To Roam Into the Unknown

Reunion

The girls high pitched screaming pierced Loki’s ears like nails on a chalkboard, but he couldn’t suppress a smile when Emm and Stacy threw their arms around Aurora’s neck.

“Oh my God! We miss you so much Aurie!” Emm cried.

“Ohmygosh is that Mr. Green?” Stacy shrieked.

“Ladies.” Before Loki could react, he was being ambushed by the two girls.

“Hello Aurora.”

Aurora turned and came face to face with Chris. He looked as handsome as ever and it took a moment for his presence to register.

“Chris! This is a surprise!” she stood on her tiptoes and gave him a hug.

“Indeed it is.” Loki replied coolly.

The two men stared at one another for a tension filled moment before Chris stuck his hand out. “Loki.”

Loki arched a brow but shook his hand. “Chris.”

After a minute or two of the girls rambling, their arms locked with Loki‘s, Aurora grabbed their arms and pulled them off of him. “We’ll catch up over dinner.”

OoOoOoOo

Emm leaned on her elbows against the table and pointed her fork at Loki. “I’ve said it once before but I think it needs to be said again. Loki, you clean up really, really nice.”

“Emm, I’m pretty sure he’s taken.” Stacy said.

Loki chuckled and took a sip of wine. “It’s nice to see the two of you again.”

“Aurie, I was sorry to hear about your father. How are you doing?” Chris asked.

Aurora wiped her mouth. “I’m taking it day by day. It’s…weird you know? Everything still seems so surreal. I catch myself expecting to see him at the kitchen table reading the paper and then it sets in.” she shook her head as tears threatened.

Loki reached over and squeezed her hand gently. “It’s ok darling…” he whispered, shooting a glance at Chris.

She looked up at him and smiled. “So…what’s the plan for tonight?”

Emm and Stacy smiled. “It’s a good night for a dance.”

OoOoOoOo

The music pumped loudly through the building and the lights flickered to the beat.

‘Honest to God I’ll beak your heart
Tear you to pieces and rip you apart
Honest to God I’ll beak your heart
Tear you to pieces and rip you apart…’


Aurora threw her head back and smiled as she and Loki danced. Emm had herself wedged between Stacy and a random guy. Once the song had begun to blend into another one, Loki planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I’m going to sit this one out!” he called over the music.

“Are you ok?” she asked, pushing her hair out of her face. Loki reassured her with a smile and made his way to their table in the corner. The booth was very dark with a single candle on the table. Cooper sat at the table, beer in hand.

Loki nodded at him and sat across from him. They sat in silence, watching the girls dance.

“How is she doing, really?” Chris asked over the music.

“Remarkably well.” Loki answered.

“I still don’t trust you.” Chris said, standing up.

Loki smirked, lifting a beer bottle to his lips. “And I still do not like you. We’re even.”

“We’ll see.” Chris said, retreating to the dance floor.

Loki held back his urge to challenge him. He was still a friend to Aurora and as much as he didn’t want to think about it, she needed distraction.

'Punching him could be considered a distraction…' he thought with a smirk.

‘She's a Maneater,
make you work hard
Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love…’


Loki watched with disdain as Chris grabbed Aurora’s waist and began to dance with her. He placed the now empty beer bottle on the table, tracing the opening lightly with his finger.

Aurora swayed her hips to the music and wrapped an arm around Chris’s neck as he dipped her back.

‘And when she walks she walks with passion
when she talks, she talks like she can handle it
when she asks for something boy she means it
even if you never ever seen it…’


Chris ground his hips into Aurora and shot a glance at Loki. The beer bottle toppled over as he jumped to his feet.

‘And when she walks she walks with passion
when she talks, she talks like she can handle it
when she asks for something boy she means it
even if you never ever seen it…’


The crowd parted, yet one seemed to notice as Amora walked through them, stopping inches from Loki.

“Amora. What are you doing here?” he asked.

She smiled and brushed a finger across his lips. “I told you I would find you.” she said.

Loki jerked his face away, glancing over her shoulder. Amora turned and followed his gaze.

“Loki, what are you allowing to happen out there?” she asked.

“She needs her friends.” he snapped.

“Lover, I don’t think he wants to be her friend…” she said.

‘She's a maneater
make you buy cars
make you cut cards
Wish you never ever met her at all!’


“Did you come here to state the obvious or is there an actual reason you are here?” he snapped.

Her eyes flashed red. “You need to take me home.” she said.

“I’m not taking you anywhere.” he said, sitting back down. He signaled to the waiter for another beer.

“I’ll join you then.” she said, sitting next to him.

Loki sighed and moved over. “What do you need?” he asked.

Amora smiled and sipped her drink. “I think its time that you put aside this silly façade.”

He took a swig of beer and licked his lips, watching Aurora and Chris dancing. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Oh come now Loki. Pretending to be human? You are better than that.” she said, biting into a cherry.

“This is the life I’ve chosen.” he replied.

“No! This is the life you were sentenced to.” she slammed her hand on the table. “You belong at my side, ruling this pathetic world.”

He looked up at the ceiling and laughed. “I think not. I am where I wish to be, with Aurora.”

Amora narrowed her eyes. “She is weak and unworthy.”

“Then so am I.” He waved his hand towards the crowd. “Go…find someone more worthy.”

“You would do well to remember what I’ve done for you.” she leaned close to him, gripping his thigh. “And what I can do to you. I will not ask anymore.”

His mind was filled with images once more of Aurora’s bloody body and he was about to respond when Aurora and Emm returned to the table.

“Ms. Eve?” she asked.

“Aurora dearest, how are you?” she asked, embracing her.

Loki watched with apprehension as the two women chatted as though they were old friends. Anger began to rise until it threatened to boil over. He wanted nothing more than to end her life at that moment, but opted instead to excuse himself to the mens room.

He shoved through the door and began to pace back and forth as he tried to compose himself. What was her game? How could he rid himself of her? Question upon question consumed his brain. He leaned against the sink and stared at his reflection, searching for answers.

He was snapped out of his moment by the door opening. Chris walked in, eyeing him as he passed. “Something on your mind?”

Loki stood up straight. “Nothing of importance.” he replied, making for the door.

Aurora sat at their table chatting with Emm and Stacy. “Hey babe…” she smiled up at him, her cheeks flushed.

He leaned down and gave her a peck on the cheek. “Where is A-Ms. Eve?” he asked, adjusting the collar of his shirt.

“She left. Are you ok?” she asked.

“Of course!” he smiled, wrapping his arms around the three women.

“Loki, I believe we are quite drunk.” Stacy said, leaning her head against his arm.

“I would agree…” Chris replied.

Aurora leaned her head back and looked up at Loki. “I am pretty drunk…” she said.

“Let’s call it a night then.” he said, helping her to her feet.

OoOoOoOo

It was 2 am and the group of friends sat in the living room of Aurora’s downtown condo catching up on things. Loki stood out on the snow covered balcony, looking down at the city below. With his powers returned, the cold ceased to bother him.

“Come to me, my prince…”

He looked up as an odd sensation flowed over him, much like when the Other would send for him.

“Amora.” he said. “You are…ever persistent.”

She lounged before him on sofa, clad in an emerald gown, her green crown atop a pile of golden curls. A green and black Boa Constrictor wound around her arm and slithered up to her shoulder.

“I’m going to cut to the chase. I plan on conquering this realm. And to do that, I need to destroy SHIELD. That, is where you come in.”

Loki snorted and rolled his eyes. “You’re mad.”

“No. I’m determined. And a determined woman, is a dangerous woman.” she held up her hand and a small, blue cube appeared in her hand.

Loki’s eyes widened and his heart rate sped up. “Is that-”

She smiled. “The very same.”

He slowly sunk down into a nearby chair. “How is that possible?”

“You thought He trusted the only one to you?” her smile widened. She tossed back her head and laughed. “Oh…the arrogance of a king as well.”

The power the stone was emanating was more intoxicating than the purest of liquors. He had to strain to keep his wits about him. “How can this be?”

“I took it. Right after you abandoned me. Everyone was so busy preparing for your attack, it was almost too easy spirit the other half of it away.” She puckered up her lips as the snake’s tongue flickered.

Loki pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled sharply. “That isn’t nearly half of the Tesseract, Amora.”

She smirked. “Clever as always.” she stood and walked to the large window of the flat. “No. Once I had the other half, with quite a large amount of dark magic, I was able to break the stone into smaller bits. They have been strategetically placed around different parts of this miserable planet.” With a flick of her wrist, the snake disappeared.

“And what of the humans?”

“What of them?”

“They are a stubborn race. And they will resist.” he replied.

“I doubt that. They wont even know what hit them.” She said, staring down at the flashing lights on the snow covered streets. “The little insects….” she mumbled. She breathed onto the glass, causing it to fog up.

Loki stood. “What of Aurora?”

Amora turned to face him and narrowed her eyes. “There it is. The question I knew was begging to be asked. Don’t worry. Your little pet will be safe.”

There was a knock at the door.

“Enter.” Amora called.

A man who looked to be in his twenties with dark brown hair walked in. Loki was unfazed as the man walked over to Amora and began kissing her neck.

“I need to get back.” Loki said.

Amora leaned her head back as the man’s hands roamed down her body. “You do that…and think on our conversation.” her voice was a groan.

Loki turned his back and looked out the window. Just before he broke their connection, he watched as Amora’s lips hovered inches from the man’s. A silvery light seeped like fog from his mouth into hers. His skin immediately faded and he fell to the floor, dead.

Amora met Loki’s gaze. “What? How else am I to keep my powers up? You know well the toll Dark Magic takes on the body, weather immortal or human.”

Without a response, Loki’s image faded.

OoOoOoOo

He came too on the balcony.

“Loki…” Aurora walked out onto the balcony. “You’ve been so quiet out here, I though you’d left.”

He turned and smiled. “Sweetheart…you should go back inside, it’s frigid.”

She took his hand. “Come to bed. Its late and you look exhausted.”

“And your friends?” he asked.

“Passed out.” she smiled and shrugged. “At least Emm and Stacey are. Chris is in his room.”

Loki smirked and scooped her up in his arms and carried her to their room. “You look like you need me to help you get to sleep.”

Aurora smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “You read my mind…”

She laughed as he tossed her onto the bed and pounced on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I have overcome the writer's block. Please comment!