To Roam Into the Unknown

Simple Request

Aurora smiled as Loki opened the door to his room for her. The room was dark save for the silver moonlight that flooded in through the balcony. A warm breeze blew the drapes, giving them a ghostly appearance.

He shut the door gently and turned to look at his wife. She stood looking out over the balcony

"Aurora..." he said quietly, walking towards her. She turned to look at him and smiled, doing him dead in his tracks. Her hair was falling out of its twist and was laying softly over her bare shoulders. Her cheeks were slightly flushed, her lips a bit fuller than he remembered. She was glowing and the sight of her took his breath away.

She laughed lightly. "Loki, what?"

He couldn't find words so he just shook his head slowly, his mouth turning up at the sides slightly. Gently, he leaned forward and kissed her. She wove her fingers into his hair and gave it a tug, pulling him closer.

"Wait..." he said, pulling away slightly.

"What's wrong?" She asked, breathing deeply.

He pulled the Golden apple out from thin air and handed it to her.

"All the trouble for a single apple?"

"It is much more than that. When consumed, it renders the consumer immortal. You'll never die, never grow sick." Loki said.

"And the baby?"

"She would be just as you."

Aurora tried the apple over in her hand, looking at it closely. It looked as if it were truly made of pure gold. "I don't know Loki...What if it doesn't work?"

Loki breathed in sharply through his nose. He has been so sure that the apple was the answer that he hadn't stopped to contemplate weather it would work or not. "It has to work. There's nothing else if not."

"I don't want anything to compromise this pregnancy. I don't think I could handle it if something happened." She said.

"Please Aurora. I feel this is the best." The voice in his head screamed angrily that she was being selfish.

"I don't know what I would do if I lost the baby."

"And I don't know what I would do without you." He took her by the shoulders. "We can always have more children. I cannot get another of you."

"I promise it will be ok Loki. Just give me time to think about it, ok?" She asked, resting her hand against his unshaven cheek. "What is it?" She asked when he didn't argue further.

"Nothing...I just..." his eyes looked her up and down and his hands slid down to rest on her stomach. The baby kicked and Aurora winced. Loki smiled and dropped to his knees, his lips hovering close. "This is your father little one. I've crossed many realms and fought many beasts to find my way back to you and your mother. He pressed a gentle kiss to her stomach and stood once more.

"I'll never leave the two of you again." He said, cupping her cheek in his hand.

Her eyes twinkled with unshed tears. "I'm just glad you made it home alive. I was so scared-"

Loki pressed his lips to hers before she could further stress herself and rubbed her arms. "Sshhh my love...none of that matters anymore." He pressed his forehead to hers. "Come with me. I think we both would benefit from a warm bath." He took her hands and led her into the large bathing room. The candles lit on their own as he passed them. He reached over and pulled the balcony doors shut. When he turned, Aurora stood before him, her gown pooled around her bare feet.

Loki felt his heart skip a beat as he took in her body. He snapped his fingers as he walked towards her and the large tub silently began to fill with water. The light from the candles have her skin a golden glow. "You are so beautiful..." He whispered, helping her as she stepped into the water.

Aurora sat down and watched as Loki removed his clothes and stepped in, lowering himself in front of her. She reached out, her fingers brushing over the scar from the wurm's tusk, brow furrowed. It was then that she could see the weariness in his face. "What happened to you out there?" She whispered.

Loki's lips turned up in a faint smile. "You heard what my brother said at dinner. It was nothing more than that."

"I would hear it from my husband's lips." She said with a smirk, fingering the leather pouch around his neck. "What's this?"

"An herb pouch. Una gave one to each of us. One similar to it saved me when the wurm attacked me."

Aurora glanced up at him. "Who is she?"

"An elf. She is the granddaughter of an elven elder who pointed us in the direction of the Golden Apples. She followed us into this forest..." He scrunched up his face as he tried to recall the forest. "It was almost like the one we went jogging in back in Seattle. Really thick brush...made the sunlight hard to get through. I was asleep..." He chuckled. "I was trying to sleep, but Thor was sitting louder than I thought him capable. I heard something in the woods and chased the intruder to the river. It was then that I was attacked by a river wurm."

Aurora stared at him as he spoke, hanging on every word. "What did it look like?" She asked.

"Worse than the monsters in that movie you made me watch. The...The one with the monsters that were in the ground in the desert-"

"Tremors?"

Loki splashed the water with a smile. "Yes! Gods what a horrible movie." He laid back against the tub and exhaled. "Except the wurm had these enormous, sharp tusks. And it had multiple rows of teeth, which shot out like poison darts. One caught me here," he pointed to his shoulder. "And in my groin right above my thigh. I fought it off as best I could but it backed me into the water. It's much faster in water than on land and if it had gotten me under the water we wouldn't having this conversation." He ran his hands through his hair, dampening it. "Una saw the attack and alerted Thor. He killed the beast just as I was going under. Then he and Una pulled the barbs our of me and Una used her healing herbs to reverse the poison. Twice I would have died if it had not been for her." He looked at Aurora, noting the way she chewed get bottom lip. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. "Nothing-"

Loki sat up and moved next to her. "I know you better than that. You chew your lip when there's something you want to say."

Aurora shook her head. "It's stupid. No big deal."

"What is it?"

"Do you...Did you and Una..."

"Absolutely not! Aurora I swear to you on my family's honor that nothing inappropriate happened between us-oh..." Loki's face fell.

"Oh? Oh doesn't sound good Loki." She replied.

"It was nothing like you think. Nothing sexual ever happened between us. But she did kiss me. At which time I told her I was flattered but that I was completely," he kissed Aurora's forehead. "Hopelessly," he kissed the tip of her nose. "In love with the mother of my child. And there is no being in this universe who could change that."

Aurora couldn't suppress a smile. "Is that the silver tongue I've heard so much about? Because flattery will get you nowhere"

Loki chuckled and pulled her close. "Surely it will gain me a few extra points?" He kissed the top of her head as she lay against his chest.

"Loki?"

"Hmm?" His eyes were closed as he let the warm water work out the stiffness in his muscles.

"What happened to Una?" She asked quietly.

"I stabbed her by mistake. We were in Hel, she snuck up on me. I thought I was under attack so I defended myself. I stabbed her." He rested his cheek against her head. "She saved my life and assisted with trying to find your cure. You can she why I feel responsible to see her cared for."

Aurora leaned up and kissed him gently. "Loki, don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a killer." He shot her a look. "Anymore..." She added, stifling a yawn. "What time is it?"

Loki looked over his shoulder and out the window. "No sign of light on the horizon, I'd say it's just past midnight." He stood and helped her out of the tub and into a golden silk robe. She smiled as she tied the belt. He took her face in his hands and stared at her.

Aurora's grin widened. "What?"

He shook his head slowly. "I'm just in awe of you. If I had died that day in Alfheim, your precious face would have been the last thing I saw. I would have died a happy man." He said quietly.

Aurora felt tears prickling her eyes. "I'm so glad you're home now."

Loki scooped her into his arms and carried her into their bedroom where he gently laid her down. He leaned over her, brushing her golden hair our of her face.

"And we're married!" She whispered.

"I know it wasn't the wedding you wanted, but there will be time for that after the baby." He said.

"I don't need a lavish ceremony, Loki. All that matters is that at the end of the day, I'm your wife." She wrapped her arms around him. "And speaking of the baby...What should we name him?"

Loki propped himself up on his elbow. "What makes you think it's a boy?"

"I don't know...I'm just assuming I guess."

Loki opened her robe, exposing her belly, and traced his fingers over it softly. "Well what if I told you it was a girl?" She looked at him but he continued before she could speak. "And what if I told you that she will have your hair, my eyes and a knack for levitation and horseback riding. Aaannnddd her name is Mýrún."

"How do you know all of that?" She asked.

Loki shrugged. "I dreamt about her and our son." He continued to trace her belly.

"Mýrún..."Aurora repeated. "It's beautiful and definitely unique. I like it." She said. "And our son? What did he look like?"

Loki smiled add he remembered the two children from his dreams. "Like me. I'm unsure about his eyes as they were closed. But he definitely had my hair. His name was Auron and he was beautiful."

She closed her eyes and tried to imagine her children but then propped herself up on her elbows and smiled as he lay his face against her stomach. "It's there any way for me to get back home?"

Loki lifted his head and his brow furrowed. "Why?"

"I only want to get a few things. Not that everything here isn't beautiful and completely perfect, but I want my own things from home. Pictures of my family. Some decent maternity clothes, an ultrasound. And some cotton candy and a coke.

"There is a way, but I'm worried about you taking such a trip."

Aurora looked at him. "Then you can go with me. I certainly can't carry all of it by myself."

"I know when your mind is set. And I know better than to argue when said mind is set. But can we discuss this in the morning? I haven't slept in a proper bed in weeks."

Aurora kissed his cheek. "Fair enough."

Loki waved his hand and the candles were extinguished. He lay back and wrapped and arm around Aurora as she burrowed into his side.

OoOoOo

Aurora sat eating buttered toast with Jane and the Queen in the private sun room. Sunlight flooded in through the huge windows.

"How are you feeling today, my dear?" Frigga asked.

"Much better. I'm sure the stress was what was causing my issues. But I have no reason to worry anymore." She couldn't stop her lips from smiling.

"I have to say, you have that beautiful glow that I've heard about." Loki said as he walked in. He leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. "Good morning mother." He said, kissing Frigga's cheek. He smiled and nodded at Jane. "Jane. A pleasure to see you."

Jane nodded her head as she swallowed her juice. "Good morning."

"I trust you are well rested my dear." Frigga stated, offering him a hot cup of tea.

He accepted the cup and took a seat next to Aurora. "I am mother, thank you."

"We were just about to discuss our plans for the day. I was thinking Aurora would like to take the grand tour of the city, since she is now their princess." Frigga said.

Aurora opened her mouth to respond but Loki interjected, placing his hand over hers. "I'm afraid that must wait for another day. My wife wishes to return to Midgard."

Aurora felt her mouth drop open slightly.

Frigga set her tea cup down gently. "Are you certain that is wise Loki? She is in delicate condition."

"She craves food from her realm and desires to collect her belongings. Far be it from me to deny my wife's request. I will be with her the whole way."

Frigga didn't look entirely convinced.

"If it will ease you mind, I request that Æsa accompany us. I would also ask to appoint her as Aurora's personal nurse."Loki said.

Frigga smiled. "That is a request I can grant. When do you leave?"

Loki looked to Aurora, silently asking her. "Midday, my Queen." She replied, squeezing Loki's hand gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had a wicked case of writers block which sucked you know what. Hopefully it's gone now. So incredibly sorry for the wait! Please please please forgive me and comment!