To Roam Into the Unknown

Travel to Midgard

Aurora stood in awe, starting at the Golden dome known as Bifrost. It was unlike anything she'd ever seen.

"Aurora, you've traveled by these means once before, but you were unconscious. Æsa, have you ever traveled through the Bifrost before?" Loki asked.

Æsa, stared in awe just as Aurora and shook her head slowly. "No my Prince. I only just reached the legal age to do so."

"Right." Loki clasped his hands behind his back. "It takes a few trips to get used to the sensation and the sensation is difficult to describe. It feels as if something is pulling you. It's difficult to control your movement while traveling, just focus on landing on your feet, and under no circumstances should you let go of me. And good Heimdall will not open the Bifrost to us if return poses a risk to Asgard."

"Why would it?" Aurora asked.

Loki shook his head. "It won't. It's just the fine print." He said quietly.

Aurora exhaled a long breath. "I'm kinda nervous."

"As am I." Æsa said.

"Don't worry. I would never let anything happen to you." He said, fastening the clasp of her hooded cloak under her chin. He kissed her forehead, then held out his hands to them both and positioned them before the entrance. "Have I missed anything, Heimdall?" He asked.

The golden soldier acknowledged him coolly. "I believe that covers everything." He pushed down the large key and the room began to spin. Aurora squeezed her eyes shut.

Loki squeezed their hands. "Remember! Do not let go!" He yelled over the loud hum.

Aurora felt her body become nearly weightless and then as if someone were pulling at her mid section. She felt wind all around them and opened her eyes. Stars and auras of all colors sped by them in a beautiful blur. She felt Loki grip her hand tighter and as fast as it began, it was over.

The trio stood in a field in the dark. Aurora leaned over and vomited. Loki patted her back. "It takes some getting used to, sweetheart." He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped her mouth.

"It's not like that every time is it?" Æsa asked.

"You'll get used to it." Loki replied.

Aurora looked around as snow flurried around them. She could smell the salt in the air. "Where are we Loki?" She asked. That's when she heard the horses whinnying and she smiled.

"Bijou?" She took off running.

Æsa followed closely. "My Lady! Please wait!"

Loki smiled, strolling casually behind them through the tall grass. Aurora stopped just before the fence. The chocolate colored mare stood nuzzling a newborn foal. Her ears reared back as a twig snapped under Aurora's slippered foot.

"It's ok girl..." She whispered. Bijou snorted and then slowly nudged Aurora's hand. She rested her face against Bijou's. She didn't realize she was cold until Loki placed a hand on her shoulder. She could feel herself trembling.

"Come my love. It's cold and you are quite underdressed." He said quietly.

"It's like we never left. I didn't even know she was pregnant. What is it? January? February?"

She asked, allowing him to walk her towards the house. Æsa followed closely without a word

"Give two or three hundred and fifty days." Loki said.

Aurora faltered in her steps. "What?! A year??" She cried.

"Shhh dearest. I will explain momentarily." He replied, leading her into the dark house. He felt around the wall and flicked the light switch on.

The house was as if they had never left. The hardwood floors were clean and polished. There was no dust or cobwebs. Aurora walked down the hallway, stopping to stare into the living room. In an instant, the memory of her finding Amora practically wrapped around Loki popped into her mind. She stood unblinking, watching as she had all those months ago.

"Aurora..." Loki said quietly. She jumped when he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"You said you would explain...feel free to do so anytime." She said.

"Time on Asgard moves much slower than on Earth. While it was only a few weeks that you spent on Asgard, a year has passed here." Loki answered.

She nodded, her expression blank. "How long was it going on?" She asked quietly.

"What?" Loki asked.

His response was interrupted by the clicking of a gun and a dog growling. Instinctively, Loki and Æsa placed themselves in front of her.

"State your purpose here!" Came a raspy voice.

Aurora, standing on her tiptoes, peered over Loki's shoulder. "Charlie!"

The old grounds keeper's eyes flickered in her direction. Aurora pushed past Loki and the old man's mouth dropped slightly. "Aurora?" He lowered the shotgun. Aurora ran to him and embraced him, nearly knocking the elderly man down. The black Great Dane's tail waged back and forth.

"Aurora! Wh-where have you been? The entire state has been looking for you! We thought you were dead!" He cried, tears of joy shimmering in his eyes. He held her face in his hands, looking her over.

"I'm far from it, I promise!" She said, patting her belly. "We're married now." She smiled, glancing at Loki.

Charles' eyes brightened and he looked to Loki who offered a cordial nod and extended his hand. Charles shook it firmly. "I'm just glad you're home safe. Come sit." He lead them into the living room and sat in the arm chair by the fireplace. "And who is this young lady?" He asked, looking at Æsa.

"Her name is Æsa. She is my doula-erm...She will be helping me with the remainder of my pregnancy." Aurora said. Æsa nodded politely, but said nothing.

Charles scratched his chin. "This is such a welcome surprise to see you here and well."

Aurora and Loki sat down on the couch, Æsa stood behind her. The dog licked her hand, knocking Loki's knees with his tail. "Caesar! I'm sowy I didn't say hewwo!" She scrunched her face up and took his face in her hands, scratching behind his ears. "Where's your sister, huh? Where's Cleo?" She asked in baby talk.

Charles cleared his throat, leaning forward to start a fire. "Sweetheart, Cleo died about two months after you left." He said quietly.

"Oh...Caesar..." She whispered sadly, stroking his fur gently. "What happened to her?"

"Honestly, I don't know. Dr. O'Malley was at a loss. Cleo just laid down one night and went sometime in her sleep. I buried her under the Oak tree out back. But as sad as it was, I know what happened to her. I'm more interested in what happened to you." He said.

Aurora glanced at Loki, unsure of what to say. He squeezed her hand gently. "With all of the stress from losing daddy and everything, I snapped. I felt like I was drowning and knew that if I didn't get away, I would hurt myself or someone else. Loki took me to the airport and we picked a random flight. We've spent the last year traveling Europe and got married one night in Marseille."

Charlie sat starting at them momentarily, a smile planned on his face. "Well you're home now and that's all that matters."

Aurora made to speak but Loki beat her to it. "Thank you for taking care of everything while we were gone and I apologize wholeheartedly for any worry we caused."

Aurora stifled a yawn and rubbed her stomach absentmindedly.

"I know you all must be tired, we will talk more over breakfast, eh?" Charlie said, standing up. "I kept your bedroom clean. All of them actually." He chuckled.

Loki helped Aurora to her feet, rubbing her back gently as they walked towards the stairs.

OoOoOo

Loki stood in the bathroom, brushing his teeth. He watched Aurora in the mirror as she flipped the sheet in the air, making the bed.

"You never answered my question, Loki." She said, smoothing out the wrinkles. She unzipped her gown and slipped one of her Father's old t-shirts over her head.

Loki spit the toothpaste out and wiped his mouth. "What question?"

She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "You know which question."

Het flicked the light off and leaned against the doorway. Aurora watched him closely. "How long were you sleeping with...Helen-"

"Amora." He said quietly.

"Whatever."

Loki ran his hand over his unshaven chin and sighed. "Honestly?"

"That would be wise." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Once a few weeks after your father died. And the day you found us." He said quietly.

"But that wasn't the first time was it?" She asked quietly.

Loki shook his head slowly. "Her real name is Lorelei and she is from Asgard. We were intimate a few times back then, but it wasn't love. It was never love."

"But why? Why did you do it?" She asked.

"It wasn't because of anything that you'd done or because I didn't love you. She was a very dangerous, unstable woman. And she held you over my head. When she realized that I would never, ever give you up, she went insane." He knelt in front of her. "She was a powerful sorceress and used her skills to take you from me."

"She tried to kill the baby."

"She died trying. And she will rot in Hel for the rest of eternity. I know there is nothing I can ever do to take back the wrong that I've done, but I swore to you that I would spend the rest of my life making it up to you, and I mean to do just that. Anything you ask, I will do. I am your slave, Aurora." He took her hands in his.

Aurora pursed her lips. "I don't need a slave, Loki. I need commitment."

"I would think braving the wilderness of each realm to find a cure for what ails you would show my commitment to you." He said, fighting to control the anger creeping into his voice.

She bit her lip and nodded.

Loki ran his hands through his hair. "That was rude of me. I'm sorry." He rested his hand on her belly. "I am committed to you Aurora. You are the only woman in all the cosmos that could tolerate me. And you are the only woman that I would ever choose to bear my children. You are the new Princess of Asgard and my wife, a title that belongs to no other, and I would gladly give my life so that you may live because there is no one whom I love more than you."

Aurora smiled. "I underestimated your silver tongue."

He smiled and lay on the bed, resting his head in her lap. "Those were not words from my silver tongue. Those are the words of my heart. I will never lie to you again."

She ran her fingers through his hair. "I believe you Loki. And I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
More to follow! Let me know what you think or if there's anything you want to see happen!