To Roam Into the Unknown

Illusions

“You seem distant, my Prince…”

Loki turned from his place by the bookshelves and sighed. Amora pushed the door shut with her foot.

“Not now, Amora.” he said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“It appears that now is the best time.” she said. He stared at her longingly as the silk robes slipped from her shoulders, pooling at her feet. Her body was that of true perfection.

“I have not the time for this.” he tore his stare from her and made to walk out to the balcony, when she materialized before him, blocking his exit.

Loki hardened his gaze as Amora’s finger touched his chin gently.

“Come now Loki. I’ve seen the way your eyes watch me.” Her voice was like liquid silk. She leaned close to his face, pressing her hands against his leather-clad chest. “As Prince of Asgard, you alone are allowed to act on those desires…” she purred, her lips brushing his chin as she spoke.

The sweet scent of lavender filled his senses and he closed his eyes. With her long golden hair rippling down her exposed back and her jade-colored eyes looking up at him through long, thick lashes, he’d be a fool not to take her right there, as he’d wished to do so many times before. Lust surrounded her like an aura.

He gripped her wrist roughly and opened his eyes. “If I were a weaker man, I would. Your charms may work on others Amora…” His lips were inches from her own. “But they will not work on me.” He threw her hands out of his grip and stormed past her onto his balcony, his green cape billowing behind him.

The remark was a direct hit to her ego and she flinched as if physically struck. She sucked in a deep breath and stormed after him. “Other men would give their very life essence to have what I willingly offer-”

Loki gazed out at the nighttime landscape from the balcony. “And I am certain many have. But I will not. You have ulterior motives, my dear. Motives that will surly have dire repercussions. Do you think me a fool? Did you not think I would find out about your schemes? Very little occurs in this place that I am not aware of.”

He could almost feel her smile behind him. “Loki, my darling…” she slipped her hands over his shoulders, her lips brushing his ear as she spoke. “You will make a great ruler. With me at your side, all of Asgard will tremble at our feet. We will make them pay for what they did to you. We will be unstoppable.”

He jerked away from her touch. “If I rule anything, I will do so alone.” he snapped. “Leave me.” he ordered.

With an unflattering scowl, she turned on her heel and slammed his door behind her.

OoOoOoOo


Loki bolted upright from his sleep, gasping. He reached up and wiped the sweat from his brow. It had been a dream. No. A memory. Much time had passed since he’d last thought of her, his temptress.

He flopped back on to the pillows and rubbed his face again. Aurora was asleep in her room down the hall. Thought he wouldn’t arrive until the next night, she wanted to avoid burdening her father with the thoughts of them sharing the same bed.

It was still quite dark outside and a glance at the clock revealed he’d only been asleep for a few hours. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried unsuccessfully to fall asleep. The memory unsettled him. Much like the nightmares that had plagued him weeks before.

Tossing the blankets off of him, he stood and silently made his way into the hallway and down the stairs to the living area. Large floor to ceiling windows allowed the white glow of the moon to flood the room. He could see clearly out into the yard that backed up to Lake Montauk.

“Trouble sleeping?”

Loki spun around on his heel. Olivier stood behind the bar, glass in one hand, cigarette in the other.

Loki ran a hand through his hair and chuckled. “As a matter of fact I am.”

Olivier nodded at the chair in front of him. Picking up on the signal, Loki took a seat.

“What do you drink?” Olivier asked.

Loki pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “I will have whatever it is you are having.”

“A scotch man. I like that.” Olivier replied, placing his cigarette in the ashtray. He retrieved a glass from below the bar and poured the amber liquid into it. “Bottoms up.” he said, handing him the glass.

Nodding his thanks, Loki tipped the glass back. “Aurora said you wouldn’t be in until morning.”

“My meeting ended early. I saw no point in waiting around.”

“Ah. Well in any case, I thank you for having me in your home.” Loki said.

“You’re welcome.”

After a very pregnant silence, Olivier finally spoke up. “Loki, what do you do?” he asked, taking a drag from the cigarette.

Loki looked at the remaining liquid in his glass, choosing his words carefully. “At the moment, I do not do anything.” He glanced up at the other man.

“What did you do…before your accident?” he asked.

He twirled the glass in his hand. “I was in line to take over the family business.”

“And what business was that?”

“Private contracting.” Loki replied, using the term he’d heard on the news.

“Middle East conflict?”

“That…and others.” he lied.

“What are your intentions for my daughter?”

Loki tossed back the remainder of his drink. “What do you wish for my intentions to be?”

Olivier smirked, stubbing out his cigarette. “You’re a clever one.”

“I only know that whatever I say will not be what you wish to hear. So I ask, what do you wish for my intentions to be?” Loki asked, locking eyes with her father.

“What does any father want for his only daughter? I want her to be happy. I want you to provide for her. Not the other way around. I want her to be taken care of. I want her to be loved.”

“I would do anything for Aurora.” Loki said.

“Is that so?” Olivier asked.

“Yes.” His jaw was set.

“Then leave.”

Loki swallowed hard. “I beg your pardon? I do believe I said I would do anything for her, not for you.”

“You say you will do anything for Aurora, then leave. That would be the best thing for her. She lost her job over you and she has done nothing but look after you. You don’t have a job. You are fully reliant on her and it’s running her down.”

Loki looked down at his now empty glass, his chest constricting as Olivier’s words sunk in. “When would you have me leave?” he asked quietly.

“I will arrange for your flight back to Seattle. You will leave within the hour.”

He wouldn’t even get to say goodbye. To kiss her once more. Loki felt as though the air had been sucked from his lungs. He shook his head. “I will not.”

“Excuse me?” Olivier asked.

“I will not leave her.”

“You will. I assure you.”

Loki glared at him, slamming his hands flat against the table. “I assure you, I will NOT! THAT…” he took a moment to lower his tone. “That woman saved my life. If not for her, I would be in a much worse state. And when I say that I will do anything for her, I mean it. She never once left me. So I will not leave her.”

Olivier stared hard at Loki, his lips pressed together in a thin line.

“I can see we’re through here.” Loki replied, standing. “Thank you for the drink.” He turned on his heel and made his way to the stairs.

“Loki.”

He stopped on the first step, refusing to look back at him. “Olivier?”

“Well done.”

Loki turned, confusion written on his face.

Olivier smiled. “You would fight for her.”

“I would die for her if necessary.”

“You would stand up to me?”

“I would do whatever is required to stay with her. If that includes entering into a battle of wits with you, then so be it.”

“You have heart. You fight for what you believe in. I can admire that.” Olivier lifted his glass. “I can also drink to that.”

The corners of his lips curled up in a subtle smile. “Goodnight Olivier.”

OoOoOoOo


Loki woke the next morning to a cold, wet nose in his face. His face contorted into disgust as his face was immediately licked. He shoved the animal away and opened his eyes.

Two large dogs, one gray, the other black stood next to the bed, expectation and curiosity written on their faces.

“They’re waiting for you to acknowledge them babe…”

Loki rolled over. Aurora stood in the doorway of the bathroom, toothbrush in hand. She wore a yellow shirt with a light blur cardigan, blue jeans and brown riding boots. Her golden hair hung over her shoulder in a thick braid.

He flopped back onto the bed and groaned, rubbing his face. “What time is it?” he asked.

“Just after nine. How did you sleep?” she asked.

“I didn’t.” he sat up and yawned. “I did, however, speak with your father last night.”

“He told me.” she said, sitting on the bed.

“Did he now? What, pray, did he tell you?” he asked, smirking.

“He didn’t go into detail. But whatever you said to him, good job. He wants to take you hunting.”

Loki’s smile froze on his face. “Should I be worried?”

“Only if you say no. You must have really said something right. Of all the men I’ve brought home, you are the only one he has ever wanted to get to know.”

“Or dislike enough to lure me out into the forest and have a hunting accident.” he said.

Aurora slapped his shoulder playfully. He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her to him.

“And just how many men have you brought home?” he asked.

“Hundreds.” Aurora said with a smile. He planted a kiss on her lips which she deepened. His hands were just sliding under her shirt when a wet nose poked his ear.

“Your dogs?” he asked.

Aurora smiled and ruffled the head of the gray dog. “My dad’s dogs actually.” she sat up and took the dog’s head in her hands, puckering up her lips as she spoke. “This is Cleo…she’s a good girl…aren’t you? Yes you are!”

Loki chuckled and shook his head as her voice suddenly took on a high pitched, squeaky tone.

“And this one is Caesar. Whosagoodboy? Who is??” she nuzzled her face against the black dog’s neck.

Loki stood and walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower.

Aurora poked her head in the bathroom. “I’m going to take them outside. I left you some breakfast on the stove if you are hungry and there’s fresh coffee on the pot.”

He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.

OoOoOoOo


Loki leaned his head under the shower head, rinsing the suds from his hair. Steam filled the room and fogged the glass shower stall and mirrors. The heat from the water helped loosen the muscles in his neck and shoulders and he pressed his hands against either wall of the shower. He lifted his head and let the water flow over his head.

Slowly his mind started drift to the memories plaguing his sleep. It worried him that the memories were more than that. He couldn’t quite place it, but something bothered him about them.

He heard a click and opened his eyes. “Aurora?”

He could make out her form through the steam. The shower door opened and she slipped in. His body instantly responded to her naked body.

“I thought you wer-” she silenced him by placing a finger over his lips, then dropped down to her knees. He gasped as she gripped him firmly and took him in her mouth. The move was unexpected but completely welcomed. He moaned and leaned his head against the wall. His climax neared as her movements became faster. Just before he was about to lose control, she stopped.

He wasted no time and shoved her against the wall. Gripping her hips, he hoisted her into the air. With her back against the wall, he shoved himself into her, winning a loud moan from her. She wrapped her legs around his waist. Just before he was about to peak, Aurora locked eyes with him.

Loki froze. Her eyes were the color of jade.

“You seem distant, my Prince…” Her voice was like velvet. No-silk.

Loki all but dropped her, backing away. “Amora.” He said the name like one would say cancer. “Where is Aurora?” he demanded.

Amora glance over his shoulder, then back at him. The look caused his heart to race. He knew that look well. Turning he flung the door open and cried out in horror.

Aurora’s body lay on the bathroom floor in a pool of blood. Her dead eyes, frozen in terror, stared back up at him.

“What have you done?!” he screamed.

OoOoOoOo


Loki was brought to by a knock on the door.

“Babe? Are you alright?” Aurora asked.

He stood under the water, gasping. He quickly turned off the shower and opened the bathroom door. Aurora looked at him, concern written on her face.

“Loki? You look like you’ve seen a ghost! What’s wrong? Is it your leg?” she asked.

He grabbed her face, forcing her to look at him. Blue eyes stared back at him with concern. He sighed and pulled her into a tight embrace.

“Are you alright?”

He nodded. “I am…”

“You’re shaking.”

“I…dozed off in the shower. You startled me is all.” he said.

Aurora looked up at him, unconvinced and rubbed her hands across his bare chest. “Why don’t you get some rest? I’ll tell daddy that your leg is bothering you…”

“No, I’m fine.”

“No you aren’t. I can tell. Daddy wont min-”

Aurora!” he said sternly, pushing past her into the bedroom. “I am fine. Tell your father that I will be joining him on his hunt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't abandon you!!! I promise!! Been having a rough time, but i'm back! And I'm here to stay!