‹ Prequel: Keep Holding On
Status: New sequel to Keep Holding On, I love comments on how I'm doing so don't be shy.

Keep Breathing My Angel

Fear

Angela woke up to someone moving from the bed. Opening her eyes she saw Daryl getting up, cold suddenly hitting her and making her shiver. Wishing nothing more than for him to be back in bed with her.

The two had stayed in the upstairs bedroom rather than returning to the others last night. Apparently they weren't missed dearly, because no one came to get them, or Daryl at least, for night watch.

"C'mon Angel, gotta go join the group." Daryl said softly after putting on the boots he discarded during the night.

"Right just to go running once again. We can never stay somewhere for more than one night." Angela said getting up and putting her boots on as well.

"Ya know we gotta keep movin' 'cause the herd of walkers is always movin'." Daryl stated annoyance slipping into his tone causing Angela to sigh as she got up and walked to him. She reached up and pressed her lips to his gently.

"I know, I'm just tired of not having somewhere safe and secure. I'm just tired." His hand cupped her cheek and he rested his head against hers.

"I know what'cha mean. C'mon." He said pulling away from her and leading the way downstairs. Once they entered the living room they found everyone was up and awaiting orders.

"Good you two are up." Rick said as he noticed the couple walking in. "We are going to keep moving today. Hopefully we can find another house or better yet some sort of apartment complex or something large to hold up in comfortably. I haven't noticed any walkers as of yet this morning, but it's only a matter of time before they catch up and I want to stay as far ahead of them as possible."

"Can we at least spend some time to eat something so we're not completely running on empty stomachs?" Angela questioned knowing they still had some food, though it wasn't very much. They hadn't had much time the day before to eat anything at all so they were all pretty starved. The only one to eat even a bite was Lori because of the child she was carrying.

"Hershel and Beth are outside warming enough food up to give us all a small bit to eat. Enough to tie us over for a little while at least." Rick answered. "Come on let's get packed."

Angela went and grabbed her small bag that had been abandoned by the couch last night after her quick escape upstairs. Daryl was hot on her heels since his bag was beside the couch as well, right next to Angela's. The two walked outside, Daryl was immediately called over by Rick leaving Angela to walk to the care by herself. The smell of the cooking food hit her nose and instead of being a welcoming smell to her starving self, made her feel sick, causing her to place a hand by her nose and hurry to the vehicle.

Once she placed her bag in the back of the car she walked to the side of it that put her further away from the food Beth and Hershel were kindly making for the group and took a few breaths of air as she clutched her stomach.

"Are you okay?" A soft voice asked. Angela looked over to see Carol standing by the car as well, wearing a look of concern on her face.

"Yeah I'm okay. I just got to feeling sick for a second. It's nothing though." Angela replied giving the woman a small smile.

"Your sure?"

"Yes, thank you though, but I'm fine really."

"Okay then, just let me know if you get to feeling sick again, or Hershel for that matter." Carol said she waited for Angela to agree before walking off.

Angela went into thought after Carol left. Lori came to mind for a moment, and fear crept up on her, but she pushed all thoughts away and merely claimed hunger was the cause of the nausea that had overcame her moments ago and nothing else.

The group kept jumping from building to building for the next several days. They never stayed anywhere for long, sometimes not even a night would go by before they were on the move. Rick had been right, it was only a matter of time before the walkers caught up, and they had.

The ones they ran into that made them leave their temporary safety weren't large groups and may not even be part of the herds closing in on them, but they couldn't take any chances. So they kept running.

Angela's nausea was becoming an issue for her, though she managed to keep it from the others for the most part. Carol constantly kept an eye on her since that first time she got sick, the morning after they found out they were all infected.

Nothing was going well in Angela's eyes. They didn't have a safe place to stay. Everyday was a day closer to Lori's due date, though that was a few months or so away. She had completely lost track of the days. She was hungry and tired. And worst of all one of her worst fears was starting to seem real and she just couldn't take it.

They needed to have a supply run that she could go on soon. She needed something very important from a store and she didn't know how long she could wait to get it. She didn't know if she could stand facing her fears in the dark. She needed answers and she needed them as soon as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long to get up. My document app that I type this and my other stories on wasn't allowing me to get to my stories or even into the folders themselves that the stories are saved in. Anyways sorry this is rather short and crappy, but I wanted something up since the app decided to work. I feel I made it obvious what the fear is, but oh well. I like the idea I have for this and I'm sticking with it. Thank you all for being so patient and just for reading my story in general. It means so much to me to see that this story has people who enjoy it enough to read, subscribe, recommend and comment. Thanks so much. Hopefully my app will work well from now on and the next chapter won't take so long to get up.

Since its almost 3 am now, goodnight everyone.