudly. He had spoken so loudly, and Nektosha reared in fright, and she bucked Evelyn off of her saddle and she neighed in fright. Both Fili, and Gandalf grabbed Nektosha's reins, to keep her from bolting. Kili hopped off of his pony, and he knelt down next to Evelyn.

"You alright, Evelyn?"

"Yeah, I'm fine...I don't understand why Nektosha did that. She never...does that to me. Ever." Evelyn said, shakily as Kili took her hand, and he helped her off her feet, and she brushed the dirt and grass off of her cloak.

"Thank you..."

Fili, and Gandalf handed her Nektosha's reins, but Nektosha seemed a bit hesitant to go near Evelyn, so she began to softly hum a tune for Nektosha, and she stopped rearing, and she calmed down, and she let Evelyn climb up onto her saddle.

“What on earth is the matter, and what was worth having Evelyn bucked off by her own horse?"

“I forgot my handkerchief.” Bilbo said, guiltily.
Evelyn softly laughed, and she rolled her eyes, and tore a strip of her cloak, and she tossed it to Bilbo.

“Here! Use this.” She called to him, and Bilbo caught the strip of clothing, and he had a faint look of disgust on his face. Everyone, but Bilbo laughed, and they continued on their journey.

“Move on.” Thorin ordered.

“You’ll have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey’s end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire, but home is now behind you; the world is ahead.” Gandalf said, to a skeptical Bilbo.