Status: This is a new, edited version of the whole story. I recommend the original readers of this story to re-read since the beginning. The original general idea is still there, but there is a lot more detail, backstories and development.

My Eyes

Vegetarians

My mystery attacker had forcefully pinned me down and was holding my arms against my back. Even though his grasp was strong, his strength wasn’t nearly comparable to mine. I momentarily escaped from his grasp and rolled us, with me now on top of him. Using his surprise to my advantage, I swiftly faced him as I held my hands against his neck.

His eyes instantaneously took me aback. Instead of having the crimson red eyes us vampires are supposed to have, he had golden eyes.

"Back off!" I spat venomously. "Those humans are mine!"

He pushed me off of him and I swiftly lunged back at him, but he suddenly appeared behind me and kicked my back. I was able to grab his leg, which I almost missed, and threw him against the ground with so much force that his body created a slight dent on the ground.

He was faster and reacted with a speed I’ve never encountered before, but I was stronger than him. As I was about to hit him while he was still on the floor, he kicked me, harder this time, making me crash against a tree, causing it to plummet to the ground. I was about to go after him, when once again, I was pinned to the ground with my hands behind my back.

Seriously? Again?!

"No fair!" I struggled against the new vampire's hold, a lot sturdier than my first attacker.

"Hold her tight, Emmett, she's a pretty strong one," said my first attacker as he walked towards me.

"Goddammit, she really is. And that says a lot coming from me. But don’t worry, I have her," Emmett chuckled.

Cocky much? I thought as I held back from rolling my eyes.

I snarled at them trying to fight Emmett's hold on me. Two against one; things were not looking good in my favor. Then, a familiar blonde suddenly appeared holding my first attacker's arms behind his back.

"Now how does it feel when you're the one being surprised attacked? It took you long enough, Adam," I exclaimed.

“Hey, you’re the one who got ambushed in the first place,” he retorted.

Marilyn’s scary, passive-aggressive voice quickly shut us up, "What in the world is going on?” She scanned the situation at hand and calmly made her way towards us. “I have to say, I'm really not fond of the idea of my group being attacked."

"We're not looking for any trouble, but this one was hunting in our territory," replied Emmett.

"And my family and I would like this area to stay free of any vampire attacks," added the golden-eyed one.

"Family? How many are in your coven?" asked Marilyn.

"There’s five others," Emmett answered confidently.

"Oh, well in that case,” Marilyn responded, the aggressiveness in her voice turned down a few notches, “I'm sure if my sister would've known she wouldn't have interfered in your territory. I apologize for any disturbance we might have caused."

It was obvious to her the odds were against us if we decided to be stubborn about the situation.

"Now, would you mind letting my sister go? Adam here shall do the same."

My surprise attacker finally let me go, and I turned around to face him to give him some sort of snarky comment, but was caught off-guard when I noticed he also had golden eyes. I couldn't help but stare at him for a brief moment, taking in his features. He had dark brown hair, standing almost half a foot taller than me. His physique was a lot more bulky than his companion’s.

I broke my gaze when I noticed he was staring at me too, and joined Marilyn's side along with Adam, who was now glaring at Emmett.

"Now that there is no misunderstanding, we should be polite," Marilyn explained. "I'm Marilyn, the leader of my small group, and this is Adam and Julianna, who seems to ignore her sense of smell, not noticing the area's vampire occupants."

I rolled my eyes, which was quickly followed by her giving me a swift, stern look.

"I'm Edward and this is my brother, Emmett," he politely replied.

"Well, no wonder you have claimed such a vast area. Seven vampires in one coven, I've never met such a large group and certainly wouldn't want to be on it's bad side either," Marilyn continued.

"Yes, but it's not exactly what you're thinking. We're vegetarians and don't want any suspicion of our presence here from the human locals," Edward explained.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion, having no idea what he meant.

"Excuse me? Vegetarians, is that a joke?" I asked and Marilyn elbowed me slightly.

"Yes," Edwards chuckled. "We choose to feed on animals instead of humans. The term ‘vegetarians’ is a bit of an inside joke for us."

"But, how? How is that possible?" I questioned.

"Of course, it's not as satisfying but it gets the job done," Edward explained.

Vegetarians. I thought I had seen it all, but never something like this.

"You wouldn't mind if we meet this interesting family of yours?" Marilyn asked.

Edward seemed to ponder about it for a moment and finally replied, "A very quick stop wouldn't hurt," clearly emphasizing how he wanted us to leave soon.

I noticed Emmett kept giving me a few glances during the conversation and it was starting to irritate me. To make him uncomfortable, I met his stare and studied him. I raised my eyebrow and formed my lips into a smug smile. I thought it would intimidate him at least a bit, but he just flashed me a handsome smile until he looked away, focusing on the way we were headed. My forehead creased slightly, slightly confused of his reaction and concluded that he sure seemed be a curious character.

~*~
A huge, white, three-story house came into view as we followed the golden-eyed brothers. I've never really lived in a house, well at least I don't remember living in one. I've also never personally met any vampires that have settled in just one area for an extended period of time. Just the sporadic times we encounter other nomadic vampires, like my group and I, are my only experiences with my kind.

I tensed a bit when I noticed there were five other golden-eyed vampires waiting for us at the front entrance.

"We were expecting for you guys would bring company," the small, pixie-like woman announced.

"Obviously, you would have," answered Emmett in an almost teasing tone.

The blond man, who seemed to be the leader of the group, spoke up first, "Welcome to our home, I'm Doctor Carlisle Cullen. This is my wife, Esme," he held her tighter, as she smiled and said 'hello'.

"I'm Alice," the pixie girl said, "and this is my husband, Jasper." She gave a bright smile to the blonde with the serious demeanor. "And this is Emmett's wife, Rosalie," Alice finished, indicating towards the beautiful, statuesque blonde one, now standing beside Emmett.

Rosalie was so beautiful she was almost hard to look at. I mean vampires are impressive-looking creatures, so I've seen my fair share of beauty throughout the years, but Rosalie's was almost intimidating.

I heard a slight chuckle come from Edward. I couldn’t be sure, but it seemed that it was directed towards me.

"I have the ability of telepathy, Julianna, and some of your thoughts were amusing. I apologize if I’ve made you uncomfortable," Edward spoke out.

Well, that's pretty embarrassing.

"Telepathy?" inquired Marilyn, "Interesting. I haven't met that many vampires with other special abilities."

"Yes, I have many visions about the future and Jasper here, can control the emotions of those around him," Alice chimed in.

"This is a very talented family you have here, Carlisle. I'm thinking it was smart of us to stay on your good side," Marilyn noted.

Adam had been very quiet the whole time, looking more uncomfortable as the seconds passed by. It was clear he wanted to leave soon and put as much distance as possible between this powerful coven and us.

"Would you like to come in?" Esme asked, politely smiling.

"No, we're good," Adam spoke up abruptly.

Marilyn gave him a bit of a glare, most likely because Adam was being rude.

"We were just passing by, so we should be on our way. It's been a pleasure meeting such a unique family, but we should be going now."

And without waiting for any goodbyes, Marilyn took off with Adam and I following close behind. There wasn’t any time for pleasantries when Marilyn felt even the slightest notion of a threat.