Academy

New Student

After I changed into the school uniform, I was called into Headmaster Conclave's office.

"Well, Ivanka it seems that you have a reputation to uphold here at the Academy...your mother, father, and brother went to this school.They all were known because of their abilities and to get to Class 5 by the end of their high school years."

She seemed really anxious while speaking.

I replied calmly, "Please call me Ivy. Also, I honestly don't know how I'm going to keep up with that reputation with my...problem. Wait, did you just say Class 5?"

"I have arranged for you to have non-power classes, while taking some other classes that might help you hone what gift you might have. Ah, yes Classes: Classes are ranged from 1-5, Class 1 abilities being the weakest, and Class 5 being the strongest. There is an extra Class, which is Class X. Class X is the most powerful class, but is absolutely rare. I have honestly never had a student with that rank yet, so I don't know much about it...Anyways, here's your schedule. The map that I've given you will light up a path to follow to your classes. Thank you, Ms. Romanov... Oh, one last thing you may go to the gym and watch the ranking of the students if you like."

As I left her office, I decided to roam around the campus to find my classes. As I was walking to my dorm I bumped into someone.

"Hey...what the hell?!"
As I looked at the person, my jaw dropped ...it was like looking into a mirror. My lookalike all of a sudden transformed into a girl with long chocolate brown hair, and light brown eyes...she started to giggle.

"I got you! Hahaha that works everytime! My name's Alina. What's yours?"

I replied in a cautious tone. "I'm Ivy..."

Her light brown eyes lit up with excitement, "You're not from America are you?! You don't look American either, no offense....and you're accent is really cool." She beamed.

I replied, looking at this bubbly girl, "I'm from Russia, they don't have an Academy like this there...So, I travelled all the way here."

"That's so cool. Well, let me see your paper to see what room you're staying in..." I could tell by the way she smiled, that she was my roommate.

She had to run off to the opening ceremony, and left me alone to unpack my bags that were already in my room. As I looked around the room, I noticed that Alina was the captain of the school's cheerleading team. She was really nice for a cheerleader...as I was looking around Alina walked in the room...

"Those are old awards they don't matter, but I totally forgot to ask you something Ivy! What are your powers and rank? I'm a class 5, only because when I transform into someone I can mimic their powers and anything about them as well."

"That's a really useful power...Honestly, I don't know if I have powers..." I have no idea why I said that, but I felt I could trust her. She walked over to my bed and sat down.

"I wouldn't go around saying that because there are cruel people in this school that bully people who are late bloomers...since you're not even from America, that makes it twice as hard...don't worry I will look after you!" She had a huge grin on her face.

I jokingly replied, "Well, I actually found a nice and genuine cheerleader...is the world ending? Hahaha"

She giggled and replied, "Well, my Grandmother always told me, you get more with honey then you do with vinegar. Plus, I want to break the stereotype...I just like being nice actually. Not to be mean though, but we are going to have to SERIOUSLY work on your pronunciations with English."

"Haha." I replied sarcastically.

She walked with me to my first class...I could hear people get excited and yell for Alina as we walked by and people ask her about me. She would happily reply,
"Ivy is a new student from Russia and she's my friend."

As I walked into gym, she turned and walked into her class. I sat down as the gym teacher started to speak.
"I am Coach Corso and I'm going to be laying down a few rules." He boomed loudly.
He continued on: "First and foremost...No powers WHAT SO EVER. Or I will have you out of this class so fast." There were a bunch of groans...I had a huge sigh of relief.

"This is physical education not a class to use powers, except on days we go to the battle room on Friday's. You get to spin the wheel to see if you can use your powers or not. Do I make myself clear?!" Everyone said, "Yes, sir!"

After the long introduction was over he called roll. The order was strange...

"Samantha Greene"
"Here"
"Dean Rivers"
He didn't respond..
"Dean!"
"Yeah, yeah...I'm here."
I looked at him...I couldn't help, but stare at him.
He was tall and looked really muscular and he had a bad boy look about him, with bright grey eyes. He noticed that I was studying him and winked at me, but I look at him as if he didn't effect me at all. I could tell even though he was attractive and a bad boy that he was going to get on my nerves.
Coach called the rest of the names and finally came to mine..

"Ivanka Romanov" His reaction to my name told me he knew who my family was.

I tried to reply without my accent, but I failed. "Present. Please call me Ivy."
I felt everyone's eyes on me. I could feel Dean's presence the most. Then we continued on in class. I knew that I stuck out ...
After class, Dean approached me.
"So, I noticed that you were new here..."

I cut him off before he could finish and unbelievably I made it understandable.
"Okay, I'm going to tell you this right now...I'm not going to fall for any of your tricks or anything...even if you're super powerful or your rank is high, I don't care. This may work with other girls, but it won't work with me...so, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go practice on the piano...Goodbye."

His face had mixed emotions...he looked annoyed because I told him off, but then looked somewhat happy?

As I got to the music room and sat down, Alina came in.

"I heard you told off Dean Rivers today...he told me about it actually. Hehe that never happens to him..."

As I was playing, I replied to her: "Why would he tell you that?"

"Because...he's my big brother."