There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left To Say Chapter 5

“Alright! I think that’s the last of them,” I said sealing the last wedding invitation envelope. Antonito wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.
“Nervous yet?” he asked.
“No…Just really excited to spend the rest of my lift driving you crazy,” I joked turning around to face him.
He chuckled and kissed me, “Alright let’s get these to the post office before they close.” Antonito lifted up the box full of invitations and headed into the living room. I grabbed my jacket and followed behind him.
“Don’t forget we’re going to New York on Saturday,” I said while I opened the front door for him.
“For the wedding cake right?”
“Yes, for the wedding cake and on Friday the girls and I will be going wedding dress shopping,” I locked the door and followed Antonito to the car. I opened the trunk for him and watched him lower the box inside.
“You and the girls?” he asked giving me a weird look.
“Yes, Janet and Liam,” I said smiling.
“That makes more sense,” he said getting into the car. I laughed and got into the passenger seat. “Why is Liam going anyway?”
“Well, he’s one of my best friends and he wanted to go and I need someone to tell me how hot I look,” I said with a little smile on my face.
“There’s the real reason. Babe, you’ll look hot wearing a plastic bag you don’t need Liam there”.
“I know that I don’t need him there but I want him there. He’s a good friend and he’s kinda excited to tag along”.
“Fine…” Antonito sighed. He knew that Liam and I hooked up way back when and has always been a little on guard when he’s around.
He pulled into the post office and we dropped off our inventions. Afterwards we went out to dinner and did some shopping with Antonio’s credit card.
Once we got home we got ready for the following day. I had a photoshoot and he had practice.
******
“Okay, what about this one?” I asked stepping onto the pedestal in the dressing room. I stood in front of the huge mirrors as Liam and Janet came to my sides.
“You’re a model please don’t just stand there, jeez, humor me,” Liam bitched as he spilled his third glass of wine. “Or you could set me up with a super model”.
I rolled my eyes as Janet laughed. “I think you look beautiful. But I liked the first one better”. The first one was this beautiful off white, sleeveless formfitting dress with a little train at the end.
“Yes the first one was amazing but out of my price range. Antonio and I are trying to stick to a strict budget.”
“I don’t see why you’re a freaking model and he’s a football player,” Liam said.
“Bills and student loans plus a mortgage aren’t cheap my friend,” I explained.
“I’ll give you the extra hundred,” Janet said handing me the first dress.
“That’s the wine talking…”
“No! You look amazing in it therefore you have to wear it”.
“You brought me here to tell you want you look amazing in. You look amazing in that dress,” Liam said purring himself more wine.
“Fine,” I said taking the first dress from her. “I’ll put it on again”.
I quickly took off the dress I was wearing and put on the first one again. I came out of the dressing room with a little model strut for Liam’s sake.
“Yes girl! Work it girl!” he said as I stepped onto the pedestal one more time.
Janet and I laughed as I posed in front of the mirror. “Okay you’re right this is the dress. Now, vail or no vail?”
“No vail” Janet and I said together.
“Wow, haven’t heard that freaky twin thing since college,” Liam said.
I smiled. “My hair should defiantly be up though…right?” I said pulling it into a ponytail.
“Yes, a ponytail, an elegant but slightly messy ponytail,” Janet said.
“How are you making out?” the sales woman asked us.
“We found the one!” Janet exclaimed.
“You do you beautiful,” she said as I turned around for her.
I smiled. “Thank you. I’ll meet you at the front with it.”
“Perfect,” the woman said smiling before she walked away.
“Alright so bride’s maids’ dresses! What do you have in mind?” Janet asked.
“Well you are my only brides maid so it’s totally up to you, just don’t out shine me…bitch,” I said smiling.
“Am I really you’re only one?”
“Well yeah…unless…” we both looked at Liam and smiled.
“There’s no way in hell...unless-”
“Forget about the supermodels!” I said stepping off of the pedestal. “I’ll be right back, let’s pay for this dress and sober up Liam”.
“Deal,” Janet said taking the wine away from him as he poured his fifth glass.
******
“Hey babe!” Antonito said as he walked over to my car. Practice ended late for him and I being the loving girlfriend… I mean fiancé waited for him the parking lot. We embraced and he kissed me before squeezing me tightly. “We were playing a little flag football you could have joined”.
“I just got here, plus I don’t want to see Jake,” I said before kissing him again.
“Well we’re all going to the bar, you wanna come?”
“Why not,” I said taking Antonito’s hand as the rest of the team started to greet me.
Once at the bar, Travis brought the first round for us and we all had a grand time playing pool and talking about my wedding dress.
After a while I deiced to sit back and let the boys get drunk and loud while I tried to sober up a little since I’ll be driving and Antonito and I had a busy day tomorrow. I closed my eyes for a little when I felt another person in my booth.
I opened my eyes and there was Jake.
I’m not drunk enough for this…