Status: Hiatus

Dead Walkers

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Abigail's P.O.V

'I promise that I will try' I said when Devin made me promise that I had to stop cutting.
'Good. I don't want you to give up. We'll help each other, ok?' Devin replied holding me in his arms.
Me and Tony used to be like this. He would stay with me like this for hours just to make me feel good or just that I could fall asleep. It wasn't the same thing as being in Devin's arms, but right now, being in his arms is the only comfort I have.
'Thank you Devin' I thanked him.
'No need to thank me. We'll be friends from now on. We'll have each other. We'll protect each other' he said letting me go of his arms and looking at me.
'Thank you, that means a lot to me' I thanked while I felt a tear escape my eyes.
'No, thank you' he said. His finger reached for my face and I felt his cold touch on my skin, cleaning the tear away.
'Can you hold me please?'
'Of course' Devin said wrapping his arms around me, he started gently rock my body back and forth while singing me to sleep. His voice was actually beautiful when he sang, and somehow comforting and calm.
"How could someone sound so calm in such situations?" I wondered just in time to feel my eyes closing and the weight of a hundred sleepless nights sink in.

Devin's P.O.V

I stood still as I felt the weakened girl fall asleep in my arms. She was so... fragile. So... hurt.
Looking at her so vulnerable made me feel like I was looking into a mirror. I saw this fragile boy who everyone mistreated and stepped on. I saw a crying boy... a mess.
I still remember everything like it was yesterday. I still feel everything in my bones, in my skin, in my being. My soul still aches and twists in pain. I still bleed. I still fall apart.
In the end I'm just a mess. A total mess.

*Flashback*

I slowly open the entrance door of the house and quietly step in.
"I don't want to wake him up" I thought to myself. I slowly make my way to the living room and start to head upstairs. As my foot steps on the first wooden plank of the stairs I feel my hair being pulled.
'Where are you going you fag?' I heard him say as I try my best to escape from his grip.
'P-ppleease dd-don't hurt-t me' I pleaded while starting to cry. Sometimes I think I should have gotten used to this already, but each and every time he does it again hurts like the first time.
He grabs my hair with his other hand and violently tosses me across the room, making me hit in a wall with my back. He violently walks towards me and slaps me across the face.
'Your mother shouldn't have ever had you!' he screamed hitting me once again. 'You're a disgrace!'

*End Of Flashback*

Every time I arrived home from school it would always be like this. It wasn't always this way though. Just since mom died.
My dad got into alcohol and became really abusive towards me. I knew no other gesture from him then this one. I never really had love. I never had shelter or tenderness.

I told myself that things would only get better, but the abuses never stopped. They only got worse with time.
They got so worse that when I was 16...

*Flashback *

My dad got really drunk last night and he had been asleep all day.
I had finally managed to talk to someone about what's been happening with him. I told my cousin that he had been beating me up non-stop and he agreed to help me. We talked about it several times and we both agreed that it would be best for me to leave the house when he was sleeping. And so, I finally found enough courage to do so. I packed my things today and I'm ready to go.

I quickly make my way to my closet and grab the backpack I had packed earlier, I put it on my shoulder and make my way to my door. As I open it something collides with my face, knocking me out.

When I woke up I felt a sharp pain on my head and liquid on my lips. I reach my hand to my head and examine the liquid.
"It's blood" I thought as I looked around, scanning the room. It was empty and quite... disturbingly quite.
I hear footsteps on the outside of the door and they stop as they reach it. The door unlocks and my so called father steps in. He has a devilish grin on his face and I already know what's coming.
He steps closer and hits me for the second time today. Then he looks at me and says 'You're gonna be a good boy aren't you Devin?'
I look at him with fear written in my eyes and he just slaps me once more.
'Answer me' he ordered.
'Y-yyes' I replied in a fainted cry.
'Good boy' he said while coming closer to me. His hand reached my waist and he pulled me to him. I didn't fight back, I learned not to.
Once I'm close enough to him, he does something unexpectedly wrong. He kisses me. More like he forces himself on my mouth.
I bite his lips in reaction to his disgusting act and he slaps me harder than before.
'Don't say or try anything whore!' he yelled running his hand through his bleeding lips. 'Or I swear I'll kill you!' he continued.
He grabbed me once again, this time with a tighter grip, and started kissing my skin. His lips roamed wherever they could, every inch of my exposed skin.
'You behave like a whore, you'll be treated like a whore' he shouted making me step back a little, only to be brought closer seconds later. 'On your knees!!'
'W-wwhat?' I asked.
'I said on your knees' he said, screaming the last part. I jumped slightly and did what I was told. Tears were now uncontrollably falling from my eyes. 'Stop whining!' I felt him kick me right in my stomach, which made me yelp in pain.

He then dragged me close to the bed and threw me on it, making me hit my head. He took off his clothes and started walking towards me.
He reached for my pants and ripped them off, then he made his way to my shirt and ripped it off,also. After he tossed the materials on the floor and after that he stared at me in complete disgust. He reached for my boxers and took them off, exposing me entirely to him.
I started kicking the hair in hope for some sort of escape but it was useful.
'You're a filthy whore aren't you?' he said forcing himself on my mouth once again.
He pushed me harder against the bed and started kissing my neck. I attempted to push him away, but I was too tired and sore.
'S-sstop, please! G-get off of me' I said in desperation.
He grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head, letting go of my neck and making his way to kiss my lips once again.
'Please. Don't!' I sobbed.
"Shut up" he hissed then slapped me once again.
Soon his hands started caressing my hips, squeezing them hard minutes later and turning me around so that I could be on my stomach. I felt the tip of his member at my entrance and then a sharp pain from him slamming harshly into me. He continued pounding roughly and faster, each time he would thrust into me it would me harder and faster than before.
I just stood there completely motionless. Without making a sound. What was the point anyway?!
I could hear him moan and that disgusted me so much.
His thrusts became sloppy and soon enough I felt him release his load inside of me.
He got up, got dressed and walked away. Leaving me bleeding and crying.

*End Of Flashback*

That wasn't the last time he did it. He kept doing it until I was 18, when I was finally able to move out.

Abigail shifts a little in my arms and I look at her to make sure she is alright. Looking at her right now, she looks so peaceful.
My eyes travel to my arms, a long sleeved shirt covers my entire arms. One sleeve is slightly out of place, exposing the bit of skin I don't desire to be exposed. The scars are still here and here they will remain. They will remain as a memoir of what I've been through, of what I've done. Of how weak I am.
I started cutting since the day he first lay his hands on me, and was never really able to stop. That's why I made her promise that she would. Since I wasn't able to stop it, I'm gonna help her to.
And who know if it will help myself too.

*3 Weeks Later*

'Guys, Tone found a hotel just around the corner, so the plan is to clear it up and stay there as long as possible.' we hear Mike say through the walkie talkie.
'Okay.' we all reply.
'Sammi grab Kellin's kids and go to Al's car and stay there with them and Jinxx keep them safe, the rest of us are about to kill some walkers.' he instructed and all went quite again.
I look to my side and Abigail was sleeping with her head on my shoulder. She looked so sweet.
I've been able to keep an eye on her and she hasn't been doing anything stupid, in fact, she has been spending a lot of time with me. Which in my opinion is good. She helps me take things out of my mind and I make her feel good and loved. It's a win-win situation.

The car slowly comes to stop and I turn my head to the window. Everyone starts to get out and I gently start to wake Abby up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is my chapter, I hope you guys like it!

Ps: I'm sorry to make Devin suffer like this, but it is needed for the plot.

Title Credit : Pierce The Veil - One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Kisses and love <3

-PoisonGirlForYou