To Roam Into the Unknown

Snow

“Loki…please. This isn’t you.” She placed her hands on either side of his face and forced him to look at her. Her bright eyes were filled with tears.

He stared at her briefly, his fierce gaze softening slightly at her touch. Then suddenly, his once green eyes flashed an icy blue and he grasped her wrists roughly in one of his larger hands.

“This isn’t who you are!” she cried.

He held his hand out and a blade appeared. Her eyes widened and she struggled to free herself.

“This is who I have always been.” he replied.

“LOKI PLEASE ST-” her face contorted into a mask of pain and she sunk to the floor, grasping her stomach.

“This is who I am…” he whispered, looking down at his blood soaked hands.

A voice sweet as honey sounded behind him. “This is who you are…”


Loki opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. With a sigh, he pressed the heel of his palm to his forehead and gently got out of bed. Aurora lay sleeping peacefully next to him. He walked to the window and leaned against it. The dream had been just like the others. Vividly realistic and all different versions of Aurora’s death. He was more than willing to bet the dreams were linked to Amora’s sudden appearance.

‘Loki…come to me…’ the voice was like honey. He felt a sharp pain in his left thigh.

“Loki?” Aurora groaned.

He turned, startled. “I’m here love.”

She sat up and pushed her hair out of her face. “What time is it?”

“Just after one.” he said.

“Are you alright?”

“Can’t sleep…” he replied, peering out the window.

“Another nightmare?” she asked.

He could just make out the silhouette of someone standing in the fog. “Yes.”

“Is there anything I can do baby? Why don‘t you talk about it?” she asked.

Loki squinted, trying to make out the person’s face. “No dearest. I’m…going to go down to the kitchen and grab a drink.” he turned once more to face her. “You should go back to sleep.” He leaned down and gave her a kiss.

“Make it quick? You know I don’t like sleeping alone…” she said quietly, flopping back onto the mattress. He brushed her cheek with his fingertips and closed the door behind him.

The house was completely silent as he made his way down the stairs. The dogs slept peacefully by the smoldering fireplace.

It had been just over six weeks since Olivier’s death. Everything had finally died down and their were slowly getting back into normal routines with their lives. Aurora’s panic attacks had all but ceased. If only his nightmares would do the same.

He walked through the kitchen and quietly slid the glass doors open. A blast of icy December air hit him. As a reaction, he briefly contemplated going back in for his coat, but then remembered his heritage. Movement down by the lake caught his eye.

He hurried quietly across the yard and past the stables. Someone sat in the swing on the willow tree at the edge of the lake. “This is private property.” he called.

The figure on the swing paused. “Is that any way to speak to your lover?”

Loki froze in his steps. “You are no lover of mine. What are you doing here?” he asked bitterly.

“I simply thought I might come pay you a little visit.” she slid off the swing and sauntered up to him. She was clad in a white gown. Her golden hair fell over her shoulders in waves. “Our last meeting was so rudely interrupted…” she slid a perfectly manicured red nailed finger down his bare chest.

“Was that your doing?” he asked, grasping her wrist.

“Unfortunately not. Olivier’s health was poor. Everyone knew that. Besides, what would I have gained from his death?” she asked.

“I’ve asked myself that same question.” he said. With his newly reacquired powers he could tell she wasn’t lying. “I’ll only ask once more. What. Do. You. Want?” he asked, squeezing her wrist harder.

“I’ve come to collect my payment.” she said.

“Payment? For what?” he snapped.

“For delivering you from your pathetic human form.”

“Something that I did not ask you to do.” he said.

“But you nevertheless accepted, did you not?” she purred.

He glared at her. “How much do you want?”

She tossed her head back and laughed. It was like shattering glass. “Oh Loki, you silly man. What need have I for money?”

“Then what do you want? Out with it woman.” he growled.

It had begun to snow lightly. The flakes were getting caught in her hair. “I want you.” she said.

‘Give into the darkness…..’

Loki narrowed his eyes, trying to push back the lustful darkness that was threatening to take over. “What else?”

“Nothing else. Just you.” she replied.

‘You know you want it…’

“No. Maybe in the past, but not now.” he said, shaking his head. He turned to face the house. He knew he should return, but his feet kept him firmly in place.

“Why not?” Amora snapped. “Is it because of that woman?” He almost laughed at the irony of her words as he remembered saying something similar to Thor once upon a time. “She is nothing. She cannot give you what I can.”

‘You remember what it felt like…’

“Maybe not, but I can trust her not to betray me. She loves me.” he stood up straight and turned to look back at her, crossing his arms. “And I love her.”

“Love is for fools.” she retorted.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “What is this about, Amora?”

“I’m offering you another chance for glory. Claim your throne and together we will be a force to be reckoned with.”

‘Let it surround you…'

“I’ve told you. I no longer desire a throne.” he replied with a slight twitch of his head.

“Give me this one night then, and I will leave.” she said.

He looked up at her. Her eyes were sparkling green, her cheeks rosy from the cold. She was beautiful. And he wanted her gone. “All of this for one night in bed with me?” he asked, arching his brow.

‘Let it fill you…’

“Who said anything about a bed? You know how I’ve felt about you.” She slipped her arms out of the gown and it fell in a silken puddle at her feet.

“And Thor, and Heimdall. And who was the other one? Skurge was it?” he quipped, trying to ignore the perfection of her body.

“All were no match to the desire I hold for you, Loki.” she pressed her chest against his, her lips hovering inches from his own. “You, who held such ambition that you would go against all the nine realms to claim your crown. Your power rivals no other sorcerer, and is quite the turn on…” she slid her hand down into his boxers and gripped him. His eyes closed in response. “Does this help?” she asked.

‘Let it seduce you…’

He opened his eyes and came face to face with Aurora, watching as she dropped to her knees before him.

“N..no…” he groaned, grabbing her throat. “Not her.”

“As you wish…” Amora whispered, locking eyes with him as her form changed back to her own. He closed his eyes again as she took him into her mouth. Lust stabbed his gut like a knife. His head lolled back and time seemed to slow as she worked.

With a groan, he grabbed a fistful of her hair and gave her head a violent yank as he pulled her to her feet. “Just this once, witch.” his words dripped with venom.

Hand still tangled in her hair, he crushed his lips to hers with fervor and pushed her against the tree. She wrapped her arms around him, biting his left shoulder hard.

‘And you will be strong once more…’

Loki growled and picked her up by her thighs. With a simple thought, his boxers disappeared and he shoved himself roughly inside her eliciting a scream from her. He should have been worried that someone might hear, but he was too caught up in her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, moaning loudly into his ear. Before he could react, she had shoved him down on his back in the grass and lowered herself onto him. His head rolled back as she began to move. She drug her nails down his chest as she picked up her speed. He felt himself getting close and she stopped.

“If all I get is one time, I’m going to drag it out.” she breathed.

‘A God once more…’

His hand shot out and grasped her throat. “I didn’t tell you to stop.” he spat, pushing her off of him. She landed on her back and he positioned himself over her.

Her eyes flashed red and she struck him across the face. The assault only fueled him and he pushed into her again, making her scream. He brought his bloodied lip down on hers in an angry kiss, his tongue fighting hers for control. She wrapped her legs around his waist and clawed at his back. Bucking and writhing against him, soon a massive orgasm washed over her.

With one last thrust, Loki allowed the creeping darkness to envelop him and he climaxed with a furious cry, collapsing on top of her.

OoOoOoOo

Loki woke the next morning to Cleo licking his face and the smell of bacon in the air. He sat up and looked around, scratching the dog’s head. He was in his bed. Had it all been another of his dreams?

Sighing, he flopped back down on the mattress and pressed the pillow over his face. With a huff and a growl, Cleo forced her snout under his arm.

“Not now, Cleo…” came his muffled reply.

“Oh baby, you’re up. I’m making breakfast…” he peered out from under the pillow. Aurora stood in the doorway in her pajama pants and long sleeved white shirt. Her hair was piled atop her head in a messy ponytail. “Did you sleep alright?” she asked.

“I slept enough…” he replied pushing the pillow aside.

“God babe…what happened to your lip?” she asked.

Loki felt a pang of fear. “I…” he licked his bottom lip. “fell down the last four steps last night…”

Aurora sat on the edge of the bed. “Let me see…”

He brushed her hand away and sat up. “It’s nothing that wont heal.” he said.

“You’re sure? Does anything else hurt?” she asked, brushing his hair back.

He took her hand and kissed it gently. “Not anymore.”

She smiled. “Alright Romeo…breakfast will be ready soon.”

Loki stood and stretched. “I’ll be down soon. Going to jump in the shower.” he said.

Aurora nodded and kissed his cheek. “Ten minutes.” she said, before walking out.

He hurried into the bathroom and closed the door. When he turned on the light, his stomach dropped. A bruise was forming over his left shoulder.

He turned and looked in the mirror. “Son of a bitch…” he whispered. Long red scratches decorated his back.

OoOoOoOo

A few days later, Loki watched from Olivier’s office window as Aurora rode her horse around the yard. Snow had been falling off and on, covering the landscape in a blanket of white. The sky was overcast and gray. In a way, it reminded him of Jotunheim.

He rubbed his wrist and sighed, sitting down in the large office chair. Aurora’s mother’s ring lay on the desk before him.

“Rough day?”

He looked up. Max Moreau leaned against the doorframe.

“Max, I didn’t know you were still in town.” Loki stood and shook his hand.

“I’m actually on my way back to France tonight. I wanted to give Aurora my love.”

Loki nodded, offering him a seat.

“How is our girl?” Max asked as he sat.

“She’s doing well. Getting better a bit each day.” he replied.

Max’s eyes caught the ring on the desk. “Corrine’s ring?”

Loki picked it up. “Yes…”

“Olivier must have really seen something good in you to give you that. He loved that woman more than life.” Max said.

Loki smiled. “Olivier was a good man.”

“Yes he was. And Aurora is a good girl. I don’t know you like Olivier did so I feel compelled to threaten your life should you hurt her in any way.”

Loki‘s brow furrowed. “I would never-”

Max held up his hand. “She is a good girl and I can tell she adores you. When I‘m gone, she will have no one but you.”

“I love Aurora and I would do anything for her. She will be taken care of, I give you my word.”

Max smiled and stood. “What good is the word of a man that I do not know? I will return in a month or so to check up on her.”

“Safe travels then.” Loki replied, tucking the ring in his pocket.

Max gave him a nod and left.

OoOoOoOo

‘Come to me….’ Loki started. Amora’s reflection stared back at him. He looked around the room but no one was there.

‘I command you.’

“You don’t command anything of me, Amora.” he hissed.

‘Oh but I can. All of those nightmares you have been having…I can make them come true in a second.’

Images of Aurora’s death filled his head and he sucked in a breath as he felt his mind being invaded.

“Babe?” Aurora called from the hallway.

Loki’s hand wielding the straight razor seemed to move against his will up to his throat. Amora smiled back at him as she began to fade.

‘Your love will die by your own hands, if I wish it.’

“Where do I find you?” he asked.

‘The city. Once you are there, I will find you.’ And with that, she was gone.

The pressure in his head dissipated quickly and he cursed as he nicked his throat.

“Loki?”

He wiped the blood from his neck and commenced to shaving once more. “I’m in the bathroom.” he called.

“Babe…you want to go into town with me?” Aurora asked.

Loki looked at her in the mirror as he shaved. She was sprawled out on her stomach on the bed with her face resting on her arms.

“By into town you mean…?”

She smiled. “The city. I got a call from Emm…she and Stacy are in the city for a week.”

He leaned down and rinsed his face. “When do you want to go?” he pressed a towel to his face.

“I was thinking tomorrow?” she said.

Outside the wind howled. “Can we fly in this weather?” he asked, tossing the towel around his neck.

Aurora shrugged. “News says it should die down by morning. But not before we get another seven inches…”

“Speaking of seven inches…” he grabbed her by her ankles and flipped her over.

Aurora laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck. He stared down at her and brushed her hair out of her face.

“What’s wrong baby?” she whispered.

He shook his head and his lips turned up at the sides in a small smile. “I love you. Never forget that.”

She reached up and stroked his face gently. “I know…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Writer's block is trying to creep in! Comments and/or suggestions really help!