There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left to Say

“That’s great Toni, now, give me a big smile!” I gave the camera man a big smile as I put my hands on the hips.
My life took a huge 180 after college.
I was in Italy the summer after college. I had some money saved since I had a scholarship and I worked over the summer. Anyway, while I was there a modeling agent approached me and gave me his card. After months of researching and some guidance from me family I went for it. Now, I’m a Victoria Secret Angle. I don’t plan of being a model forever, but for now its fun. I travel a lot, meet new people, and it’s pretty cool seeing my face on ads and commercials.
“Great Toni, we’re done for today,” Frank, the organizer, said.
“Sounds good,” I said walking off the platform I was on. I grabbed my rode, since I was just in underwear, and walked over to Frank. “When do you need me again?”
“I’m not sure right now; I’ll have Susanne call you.”
“Okay, see you then.” I quickly headed to the dressing rooms and changed into my clothes. I had a man to meet.
Jake and I ended things pretty open-ended. I left a voicemail saying it was over but he never got back to me. I’ve managed to move on, thanks to Liam. We had a thing for a good while, in college, but we ended it. We were better off as friends.
Janet and I lived together in New York for the longest time. She was a cowboy’s cheerleader, cheering on her fiancé, Joel. I go to their games whenever I can.
Two years ago I went to a game; the Ravens vs. the Cowboys and met Antonio. We’ve been dating ever since.
I arrived at the train station just before noon and I was home roughly three hours later.
“There she is!” Antonio said smiling at me as I walked inside.
“Hey,” I said hurrying over to him. We embraced each other before giving each other a quick peck on the lips.
“How was your day?” he asked taking my handbag.
“Long,” I sighed as I walked into the kitchen. “How was you’re day off?”
“Relaxing but I missed you. Wine?”
“Yes, please. And now you know how I feel,” I said smiling at him.
“I was hopping to get tomorrow off but we have a new teammate and he has to learn the plays and everything else.”
“Who?” I asked as we headed into the living room with our drinks.
Antonio took a slip of his beer before answering, “Jake West.”
“Small world…” I muttered as I took a sip of wine. “He got traded?” I asked as we sat down.
“Yeah, you know him?”
“Dated him…” I said smiling at Antonio sweetly.
He made a face and took a slip of beer. I kissed him and giggled. “It was my freshman year of college and it was really short. You are my everything, now, that’s all that matters.”
“Damn right!” he said before kissing me a little longer this time. I smiled before pulling away and resting my head on his shoulder.
“I made reservations for Charleston for tonight,” Antonio said breaking the silence.
“Oh shit,” I said looking up at him. Charleston is pretty fancy. “What’s the occasion?”
“My lady,” he said simply and smiled at me.
“Aw shit,” I said kissing him again. “Be careful with what you say, I can feel my clothes falling off.”
Antonio’s smile turned into a sexy little smirk. “At yesterday’s practice we had a scrimmage and I caught the ball at the end zone.”
“You know just what to say to turn me on,” I said before kissing him again.
*********

Close to seven Antonio and I left for Charleston.
We sat by the window and had a lovely dinner. We talked about everything and nothing. That’s what I love about Antonio; I can tell him anything. He’s so easy to talk to and he cares about what I say.
“Do you know how beautiful you look?” he asked as he gave our waitress his card.
I smiled at him as another waiter came and gave us both champagne glasses. I gave Antonio a look as I turned to the waiter. “We didn’t-” I was cut off because I saw Antonio slid out of his seat and down on one knee. I look at the champagne glass and see a ring resting on the bottom of it.
My eyes grow wide and I look at Antonio who’s smiling at me.
“Toni, from day one I knew I had to be with you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Would you do me the honor of making me the happiest guy in the world by becoming my wife?”
I started to tear up a little. I hadn’t realized that I had sunken in my seat. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us, but it just felt like Antonio and I. A small smile formed on my lips and he grinned at me, already knowing my answer.
He stood up and hugged me and I hugged him back. I kissed him and everyone clapped.
“Are you going to say yes?” he asked jokingly.
“Yes!” I yelled and everyone laughed and clapped some more.