‹ Prequel: Keep Holding On
Status: New sequel to Keep Holding On, I love comments on how I'm doing so don't be shy.

Keep Breathing My Angel

Secret Revealed

Angela had slid to the floor as she cried. How was she supposed to tell Daryl? What would he say, think?

She could hear Maggie or Glenn accidentally dropping something inside the store and knew she had to get a hold on herself. Rising up off the floor, she stepped up to the counter and looked at her face in the mirror the best she could. She wiped furiously at her tears until they stopped and she looked halfway presentable.

She grabbed the flashlight from the counter, noticing the test that she had dropped. She picked it up and chucked it at the furthest wall, satisfaction coming from the sound of it making contact and being lost in the darkness, before turning to the door making a swift exit.

She wondered to her side of the store again, this time actually looking for supplies that would be useful for the group. She had come across very little and she was making her way down the last aisle. Turning the corner quicker than she should have, she ran into something, a squeak of surprise escaping her mouth.

"Angela, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run into you or scare you." It was Glenn, Maggie was right behind him with a small smile gracing her features at how Glenn was apologizing. Even though he had matured throughout the months they had known him, he still had his moments of being awkward and much like the kid he was when they met.

"It's okay Glenn. It's my fault, I came around the corner too fast and wasn't paying attention." She reassured him.

"Still sorry." He said before looking at what she had gathered. "Didn't find much?"

"No, unfortunately not." She said sadly with a shake of her head.

"We found some food and a few other essentials, but not much other than that."

"Most was either expired and bad or useless." Maggie added.

"A little is better than nothing." Angela said as they began to walk back to the car.

"Very true. Angela are you okay." Maggie asked when they had stepped outside where they could see each other without the aid of a flashlight.

"Yeah I'm fine Maggie, don't worry about me okay." She replied giving a small smile.

"Okay, if your sure." She said uncertainly.

"I am."

The three climbed in the car and a sickening feeling came to Angela. It wasn't like she would be physically sick, just that she dreaded what was going to happen when they returned and when she revealed her secret.

The drive back to the group seemed even shorter than the trip there and she mentally cursed that fact. She began to gather up the supplies just before they stopped, so they could finish getting things settled to move out.

Rick and Daryl were the first to come to the car and Angela's feeling of dread increased as she saw Daryl. She followed Maggie and Glenn's action of leaving the car and handed Glenn the basket of supplies to show Rick. Daryl signaled for her to follow him and the look on his face made her decide she'd wait to tell him and everyone. One more day wouldn't hurt right?

"Everything go okay?" He asked as they walked.

"Yeah, no walkers at all. Glenn scared me half to death, but I think I scared him too." Angela explained a small smile gracing her features as well as a light laugh escaping her lips.

"How did y'all scare each other?" He asked his gaze going behind his shoulder at Glenn briefly.

"We came around the corner at the same time and ran into each other. It's nothing to worry about Daryl, we're all okay."

"Sounds like ya let yer guard down Ang-"

"It was eerily quiet Daryl, it's very easy to get spooked, guard up or not." She said placing a hand on his arm and smiled up at him. "The point is we're all okay and had no troubles while on the run."

"Fine, guess your right." Daryl reluctantly agreed leaning down to place a quick kiss to the side of her head.

"Alright everyone let's head out." Rick called. Daryl and Angela headed back towards the vehicles and that's when a thought crossed her mind. Was riding a motorcycle dangerous for a woman who just found out she was pregnant? She didn't want to risk it.

She grabbed Daryl's arm and stopped him. Unease settled in the pit of her stomach knowing she had to tell him and couldn't wait. The group needed to know, he needed to know.

"Come on Angel, ain't got time to wait 'round."

"Daryl, I don't want to ride on the motorcycle this time." She said quietly, afraid to look him in the eyes.

"Why not? Angel we don't have time for this." Daryl responded getting irritated with her stalling.

"Get Carol or someone else to ride with you, I think it's better if I ride in the car Daryl. Safer."

"The hell are you goin' on 'bout?" Daryl questioned in a rather loud voice.

"I-I..." She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant." She let out as tears pricked her eyes. Daryl didn't respond and she finally gathered the courage to look him in the eyes. His face held shock, though that was expected, but she wanted him to say something to her.

"Daryl?"

"Are you sure." It wasn't Daryl that spoke but Rick. She must have said the news louder than she meant to, but she knew it was better not kept a secret.

"Yeah." She said with a nod of her head as the tears spilled over, trailing down her face.

"Alright, Carol do you mind riding with Daryl?" Rick asked placing a hand on Angela's shoulder trying to comfort the girl.

"No, I don't mind."

"Alright, Angela will ride with us. Daryl we've gotta go." Rick said and brought the man before him back to reality. Daryl glanced at Angela before turning on his heel with an aggravated sigh and heading to his vehicle. Carol gave Angela a sympathetic look before following after him.

"Come on Angela." Rick said, his arm slipping around her shaking shoulders and leading her to the car him an his family were taking.

Tears fell freely from her eyes as she followed Rick and climbed into the back seat of the car. She barely noticed Lori reaching back and placing a hand on her knee briefly before they took off down the road.

Angela leaned her head against the window of the car and shut her eyes. She didn't expect Daryl to be thrilled about her pregnancy, but she didn't expect him to not say anything and leave her standing there for Rick to handle. Maybe things would be different after he had some time to think about it. She hoped it would be anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I'm done promising sooner updates, they'll come when they come. Writer's block sucks. I'm not sure where to go with it right now, but no worries I'll figure something out. I'm not quitting this story, I promise. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it wasn't much, but it was something. Thanks so much for reading!