Status: Something new

Bittersweet

Two

-2 weeks later-

I sat in the living room reading twilight with a hot cup of coffee on the stand next to the couch, Ann had been out all day which gave me some time to just sit back and relax. I had been pretty upset about the Peter situation but I tried to push it behind me and move on, he was in a better place now and there was nothing I could do about it.

The only thing that bothered me was that he wasn't buried, he wasn't cremated and there was no record of his death. It was odd but something in my mind told me not to even bother with digging deeper, what I needed to find out would come walking to me instead of me walking to it.

I glanced up from my book and saw my cat mittens tossing around one of her toys, she was cute cat that I had for the past three years. Sometimes she was a pain in the ass while other times she was the most playful little thing in the world, I giggled as she rolled over and tossed the toy around. It was fun watching her get carried away with her toys,it made me remember the day I found her.

Blinking I looked back down at my book and started to finish the chapter I was just one, Bella was depressed because Edward had left her. I shook my head at the page and looked back up to Mittens, this time she was staring at me with a look on her face. Placing my book down I crawled onto the floor and stared at her, she seemed angry and frightened all at the same time.

"Mittens?" I reached for her.

A hiss escaped her throat and she pounded on my arm, her sharp nails dug into my skin and her teeth pierced my flesh. I screamed as I tried to pull her from my arm only to cause her to dig her teeth and nails deeper into my skin, the pain shot through my arm like I was being stabbed over and over again. Finally with another yank I was able to rip her from my arm, once she landed on the floor she scattered off towards my bedroom in fear; leaving me with a bloody arm.

"Shit." Pulling off my shirt I wrapped my arm and stood up looking around.

The floor had blood on it and my arm was starting to feel numb from the blood spilling out of it, sighing I quickly grabbed my coat, car keys and cell phone. Rushing to my car I made my way to the hospital hoping that I would not get into a car accident.

"She just attacked you out of no where?" Scotts mom finished stitching my arm up and looked at me.

"Yeah it was weird, one minute she was playing and the next she was frightened. When I tried to clam her she attacked me." I looked at my arm in shock that my cat had done this to me, the whole time I had her not once did she ever attack me.

"Maybe it is because of the new home?" Ms.McCall started to wrap my arm up with gauze.

"No, its been two weeks. She would have acted out on the first day." I looked out of the room window to see two teenage boys staring at us.

"Oh, don't mind them. Scott and Stiles, you probably don't remember them." She finished up the bandage and let me sign myself out, grabbing my coat I made my way to the door where both boys scuffled in their seats.

"Scott, Stiles. Curiosity killed the cat." I said with a smile on my face.

Both boys had grown so much, Scott looked like a grown man while Stiles was still young but handsome. Nodding their heads they stood and walked me to the front of the hospital.

"So, your cat attacked you?" Scott asked.

"Do you know why, is this normal?" Stiles rambled behind Scott.

I shook my head and looked at the boys.

"Yes she did, no its not normal. I will be taking her to the vet." With that said I turned and left the boys standing where they were.
"She seems fine to me, maybe something in the house spooked her?" I shook my head at the vet who was just petting Mittens.

"This is not normal for her, I have heard a few other people claim that their pets were attacking them as well." The vet nodded and closed his eyes, it was like he was trying to tell me something but keep it from me all at the same time.

"You are right-"

Ding

"Listen Derek, we can't always run to the vet for little problems." I heard one voice.

"No one told you to come, Peter." I blinked.

The vet closed his eyes and exhaled as the door opened and two broad men walked into the room, one was scruffy while the other was clean and handsome. I looked at both of them, they seemed familiar but I couldn't pin point it. The handsome one stared at me intently as if waiting for me to say something, then the vet spoke.

"Boys? come back later, I am busy." The vet spoke clearly and clamly.

"Sure, no problem." The handsome one quickly turned to leave but the other one stopped him.

"We have a question."

"Derek, I have a patient. Go away, come back later. It can wait." Derek rolled his eyes while sending me a glare.

I folded my arms and glared right back at him, it was as if we were having a dominating match of who was more dominant. Well I was because I was here first.

"Yeah, boys; hes telling me things about my cat here, who I don't think would mind ripping your eyes out like she ripped my arm up!" I spoke in a raised tone.

The taller one took a step back and swallowed from nervousness.

"Yeah, come on Derek. Let her have her, visit." Derek sent the guy a glare as well.

"If you want to go Peter then go!" Peter glared down at Derek and I took my chance to grab my cat and stuff her in her cage.

"You know what, theres to much drama in here. I am going, I guess my cat is fine and just wanted to randomly attack me. Thank you for the help, good bye." I grabbed the cage and shoved past both guys but when I touched Peters shoulder a flash of the Peter I knew ran through my head causing my head to spin.

"Are you okay?" I felt his hands on my side holding me still.

Pushing away from him without a word I walked to my car with a massive headache.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.