‹ Prequel: Keep Holding On
Status: New sequel to Keep Holding On, I love comments on how I'm doing so don't be shy.

Keep Breathing My Angel

More Worries

"Okay everyone listen up." Rick called out softly, but still with an air of authority that brought the eyes of everyone sitting in the dark living room of the house they were staying in to him. "We need to make a supply run, but it has to be quick. Carol how are we on food?" He questioned turning to look at the woman.

"We need to grab anything we can that's good. We're extremely low, if we're not careful then we will run out in the next couple of days, maybe sooner." She explained and Rick nodded.

"Alright so Maggie and Glenn you two will-"

"I want to go on the run as well." Angela spoke up from her spot between Daryl and Beth on one of the few couches. She noticed Rick's eyes glance to Daryl before speaking.

"Angela I don't think-" Again he was interrupted by the girl.

"Please Rick, I've been a lousy help here lately, ever since we left the farm, ever since I-I want to help out and I want to go on this supply run." Rick sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Alright fine. Maggie, Glenn, and Angela, you three will go to the store we passed just before stopping here. Gather what you can and be quick, try to find some food. As soon as you get back we'll sort through it and head out again." Rick stated doing his best to make sure that the three understood, but also to avoid Daryl's eyes knowing he wasn't happy about Angela going. "Alright that'll be first thing in the morning, so until then, everyone get some rest."

Daryl stood from the arm rest of the couch to go talk to T-Dog, who was standing at the door of the room, about who was taking first watch. Everyone else laid down or got in a comfortable position to try and get a nights rest.

Angela stood up from the couch and headed towards the door after checking to make sure she had her knife and gun on her. She gained both men's eyes as she neared them.

"The hell do you think you're goin'?" Daryl questioned. Angela shrugged slightly as she looked at him, trying hard to ignore the tone of his voice and the leveled stare he had on her.

"I gotta pee." She answered softly. Daryl let out a aggravated sigh.

"I'll take watch when we get back." He told T-Dog before heading towards the door of the house. The bathrooms were unfit for the group to use so they had no choice but go outside as they had for a while now. There were no luxuries in this new world.

Angela walked behind Daryl in silence until they came to the trees and bushes. He turned to her once he was sure it was safe.

"Don't take long." He simply stated before walking away to give her a bit of privacy, but still close enough that it would be easy for him to protect her if necessary. She ducked behind the bushes while undoing the button of her pants and taking care of the business she needed to as quickly as possible. That was until Daryl's voice called out.

"Don't like this plan of your's." he stated gruffly.

"Don't know what you mean." She responded a bit hesitantly.

"Goin' off without me tomorrow. Don't know why ya suddenly want to help out with runs, but it's dumb."

"I won't be alone Daryl. I'll have Glenn and Maggie with me, I'll be fine." Angela reassured as she fixed her jeans and left the bushes to walk towards the hick.

"Safer with me though." He argued while chewing on his thumb nail. Angela smiled lightly at him.

"I know, but I really want to go and help get supplies. We can get more stuff with three people. Please don't try to stop me, not this time."

"Fine, but don't let your guard down, not even for a second. Keep your knife out as well and-"

"I got it Daryl don't worry." She said with a laugh as she stopped his hand before he could begin to chew his nail again and reached up to kiss him. He kissed back but a frown was etched on his features after. He didn't like the fact that she'd be away from him at all, but he'd decided not to argue this time.

Morning seemed to come early for the group. Maggie and Glenn were already at the car, listening to instructions from Rick. Daryl pulled Angela aside before she could join them.

"Ya sure you wanna go?" He questioned one final time.

"Yes Daryl I do, I thought we covered this last night. You agreed to it." Angela said crossing her arms across her chest. She was tired of having this discussion.

"Angel, I just..." He trailed off and took a deep breath. Angela let out a sigh, unfolding her arms to take his hand in hers.

"I know, you don't have to say it. I'll be fine though and no suicide attempts, I promise." She looked at him expectingly. The nod of his head was answer enough and she smiled while placing a kiss on his cheek. "I'll be back before you know it." She assured leaving his side to join the other two. Rick placed a hand on her shoulder and told her to be careful before she climbed in the car an they headed off to the store.

The drive seemed to be shorter than Angela remembered, but that might have been because the last time they had been driving for hours and she was on the back of a motorcycle. This ride was rather relaxing compared to the other.

The three climbed out of the car cautiously and made their way to the store. The building was pretty boarded up, but some of the boards were beginning to fall. Probably where someone was trying to break in, but wasn't very successful at it. It didn't take Glenn very long to pry the doors open for the three to begin their shopping spree.

"Alright I say we split up. The store is mall enough that if we are in trouble we can call for help, but we don't have to be extremely loud if we can help it." Glenn said as he looked around. His two female companions were doing the same and Angela spotted a section that she wanted to look at while they were there.

"I agree with that plan. I can go that way, and one of you can take the other end while the other takes more of the middle section of the store." Angela spoke up pointing in the directions she was speaking of.

"Sounds good to me." Maggie replied

"Alright, don't take too long and grab whatever you think is necessary that we can use." Glenn affirmed and they all headed their separate ways.

Angela quickly and quietly made her way to the aisle she wanted and began her search for the item she desperately wanted. It took her a few moments of searching, with the occasional glance over her shoulder for any unwanted threat, until she found the desired product.

She walked the rest of the aisle to the back of the store, running her eyes along the shelves for anything useful she happened to spot so she could say she made some sort of an effort of she came back empty handed. Upon reaching the end of the aisle, she glanced down to where Glenn and Maggie were searching to see the faint glow of their flashlights occasionally flash against the back walls, but they were both in their own sections that they wouldn't notice her leave for a moment.

She quickly rushed to the doorway located on the back wall that wasn't too far away from her and carefully slipped into the restrooms. She shined her flashlight around the room, with her knife gripped firmly in her other hand, to make sure she was alone and that no walkers were around to take a bite out of her. When she was certain there was nothing she let her guard down slightly and fear crept up her spine.

She placed her knife on the counter as well as the flashlight and began to open the box with trembling hands. She couldn't wait till they left the store, knowing that Daryl would hardly let her leave his sights and that she didn't know when she would ever get the chance to be alone like this again.

When she got the box open, she read the instructions quickly and retreated to one of the cleaner stalls. She followed the instructions she had read and left the stall to begin her waiting.

Time seemed to go by slowly and she knew she should be out looking for supplies, but she stood hidden in the bathroom waiting for results she wasn't sure she'd like. She was sure Maggie and Glenn would come looking for her soon and be disappointed in her for not searching, but she couldn't wait to find out the answer she was afraid of receiving. She was afraid that she would put more stress on the group, on Daryl.

Daryl, what would he say of the results were what she thought they'd be? Would he be happy? Upset? What would Rick say as the leader of their group if she just gave them more reasons to worry?

Angela was trembling and fighting back tears when she finally decided that it was time to check the test she had taken. Swallowing hard, she picked up the flashlight and shined it on the test. Her tears escaped her with a quiet sob as she stared at the little pink plus confirming her worse fears in a world like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait! Also sorry that this chapter is not the best, but it does give you something to read. I haven't had the motivation to write here lately or what to write really (stupid writers block!) and I've been focusing more on drawing than writing. Thanks for being so patient. I have a confession though; I think I've gotten in a bit over my head with this story now. Yes she's pregnant, no I didn't write a sex scene (I never have and most likely never will since I have no interest to), but I tried to hint at it, because I thought her getting pregnant would add a bit to the story and cause some more drama. Only I know little to nothing about pregnancies or pregnancy tests so I have no idea how I'm going to continue with this, but I'll work something out. Thanks so much for reading and I apologize for this A/N was so long.