When Mama Met Papa

Chapter 4

Tuesday morning dawned bright and sunny. It looked like it might be a hot one too. After a shower and the first cup of life, I set about gathering my research for the book. Most of it I had to hand but some I needed and didn't have hard copies of yet. I started those printing while I went to get something for breakfast.

After securing that information, I put it into the binder I had for the current book and went to a few websites looking for some idea of what I might want to wear. He said comfortable shoes; that was no problem, I had those. In fact I had a very nice pair of cork sandals I loved for when I was on my feet a lot.

Dashing upstairs I decided that I would wear those shoes to find the new outfit. Because I was meeting Deb at her law firm, I knew I had to dress up to meet her and not look out of place. I found one of my skirts that I loved and laid it on the bed. I knew that if I wore something that plain, it was grey after all, I needed a hot color on top of it. I found a magenta top that was free and flowy. That's how I felt when I was talking to Tim so I chose it.

I dressed and got myself over to the law firm. I told the receptionist who I was looking for and she directed me to Deb's office. I let her assistant know who I was and Terrence grinned at me. "Oh I know who you are. I _love_ your work! Miss Deb is in a meeting with the big bosses right now but she should be back anytime." I sat down and said I'd wait outside her office. I felt it would be odd if I were inside and she didn't know.

15 minutes later Deb was coming down the hallway being followed by what looked like a trail of ducklings. I jotted a quick note down about what I saw, knowing that it would probably make it into some book. Busy professional being followed by interns as if she were the mama duck and they her ducklings. She got in front of Terrence and saw me. "That's enough for now. I'll be back tomorrow. I warned everyone I would only be here half a day today. Now my lunch date is here and it's time for me to go."

She dashed inside her office and grabbed her things. "Screw it. Terrence, set up the recorder and leave early. No reason either of us should be stuck here." He bowed and scraped at her from his desk and turned on the answering machine. She grinned. "I know, I know best boss ever."

We took my car to lunch. Not only would it be easier to load up with my clothes, Deb wouldn't be tempted to answer her phone and go back to work. We had Japanese, both because it was yummy and it was good for us. Then we hit the shops. Ok, so we hit 2 shops Macy’s and Nordstrom’s. In the process my credit cards went from empty to having about $1500 on them. I did end up finding a great outfit for this evening. Better yet I felt sexy in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, like with my other fics I have done up some outfits while writing. Here is the first where she goes to lunch with Deb.

I know, this is kind of short, but I didn't want to cram the date into this, it deserves it's own chapter.