‹ Prequel: Keep Holding On
Status: New sequel to Keep Holding On, I love comments on how I'm doing so don't be shy.

Keep Breathing My Angel

Time?

"Angela wake up." A gentle voice called, pulling the girl from her sleep. Angela's eyes opened to see Lori looking at her from the front seat, her hand resting on the girl's knee.

"Where are we?" Angela asked noticing that both Carl and Rick had left the car and that they were at a new house.

"A few miles out from where we stayed last night." She watched as Angela nodded and looked around, her face saddening when her eyes landed on a certain hick. "Rick told me the news." She said referring towards Angela's pregnancy. Most had heard her announce it for she had spoken louder than she meant to, but Lori had already climbed into the car so she hadn't really heard.

"He hates me." She whispered staring at Daryl with tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't say that." Lori scolded lightly. Angela's head turned towards her.

"And why not?! He didn't say a word to me, he just walked away." Angela snapped, but her voice faded out towards the end as the tears that had built up slipped out.

"He's in shock. That was sudden news to throw at him, and on top of that you had gone on that run earlier-"

"I hadn't known for sure. I took a test while we were out. Glenn and Maggie didn't notice I slipped into the bathroom and was gone for several minutes to take it. I had to find out, that's why I went on the run and I didn't want anyone to know I needed the test." She confessed wiping her tears away, trying her hardest to stop them.

"Just give him some time. He cares for you Angela. The Daryl I had met when this all started has changed greatly and it started with your little sister." Lori explained.

"What do you mean?"

"When we first met Daryl he and his brother kept to themselves, they didn't care at all what happened to any of us. I mean Daryl hunted for everyone, but when it came down to it it was just him and Merle. Then Merle went missing, we had to leave the quarry, and then your sister showed up on our way to Atlanta. Daryl stopped the caravan immediately and went to save her. That's when he started to show he cared even if it was just a little bit. Now he's a real member of the group and cares about you more than anyone else. He'd die to protect you Angela, that's why you just need to give him time. He'll come around." Lori explained before climbing out of the car to join the rest of the group.

Angela sat there, staring out the windshield thinking over everything Lori had just told her. She knew Daryl cared about her, hell maybe he loved her. He had never let those words slip out yet, but neither had she. She knew she couldn't survive this world without him, and that night all those months ago when she tried to opt out he stopped her, told her, showed her just how much he cared.

Maybe Lori was right, maybe he just needed time to come to terms with the news. It was sudden that she dropped the bomb. It was still shocking to her, but she couldn't run away from it an she hoped he wouldn't try to. She needed him more than anything now and she hoped he'd come around to the news soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this has taken so freakin' long to get out. I've really had no motivation to write at the moment plus writer's block isn't helping. I just want to get to the prison, I know what I want to do for the most part there. Anyways I figured this would be a wonderful time to get a new chapter up because It was Christmas here... Well it ended about 2 and a half hours ago, but still. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. Hope it was great is great, you know what I mean. Thanks for reading!