So You be You, and I'll Still be Happy.

one.

A calm show was the least I had expected from the 8123 tour. Maybe it was just the location I was at, the fans here in Austin, Texas aren't very wild; more so laid back and collected. It was nice being able to sit in the back of the venue, sipping a cool beverage while listening to good music.

My sister, Paulina, her boyfriend, Ben, and I all stood together behind the audience. Every band had so far played a perfect set. The Maine was up next and my heart was beating rapidly as anxiousness built up inside me- I was so ready to hear Forever Halloween live.

They all came out together, taking their place with their designated instruments.

"Helloooo, Austin!" John spoke into the microphone.

Claps and cheers came from the audience.

Garrett walked up to his mic.

"How do you guys handle the humidity and heat here? Damn!"

And everyone began to laugh.

"Alright, alright. Let's uh- let's play some tunes, yeah?" John ran his fingers through his hair before playing the chord progression of 'Happy' on the acoustic guitar, the other members cuing in as well.

Something about him looked very unusual, I noticed. I'd seen them a few times before, but never had he looked how he did that night. It was something about the burden buried deep in his eyes, the way his lips pursed and jaw clenched. It didn't help that the lyrics to every new song they performed had to be depressing. Something was up. I just didn't know what.

He, John, had caught me glancing at him a few times; every here and there I'd get a little half smirk, but it didn't cover up his morose facial expression.

While performing 'These Four Words', his fingers winced a little as his raspy voice sang the lyrics to the song. It was kind like it was, I don't know, painful for him to sing it. Obviously the song had a very strong meaning to him.

Beside the fact that John looked down and low through the concert like something was going through his mind, he managed to fake a smile- from what I paid closely attention to- and him and the rest of the boys played a perfect set.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but ya w/e