Status: Current hiatus

Tell Peter Pan I'm a Liar

I Want A Lover I Don't Have To Love

Let me just start out by saying I'm a science nerd. There's no denying it, I just am. So, yes, I was actually pretty syked about the Science Fair. Mainly because I love science, but also a little but because I get the chance to work with new people.

However.. Things didn't go how I planned. Because right now, sitting next to my last name on the sheet that declares our partners, is Way.

Isn't that nice?

"Mr. Walker!" Both Gerard and I said. He glared at me, which I ignored.

"There's gotta be a mistake," Gerard continued. "I mean, you said you paired us with people that the personality test said we'd get along with, right?"

The personality test was this little thing we did in the beginning of the year that supposedly told us about ourselves. Um, as if.

"Yes, I did." Mr. Walker said.

"But," I spoke before Gerard could. "Gerard and I are not alike. I mean, we're not even the same gender!"

Mr. Walker chuckled. "I didn't say you had to be alike, I just said you have personalities that compliment each other." Then he turned serious again. "And anyway, it's my desicion. Case closed."

I sat and glowered.

"Now," he turned to the rest of the class. "You can have the rest of the hour to brainstorm with your partner. This will be the only time I will give you to work on it in class, though. Get to work."

I waited a minute, and then saw that Gerard was to busy texting under the table to notice me looking at him, so I walked over to his desk.

"Gerard?"

"Gerard!"

He looked up with a grin on his face, which soon disappeared when he saw me.

"What?"

Rolling my eyes at his irritated expression, I said, "We're supposed to be brainstorming."

"Oh. Well, I suck at science anyway." And with that, he went back to giggling on his phone.

"Oh, give me that!" I snatched his phone away and locked it.

"Bitch, I'm texting someone."

"Oh, yeah, I see that. And I really don't care. You can wait to do that. I'm not gonna get a shitty grade on this. You don't have to like me, but we have to work together."

"Fine. What do you wanna do it over?" Just looking at him, I kinda saw what Heidi was saying. He had nice eyes-

"Hello?" Oh. Crap.

"Um, I'm not sure. Just something simple, so we'll be able to to a thorough job."

We spent the next hour just discussing possibilities. He actually wasn't being too annoying, which was nice.

The bell rang sooner than I would have liked it too, since I wanted to know what we were gonna do by today. No such luck.

I gave him his phone back, which he promptly took before practically running out the door to shove his tongue down some blonde girls throat. I assumed that was the new girl.

Well, she moves fast.

***

Luckily, the day sped by so quickly I hadn't even realized it was time for lunch when the bell rang. As usual, though, Heidi was waiting for me by my locker.

"Hey girl," she said, linking arms with me. "I must say, you look better today then you did yesterday." I laughed as she winked at me.

I shrugged. "I'd say ditto, but you look just as fancy as always."

Heidi let out a loud laugh. "Well, yeah."

Heid really did look fancy all the time. Really, I'm surprised she doesn't try to change my pale skin and dark hair. We got along great though, despite her spray tans and blonde hair. The truth is, even though her appearance looked pretty artificial, she was the most genuine person I'd ever met.

We made small talk all the way to the cafeteria. I was instantly thankful Heidi was by my side, because I didn't think anyone would try to pull something with her there. While I was now the town skank, Heidi was still feared and admired. Yeah, she was a bitch, but that made people respect her.

After we got our trays, she lead me over to the small round table we'd taken to sitting at since the rest of our group shunned me. Have I mentioned I was thankful for Heidi?

"Yo, Bell?"

"Yup?" I said, not looking up from the salad I was scarfing down.

"You know that girl I told you about?"

"Mm-hm?"

"She's gonna be sitting with us today."

I shrugged. "Okay? Not a problem."

"..And she might bring a few people."

I looked up and narrowed my eyes. "Like who?"

"Uh.. Well, this is all just a guess, but probably-"

"Dude, did you invite Gerard Way to sit here?" You know that salad? It was about to come up.

"I mean, not really.."

Okay, now I was suspicious. "So, why did you feel the need to befriend this girl?" I think I know exactly why.

She picked at her food innocently.

I gasped. "No way! You like Gerard Way!"

"Dude! Lower your-"

About that time the thin blonde girl slid down with her tray in one arm, Gerard on the other. Who, I might add, have me an incredulous look.

"Hey Heidi," She said nicely. "Who's this?"

Never breaking eye contact with Gerard, I answered, "Oh, I'm Bella Fair. Nice to meet you." Finally, I tore my brown eyes from his hazel ones and stuck out my hand for her to shake.

She did, with that white smile still plastered on her face. "I'm Jade Meyer, nice to meet you, too."

And that was the last time I felt comfortable during lunch.

The rest of the time, I remained silent. Watching Heidi chat with Jade, and at the same time, try and flirt with Gerard. It was pretty funny, really. Mostly because Jade seemed totally oblivious my best friend was after her boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Gerard and I made awkward eye-contact through overly large bites. I think we were both relieved when the bell rang.

I hadn't had time to question Heidi before class like I wanted to. She probably knew what I was going to say, and didn't want to hear it. But, come on. You just don't scam on someone's boyfriend, no matter what.

"Hey, Heidi, can you stay for a-"

"Um.. No, sorry. I have some questions for my next class." She shrugged and grabbed her things. "See ya."

"Yeah, sure." I mumbled and started off in the other direction.
I walked down the halls with my head down, but that didn't really stop the social interaction I hoped to avoid.

"Hey, baby." Lance said, as he put his arm around my shoulders. "How's it goin'?"

Automatically, I shrugged off his arm.

"Get away from me." I half snarled.

"C'mon, baby. Don't be like that." He said with a look I'm sure he thought was adorable. He grabbed my arm on the spot I'd cut, and I let out a little gasp of pain. The not-yet healed slice quickly began to bead blood.

"What the-" Lance started, his eyes traveling to my covered wrist.

"Leave me alone." I said in a low voice, and jerked my hand away.

Great. Fucking great.

After half-running to the bathroom, I made sure it was empty before rolling up my sleeve and accessing the damage.

It wasn't too bad. The scab had just ripped off.

I stayed there, holding a paper towel to my arm for a few minutes. Then I looked in the mirror. Really, I didn't recognize myself.

My skin had always been olive-ish, but now it just seemed stark white. Especially in comparison to my black hair. My eyes were huge, and had dark bruise-like things under them.

Sighing, I rolled my sleeve back down, practiced a few smiles in the mirror, and continued my day.

***

I rushed to my locker when the final bell rang, eager to get home. What I saw wasn't exactly what I was expecting, though.

Gerard was standing there, holding a slip of paper in one hand with a bored expression on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I just thought since we're partners, it'd be helpful if you had my number."

I laughed. "Oh, so you do care about your grades?" Upon seeing the blush rise on his pale cheeks, I added. "I'll have to post it on my gossip blog."

Gerard rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Anyway, here."

"Thanks. I'll, uh, text you."

He nodded. "Good. Okay, well, see ya."

"Bye."

Then he walked away, and I was left standing there.

Shaking my head, I hurried to my car.

The sound of my phone ringing woke me from my daze, and I fumbled around the car console to grab it. It was my mom.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, baby!" She said way to perkily.

"What's goin on, mom?"

"Well, nothing really. Actually, the reason I called was because it would be really helpful if you could stay at Heidi's tonight. Is that okay?"

The fuck? "Um.. I'm sure it's fine. What's going on?"

She sighed. "Sweetie, I'll let you know when you get home, but tonight your father and I just need you out of the house."

"Oh.. Okay mom. Sure. I love you."

"I'm sorry, Bella. I love you, too."

I hung up and texted Heidi that I was coming over.

Great! She replied quickly.

I decided I didn't need to go home and get clothes, since we were the same size.

Instead, I pulled in to a little coffeehouse.

"Hey there." The guy at the counter said with a smile. "What can I get for you?"

I smiled back. He was cute, in an artsy way.

"Um.. A low fat hazelnut latte. Iced, please."

"Sure, and can I get a name?"

"Mm-hm. It's Bella."

"Awesome. Now how about a number?" He said with a wink.

"Hm.. Sorry, but maybe not." I giggled.

He shrugged, and sighed. "Fair enough. But next time you come in, ask for Dylan."

I smiled and nodded, then headed to booth to wait for my drink.

The room was filled with an overly loud laugh. I turned to see who it was, and automatically ducked down. God, please don't let them see me.

Of all the places, why did Gerard and Jade have to come here?

Slowly, I turned around again, only to find the almost violently making out. Literally. It looked like Gerard was trying to kill her.

Um, gross.

"Bella!" Came a friendly voice. "Your orders ready!"

I hurried over to get my order.

"Thanks, now how much to I owe you?"

Dylan smirked. "Don't worry about it. It's on the house."

I laughed. "Of course. Is this how you charm all the girls?"

He shrugged. "Only the pretty ones."

Giggling, I waved to him. "Bye, Dylan."

"Bye, Bell."

Making my way to the door, I locked eyes with Gerard. Who was still choking his girlfriend, by the way. Who kisses with open eyes?

He reached up to run his hand down Jade's back, and winked at me.

I gaped at him, and almost ran out of the place.

Shaking my head, I jumped in my car and sped off to Heidi's house.

You know, I really hope they get in trouble for PDA
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go. Now I'll just update for real!
Comment please, let me know what you like or what you hate. It's totally appreciated!

xoxo mm