Status: Coming Soon..

Forbidden Pleasures

Goodbye Old Life

Kenslee.

Today was the day.

I've had everything packed up for days now, I was excited for the move. It meant that I could start over, have a fresh start. Living in Michigan for 19 years has been fun, but I'm ready to leave it behind, even if it means leaving my friends and family behind. I'll still have my parents. That's really the only family I need.

“Kenslee,” My Mom knocked a couple times on my bedroom door, “Greg is here.”

A long sigh escaped my lips as I slipped off my bed. It was time to say goodbye and I'm not exactly sure how my boyfriend is going to take it. I walked over to the door and pulled it open. My Mom smiled sympathetically at me before stepping aside to reveal Greg.

There he stood in blue jeans, Hollister t shirt and his expensive designer shoes. His blonde hair was spiked up and his bright blue eyes were gazing into my eyes. I can do this.

Greg stepped inside my room without breaking his gaze. I shut the door for privacy in case this didn't go too well. We stood in front of each other for a few moments without saying a word at all.

Finally he broke it, “Kens, you don't have to leave. You can move in with me.”

I mentally cringed, this was what I was afraid of. I didn't want him to get hurt over this. I took a step towards him and took his hand into mine. I looked down at as I caressed the back of his hand with my thumb, “Greg, I love you. I really do-”

He cut me off by pulling his hand out of my reach, “You're breaking up with me?!” Greg was starting to get angry. His jawline was getting tight and his eyes were getting more narrow.

The tears started to rise in my eyes, I didn't want it to end like this. I didn't want him to be mad at me. I took a few seconds to breathe before I answered him.

“Please don't make it any worse than it already is. Greg, I'm moving 2000 miles away from you. There is no way we can be together, I'm sorry, I really am. I love you and what we had was special-”

I got cut off by him grabbing my arm, “Kenslee, listen to me. If you love me, then you will not move to California, I won't allow it!” His grip kept getting tighter.

That made me wince in pain as I glared up at him, “Let me go, Greg! You don't get to tell me what to do!”

“Who will ever love you like I did? No one. I am the only guy in this world that can put up with you...” He trailed off as his eyes got darker, “You know, it's kind of good that you're moving, now I'm finally free of you.” Greg let go of his grip and started smile.

I had to let his words sink in my head for a few seconds. I blinked at him in shock, “What?”

His smile formed into a smirk as he cocked his head to the side, “You know your parents are best friends with my parents. My parents only made me date you because they liked you. It doesn't mean that I did, so go on, have fun in California. You'll probably be alone for the rest of your life now.” Greg bumped into my shoulder before leaving my room.

I walked over to my dresser to stare at the picture in the frame. It was of Greg and I at our Senior prom. We were both smiling. My smile was real, I was having the best night of my life that day. I looked at Greg's fake smile and tightened my jaw line. I couldn't believe I could be so stupid. He never loved me. It was a lie that I fell for.

I took the picture and threw it on the ground, letting all of the shards of glass fly everywhere. A shaky sigh escaped my lips as I let the one and only tear I had for him, roll down my cheeks.

“Kens, are you ready?” My Dad asked from the other side of my door.

Taking one more look at the picture down at my feet, I wiped my eyes, and grabbed my bags. I opened the door and smiled at my Dad, “I'm ready.”

He studied my facial expressions, “I'm assuming Greg didn't take it too well.”
I shook my head, “No he took it fine, don't worry about it Dad.”

“I'm sorry that we have to move, Kens. That job is probably the best job I could ever get. I would be a fool to turn it down.” He explained, while glancing over my shoulder to see the broken picture frame on the ground. My Dad started to piece it together.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, “Everything will be okay, honey. Everything will be okay.”

All I could do was nod, I didn't trust my voice. I didn't want to cry, not for a man that never loved me. My Dad took my bags from me and headed down the stairs. I turned back to look at my bedroom where I grew up in. Nothing was holding me here any longer.

Goodbye Michigan.

Hello California.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here it is. Here is the story that I have been working on for the past 5 months. I am so happy to start posting it. This story is my baby and I hope everyone will enjoy it.

I would like to thank antidote. for the amazing banner. Honestly, she's so good to me when it comes to making banners. If you ever need one to be made, you should check her work out, it's amazing. <3

Please recommend, comment, subscribe, and most importantly, READ this story. I'm telling you that this is a story that you don't want to miss out on. (: