Status: Thank you for taking the time to read this story! Please subscribe, recommend, and please leave constructive feedback, for it is greatly appreciated

Thorin's Long Lost Daughter

Radagast

Evelyn's Point of View

We rode our ponies through a muddy forest as it rained. We were all cold, wet, and miserable.
“Here, Mr. Gandalf, can’t you do something about this deluge?” Dori complained.

“It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard.” Gandalf replied.

“Are there any?” Bilbo asked.

“What?”

“Other wizards?”

“There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the White. Then there are the two Blue Wizards; you know, I’ve quite forgotten their names.”

“And who is the fifth?”

“Well, that would be Radagast, the Brown.”

“Is he a great Wizard or is he...more like you?” Bilbo asked, and Gandalf looked slightly offended.

“I think he’s a very great wizard, in his own way. He’s a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always Evil will look to find a foothold in this world.” Gandalf said, defensively.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Point of View

Radagast ran through a forest. He examined a dying plant.

“Not good; not good at all.” Radagast mumbled to himself, worriedly.

As Radagast continued running, he could many dead animals lying around. Radagast plucked a mushroom and put it in his bag. He felt and tasted the sap of a tree which appeared to be infected; he grew more and more worried. He whistled, and his bird appeared. Radagast lifted his hat, and the bird and its mate landed in their nest, which was on Radagast’s head. Radagast gasped and he ran over to a hedgehog lying on the floor; it appeared to be dying, and he cradled it.

“Oh no! Sebastian! Good gracious.” He cried, and he ran through the forest, and he brought Sebastian to his home Rhosgobel. There, he attempted to cure the hedgehog using various medicinal and magical techniques, to no avail. The hedgehog’s family surrounded it.

“Move back! Give him some air, for goodness sake!” Radagast cried, as he continued with his treatments, but none of them worked, and the hedgehog began to writh in pain

“I don’t understand why it’s not working; it’s not as if it’s witchcraft...” He exclaimed, before a strange look came over his face, and he began to speak in a different, and deeper voice than before.

“Witchcraft. But it is. A dark and powerful magic.” As he heard a noise, he looked up to see several giant spiders
crawling up the side of his house. Radagast hurriedly braced his door shut with a bench. The hedgehog suddenly croaked, as he gasped for air, then suddenly expired. Radagast seemed to be about to cry; however, the house started creaking with the sound of the spiders crawling over the roof. Radagast ran over to his staff and pulled out the blue stone embedded at the top. As all the small rodents and other animals in his house began to flee, Radagast cradled Sebastian and whispered a spell, while he held the blue stone to the hedgehog’s muzzle.

“Lerya laman naiquentallo. Sí a hlare ómaquettar. Na coilerya en-vinyanta. Sí a hlare ómaquettar. Na coilerya en-vinyanta.” He chanted
*Free the animal from the curse. Now hear words of my voice. Be its life renewed*
The spiders began to break through the thatched roof. Radagast went into a trance-like state, and his spell grew more and more powerful, as darkness began to fall over the house. A black, inky shadow was slowly beginning to be extracted from the hedgehog and into the stone. Suddenly, the hedgehog gasped for air and he woke up, and light returned to the area; the spiders crawled off the house. Running outside, Radagast could see spider webs all around his house, and he could see the giant spiders crawling off into the forest.

"Where on this good earth did those foul creatures come from?” Radagast asked, dumbfounded, just as his bird flew over to him, and began to converse with him.

“The old fortress? Show me.” Radagast said, interested, as he rode through the forest on a sleigh pulled by several large rabbits. As he rode through the forest, it became dark and gloomy, covered in cobwebs. An old, ruined fortress lurked in the distance.