Status: Coming Soon..

Forbidden Pleasures

Starbucks

Kenslee.

I just finished un packing a box full of dishes and felt accomplished. It looked like the Kitchen was finally done. I didn't think un packing boxes could be so time consuming and tiring.

My Dad walked in, carrying two boxes. I watched as he placed them on the counter, "More Kitchen stuff?" I asked in disbelief.

He got a lop sided grin on his face, "Yeah, I think it's dishes."

I ran my fingers through my hair, "How many dishes can you have?! All of the cabinets are full of dishes!"

My mom walked in hearing my little rant, she opened one of the boxes, "Why don't you go explore the town a little. I'll finish up here."

"Yeah, you seem like you could use a break." Dad smirked at me, making me slap him playfully.

I looked back over at Mom, who was organzing some of the cabinets, "Are you sure? There's still a lot to un pack." I pointed out, not wanting to bail on them.

She chuckled and smiled at me, "Kens, go on now. There will be plenty of boxes to un pack when you get back."

That only made me debate in my head on what I wanted to do. I felt Dad push on my shoulder, "Kens, just go walk around town, you need this."

After a sigh of defeat escaped my lips, I headed for the front door. I made sure to grab my phone and wallet on the way out. Just as I was about the shut the front door, I heard my Dad shout, "Just call if you get lost!" I rolled my eyes and started my journey.

The city we lived in was Huntington Beach and it was beyond beautiful. Definitely not something you see in Michigan. The weather was a lot warmer and it felt like the sun shined a little bit brighter. This was something that I could easily get used to.

My wandering around lead me to a street that had a plaza of buildings. Most were Restaurants, Shopping Centers, and there was even was a bar. A Starbucks across from the bar, caught my eye. That made me feel better, Starbucks was my favorite coffee shop.

I didn't think twice about going into it. I waited in the short line and ordered a carmel frappuccino. I decided to take a seat off in the corner to enjoy my coffee. I looked at my phone, almost as if I was hoping someone would call me.

I knew who that someone was, but I didn't understand why I would want him to call me. Everything about our relationship was a lie, but I couldn't help it. He was my first love, my first everything.

"Jimmy, you idiot!" Someone shouted, bringing me out of my own thoughts.

Raising my head, I saw two males at the counter. Both of them were covered in tattoos. One was holding his shirt out away from his body that showed a big coffee stain on it. The other one was tall and wore a black framed pair of glasses on his face. I watched as he reached over the counter to get some napkins, but in the process spilled over the other coffee that was full onto his friend, which seemed to be again.

His friend squealed in surprise, "Jimmy, I'm really going to wring you by your neck!"

I couldn't contain my chuckle. Jimmy slapped a pile of napkins onto his friend's now soaked shirt. He let go, thinking his friend would of grabbed the napkins, but they all fell to the floor.

This was becoming entertaining to me now.

Jimmy cursed and dropped to knees, scooping all the napkins up in his hands. He got back to his feet and threw them onto the counter. I watched as Jimmy re ordered the coffees and his friend was still using a napkin, trying to scrub the coffee out of his shirt.

Once their new coffees were done, they grabbed them carefully. Jimmy apologized to the staff about the mess and they turned around. I was finally able to see his friend's face, which made me wanna gasp. He was absolutely gorgeous. He had brown eyes, high cheek bones, a little patch of facial hair on his chin that definitely complimented him well, and he had a nose ring in.

I wasn't the type of girl to go for guys like him. The rocker scene was never my taste when it came to guys, but I never really wanted to give guys like him a chance, because I was with Greg.

Now, it feels abnormal to me saying that I don't have a boyfriend. We dated for so long.

"Hey, what's your name?" Jimmy, the tall one asked. I didn't realize they were standing right in from of me until Jimmy spoke.

I quickly ran my hand through my hair, trying to get my thoughts back in order, "Kenslee." I spoke in quiet voice, keeping myself guarded.

Jimmy grinned, "I like that! My name is Jimmy and this is my best friend, Brian. Did you just move here?" He asked bluntly.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked, curiously.

He smiled, "Well, I think I would of known if I saw a pretty face like you before, so I knew you had to of just moved here."

A blush crept onto my cheeks at that comment, I noticed Brian staring at me and once he seen me blush, he started to smile.

I bit my lip and turned my attention back to Jimmy, "I just moved here yesterday to be exact. All the way from Michigan."

Both of their eyes widened, "Why so far?" Jimmy asked.

"My dad got a job here, so I followed my parents." I explained, feeling kind of bad that it wasn't some crazy story.

Jimmy started to laugh, "You still live with you parents? How old are you?"

Brian glared at his friend, "Dude you lived with you parents till you were 23."

He shut right up and I laughed, "Well, I'm 19. How old are you now?"

Jimmy looked at his shoes while saying, "24."

"I think I should be the one laughing at you, then." I stated with a smirk on my face and Brian chuckled, making Jimmy feel bad about even bringing that up.

Brian took a sip of his coffee and eyed me, "So how do you like Cali so far? It's gotta be a big change for you."

I shrugged my shoulders a bit, "It's a change that's for sure, but I'm actually enjoying it so far. It's beautiful."

Jimmy spoke up, "Do you miss Michigan at all?"

That question got me thinking and my answer definitely shocked me, "No, I don't."

I watched as Brian started grin, "Good, once you live here for a while, you'll never want to leave."

Jimmy's phone buzzed and he it pulled out of his pocket. I took that opportunity to take a sip of my own coffee. I almost forgot I even bought it.

Jimmy looked at Brian, "Matt's asking us where the fuck we're at."

Brian rolled his eyes and casually took another sip of his coffee. Jimmy typed something out on his phone before shoving it back into his pocket.

He looked at me sadly, "Well, it seems that we have to leave my dear."

That made me laugh at his seriousness and Brian even chuckled at it, too.

I smiled at them, "It was nice meeting you guys!"

Jimmy made another dramatic good-bye and Brian said his good-bye in more mannerly way. I watched them walk out the door and as they passed the window I was sitting by, Brian winked at me. I smiled back at him, making me realize I didn't care anymore about Greg Michealson.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long! I promise I'll be quicker with updates! (:

Thanks so much for the love so far on this story! I would see some more feedback! <3