Status: Active!

Senseless

Can Anybody Hear Me?

“Well, what do you think?” I asked, facing Alexei towards the mirror so he could see his hair.
“It’s…I look like you!” he smiled.
His ocean eyes were shining with awe and admiration, as he took in the choppy locks of black hair.
“Huh, you do.” I mused, staring into the eyes of a younger me.
There was innocent radiating from him, but determination was dead-set in his shadow.
He was definitely a younger me.
“Can we show Ashley?” Alex asked, wrapping the towel around his naked body. He had just stepped out of the shower.
“Sure.”
Unlocking the bathroom door, I peeked out to see Ashley lounging on the bed, a bored expression on his face.
“Ash?” I called out.
“Yeah?” he looked up, a smile settling on his features. “You dyed your hair again!”
“That’s not all…” I trailed off, motioning Alex to follow.
Confused, Ashley stood up and stared in disbelief. His eyes kept trailing from his soft face and diamond eyes to his hair.
Then he would glance at me, and a sad smile would appear.
“You…” he whispered, staring deeply into Alex’s eyes. He was seeing the same thing I had seen.
The pure innocence that reminded us of me.
“Yes?” Alex asked, impatient.
“You look great.” Ashley offered, ruffling his damp hair and leaning over to kiss my forehead. “You too, babe.”
“Thanks.”
“Thank you.”
“Uh, is he wearing any clothes underneath that towel?” Ashley asked, glancing at Alex.
“No.”
Shaking his head, Ashley rifled through his suitcase and pulled out a pair of gray skinny jeans.
“These will probably fit you better than Andy’s clothing.” he smirked, handing them over.
“Thanks.”
Going through my own suitcase, I tried to find a shirt that wasn’t completely cut up and could still be called a shirt.
Finally, I found an old “Haters Make Me Famous” shirt that I rarely ever wore, but never threw out.
Accepting the items, Alex locked himself in the bathroom and quickly changed into the clothes.
Yeah, he definitely looked like me.
“Where am I sleeping?” he asked, after modeling the jeans and switching them out with a pair of shorts.
We had remembered how uncomfortable it was to sleep in skinnies and had produced a pair of pajamas.
“Uh, the couch.” Ashley suggested, sheepishly. “I’m sorry, it’s just I’d like to sleep with Andy.”
“Of course.”
It was after midnight, and we had an early flight in the morning.
I was planning on convincing Alex to come to the states with us, abandoning the crazy idea he had.
It was a safer bet, and Ashley was more likely to agree to that than letting me road trip through Russia.
Then again, if I couldn’t convince Alex, I was staying with him.
With or without Ash.
Falling asleep, I was awakened by the sudden thump as someone stumbled in the darkness.
“Alexei?” I called out, feeling Ashley’s arm on my waist.
“Yes?”
“Aren’t you tired?” I asked, my eyes adjusting to the darkness and seeing his pacing silhouette.
“No, I need to figure out what to do about Robertin.”
“Alex.” I sighed, carefully sitting up and approaching him. “You know, it’s not a very safe idea. I think it’s better if you came to America with us.
He stared at me in shock.
“And leave my family behind?!” he shouted, successfully waking up Ashley. “Andy, are you insane?”
“Who’s insane?” Ashley asked sleepily.
“Andy!” Alex yelled. “He wants me to forget about the fact that someone is trying to kill my sisters and come to America!”
“It’s not such a bad idea…”
“No!”
“Alright, I’m sorry.” I apologized. “I should have realized how serious you are about this.”
“Please, Andy.” Alexei begged. “You’re the only one who can help me right now.”
“I’m going to help you.” I promised.
“Thank you.”
“What do you have planned?” I asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and ignoring Ashley’s pointed look.
“We need to kill him.”
I nodded, seriously contemplating the idea.
His eyes filled with emotion in the tainted light, as he listed the different, discrete ways he had come up with.
“Stop!” Ashley interrupted.
“What?” Alex asked, confused. “Are we talking too loudly? I’m sorry if we’re keeping you up.”
The concern creased in his face, and it was adorable.
He was genuinely concerned over the fact that he might not be letting Ashley sleep.
He had such charisma; it was hypnotizing.
The courage he contained, when he knew he was risking his own life to save his siblings.
It was admirable.
“No!” Ashley muttered, turning me around and seething. “I’m not going to let you kill anyone!”
“Please!” Alex panicked. “He needs to help me! We need to bring Robertin to justice!”
“Why?” Ashley asked. “Why does he have to help you?”
“Because…he’s the only one who truly believes in me.” Alex answered solemnly. “No one else does.”
“You know why?” Ashley muttered. “Because you’re fucking crazy, if you think we believe you…if you think we believe your bullshit tale about the royal throne and this murderer -”
“I believe him.” I interrupted.
“What?”
“I’ve told you a thousand times, Ash! I believe him, okay? Maybe it’s the innocence in his eyes, or the fact that he reminds me of me when I was his age! You know, feeling that no one believes in you and you won’t accomplish what you want most? I believe him.”
“Andy, believing in someone’s musical success and their claim to the throne are two completely different things!” Ashley yelled.
“Fuck off.” I muttered, taking Alexei’s hand and leading him towards the sofa bed.
Getting in bed with him, I intertwined my fingers with his and whispered quietly in his ear. “I believe you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Astronaut; Simple Plan

Alright, things should start happening around chapter 5, so there's just one more filler chapter left before someone dies.
I mean...no, you guys know me.

Comments are appreciated, and I'm not sure if I'm going to have Ashley eventually believe Alexei's story...suggestions?

I wasn't liking what the old layout looked like, so I decided to change that too.