Status: Coming Soon..

Forbidden Pleasures

Harper Collins

Kenslee.

A few days passed and I finally had all of my boxes un packed. My Dad started his new job and my Mom was busy with getting the house in order, the way she liked it. My online classes don't start till the end of the week, so I didn't really have much to do today. I decided to go downstairs and see if Mom needed help with anything. As I walked down the stairs, I heard a female voice, that wasn't my Mom. Once I got to the bottom, I seen my Mom standing there with a woman her age and a girl my age. The girl that was my age had bright red hair and brown eyes. The older woman had blonde hair with blue eyes.

My Mom noticed me standing there and motioned me over to them, "Kenslee, this is Mrs. Collins and her daughter, Harper. They are our next door neighbors." She informed me.

I shook both of their hands, "It's nice to meet you both."

Harper smiled at me, "Are you busy?"

"Actually, no. I'm already un packed and everything." I chuckled, finding this ironic.

She grinned, brightly, "Want me to show you around town?"

I nodded, "Sure, sounds like a plan." I followed her outside the door as our Moms told us to have fun. We walked around everywhere, she told me all the good stores to go to, good food places, and the hang out places everyone goes to. Harper was a nice girl, she seemed so innocent, which reminded me of myself. We walked more down the street and I spotted the Starbucks I went to a couple days ago.

"Hey, can we stop and get a coffee?" I asked, gesturing to the Starbucks.

Harper smiled, "Sure, I could go for an iced coffee."

We walked inside Starbucks and I saw Brian sitting at a table, typing away on his phone. Something inside of me, sparked. I smiled to myself and looked around to see if I could see his friend, Jimmy. I shrugged and figured he was alone. I watched his facial expressions change to angry as he typed on his phone harshly.

"Kenslee, what kind of coffee do you want?" Harper interrupted my thoughts.

I turned my attention to her, "Oh, um a caramel frappuccino." She ordered our coffees and we both paid for our own. Harper started talking about coffee. She was saying something about how much she used to hate it, but now she loves it. I wasn't really paying attention, I was wondering why Brian was upset. Maybe he had a fight with someone or something.

"We meet again." I heard that all too familiar voice from behind me.

A smile crept onto my face as I turned around to face him. He looked happy now, which made me feel better, knowing he was no longer angry. His deep brown eyes were gazing into mine, I felt speechless. I started to blush under his eye contact, "Guess so."

Harper cleared her throat and it snapped me out of my phase. Brian looked at her with his jaw tightened, "Hello, Harper. How are you?" It seemed forced, which made me think he didn't like her.

She rolled her eyes, "Good, now if you would excuse us?" Harper yanked me by my arm and pulled me out of the coffee shop.

I started to get confused, "What was that for?"

Harper let go of my arm, "How do you know Brian?" She asked, bluntly.

"I don't, really. I met him a couple days ago with his friend Jimmy." I explained, still not sure what was going on.

She nodded, "Alright, good. Stay away from Brian. He isn't a good guy."

That made me more interested, "What do you mean?"

"Just stay away from him, okay?!" She snapped.

I nodded, "Okay." I said in a quieter voice.

So many theories were running through my head to why Harper and Brian don't seem to get along, but I refused to believe anything, until I knew what really happened between them. I wanted to know more about Brian, but knowing Harper wasn't going to say anything to me, I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to figure that out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short-.-

Please give feedback? I really need some inspiration here...