Status: Something new

Bittersweet

Four

"It's just weird, she never attacked me before." I looked at Ann as she got ready for her new job, I hadn't even went looking for a job yet seeing as I was being lazy and I didn't have to pay rent. She placed her apron on and then fixed her hair while giving me a shrug, sighing I stood and walked over to her.

"Ann, I'm serious. Then some guy named Derek told me I need to leave this town, then I saw some guy that for some reason reminded me of this other guy." I rested my head on her shoulder and felt her turn around, she placed her hands on my cheek and then a kiss on my forehead.

"You will be fine, Mitten's is fine, I am fine. Go talk to that guy and see if you could make yourself better." She walked past me leaving me to stare in the wall mirror, I looked like college; messy hair and no sleep. Leaning my head back and letting my body slouch I groaned and then straightened myself out while turning around, Ann gave me a quick wave goodbye and left leaving me alone with my psycho cat.

I heard the meow of Mitten's and looked down at her, she was sitting there looking up at me with the sweetest look on her face; I was tempted to lean down and pet her but I refrained from doing so. Walking past her she followed right at me feet meowing for me to feed her.

"You have the nerve to ask me for food after what you did." I pulled out her bowl and looked over to her, she had jumped on the counter and was watching me make her food. I poured the cat food in the bowl and swiftly nudged in her direction so that she could eat, during that time I made up my mind that I would shower and go out.
I stood staring at the Hale house, it was still gnawing at me that he gave up; he died. I kicked some of the dirt and walked up to the porch, leaning against the frame I sighed.

"Peter Hale, you were so strong and let you just stopped. Why would you stop being so strong?" I muttered.

"Why are you hear?" I heard Derek voice and spun around to face him.

I sent him a glare while crossing my arms and looking at the house once more, I watched as he walked closer to me and looked angrier by the second.

"If you must know, a guy name Peter who lived here saved my life years ago. I re-payed him by visiting him in the hospital everyday for three to four months after this house went on fire. When I went to the hospital to see if he was still there, the nurse took a while to respond so I knew that he passed away." I took a step forward and off the porch.

Derek looked at me confused and then smirked at me, swiftly he turned around and looked at me then started to walk but stopped.

"Follow me." He spoke.

I stood just staring at him nervously, he was weird in a way; one minute nice and the next minute mean and telling me to leave. He crossed his arms and motioned once more for me to follow him, so I did. I took another step and was soon close behind him as we walked towards the road, he stopped me and had me look into his car. The same man from the other day was sitting in his passenger seat just resting with his eyes closed, I looked at Derek with a confused look on my face.

"Peter Hale." He spoke at he pointed to the man in the car.

My jaw slightly dropped as I looked at him, then it hit me; no wonder when I touched him I got a flash back of him.