Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

Sick Strange Darkness

I sat in my seat gripping the arm rests tightly. Something about taking off always made me cringe. Suddenly there was a huge blasting noise from the opposite side of the plane. It sounded to me as though it came from the front of the plane. The following sequences happened within seconds but felt as if I was moving in slow motion. I grabbed the man next to me as we hit what I thought was a large amount of turbulence. The plane dropped slightly, as the oxygen masks were dropped and screaming rang through the plane. I felt the plane start to dive as I grabbed tightly to the man besides me. I looked him in the eyes as he helped put the mask over my face. Before he could put his mask on, the plane was ripped in half. The force ripped the man from not only my arms but also the plane. I screamed bloody murder as I watched him plummet to his death. As I continued to scream as my piece of the plane plummeted to my death, I couldn’t help but think of berg. Flashbacks of everything we had been through flashed before my eyes. Seeing him in person for the first time at the charity event. His showing up at my bakery. Our first date on the boat. Going to his games. Partying. The first time we had sex. Our first fight. When he left me in DC. Meeting him in Vancouver. Meeting my parents. Then it hit me, I would never meet his parents. These were my last moments and I could scream for was him. I wish I could tell him I love him one last time. I prayed he would find somebody else and move on with his life. I prayed he would find happiness. As my mind flickered from thought to thought, a stray bag fell from the overhead, hitting me in the head and knocking me unconscious as the plane continued to plummet.

I woke up again in a boat as a man screamed things at me that I couldn’t understand. He wanted me to squeeze his hand. I think? My ears had shell shock. It must’ve been from the blast I just didn’t notice it in the frenzy. Rapidly I came to realize what was going on. Why I was in the boat and why I couldn’t hear him. I started to scream as the shock and fear struck my body full force.

“THE PLANE! OH MY GOD! IT- IT I-PATRICE! “ I screamed before blacking out again.

~~~~

Patrice got to the airport and waited for her flight to arrive. He walked around unsure of what was delaying her flight. Finally, he checked one of the flight arrival boards. HE noticed all flights from Boston had been cancelled. This confused him since he knew that Gabriella had gotten on her flight. Assuming the screens were mistaken he went up to an attendant and asked her about the Boston flights.

“You haven’t heard?” The attendant asked softly.

“Heard what?” Berg asked her suddenly realizing how sick to his stomach he felt. He had had this feeling ever since hanging up on Gabs, but tried to shake it off as nerves. Now he realized this feeling wasn’t for nothing as the poor woman’s eyes teared up he knew it wasn’t good.

“Sir I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Logan Airport had a serious complication. One of their planes crashed.”

“What? Which plane what flight was it?” Berg forced out through the pain and worry building in his stomach.

“Flight 198.”

“Oh god FUCK. No man it it can’t be her flight…” He knew it was but continued to scroll through his phone to see her text message confirming his worry.

From: Baby Girl @ 10:27 pm Wednesday: Hon answering your question from earlier my flights 198 I leave Tomorrow at 7:30 am I should be landing at 8:30 before customs and all that jazz. Talk to you later tonight baby <3

He fell to his knees as reality sunk in. The love of his life was killed in a plane crash.

“Sir there was 37 survivors reported so far. Your loved one could still be alive.” The woman said coming around her desk to help him back up to his feet.

Even though he knew he would regret doing this, he allowed himself this tiny bit of fake hope. “I need a flight to Boston please.” He said weakly.

“Sir Logan has closed. It isn’t accepting flights in or out until it finds the root of the problem. The best I can get you is a flight to New York and a rental car waiting for you.”

“Fine please I just need to get there as soon as possible.” The desperation in his voice was quite evident. As he pulled out his wallet.

“Alright, I can get you the next flight out of here. It leaves in 20 minutes so you are going to have to run. I can delay the plane for you the best I can sir. And don’t worry about the cost this one is on us. I’m Sorry for this tragedy.”

He took the ticket from her and ran to his gate as he hollered over his shoulder, “Thank you”

He made it to his plane just before they closed the doors. Now he had an hour flight with nothing but his thoughts to keep him company. Right now, his mind was his worst enemy.

~~~~

I regained consciousness at the hospital. I opened my eyes alarmed by the unfamiliar room I was in. I couldn’t remember how I had gotten here. The loud beeping of all the monitors I was attached to increased my anxiety. I fidgeted in the bed pulling at wires trying to remember what had happened to me. Suddenly there was a man at the door.

“Gabriella?” His voice was reassuring as he came over and stopped my hands from ripping out the wires I was hooked up on. “Do you know where you are right now?”

“Uh, UM Yea.” I said as I closed my eyes so I could focus on the right word. “I’m at the hospital.”

“Very good, Okay so do you know why you are here?” He asked another question.

I sat there trying to think, I could hear the heart monitor quicken as I became nervous, “NO, I can’t remember much before waking up here.” I said as tears started to come down my cheeks, “Why am I here?”

“Gabriella, you were in an accident, and sometimes people block out the memories so there brains can heal. You took a serious blow to the head that required some surgery. It went well, but as we feared, the swelling is impairing your memory. With therapy it’ll come back.”

I sat in the bed trembling, “So where is my family then?” I asked confused

“Well you had one emergency contact number, but they aren’t answering. You have to stay here a few days anyways as we do surgery on your arm and leg.”

For the first time I noticed my arm and leg were both in a cast. My heart monitor quickened again “Oh,” I said suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. Then the room went grey and slowly faded to black.

~~~~

Once he got off the plane, Patrice flew through customs and went straight to the rental place. From there he got a car and started driving to Boston. The GPS told him he had a 4-hour drive ahead of him. He sped down the highway feeling his heart sink in his chest every time he doubt the little hope of her alive he had. He turned the radio on so he could listen to any news about the crash he could get his hands on. He found out that it fell almost immediately after take-off, and that patients were being taken to Mass General. As he listened, he continued to speed down the highway trying to get to her as fast as he could. When he got there and found out she had died he had no inkling of how he was going to be able to handle any of it. He had finally found the love of his life. They were engaged; his life was perfect this morning when he woke up, and now he drove hanging onto the tiny thread of a chance she could be one of those 37 survivors. Everything in him ached for her. To hear her voice, to feel her warmth, to see her smile, for even a moment of any of these he was willing to give up everything he ever had.

~~~~

I woke up again this time trying to be quiet so the nurse wouldn’t come give me drugs to knock me out again. I pulled the covers off my body and stared down at my legs, examining the cast. I had to blink a couple of times trying to reassure my brain I was seeing things, when I reached down and touched my leg in the cat I realized that it wasn’t a cast at all. It was prosthetic. That’s when I lost it. Screaming and kicking with my now one leg, I had a mental break down. The nurses came rushing in.

“Put her down.” The one yelled as I felt a sharp pinch in my arm.

Suddenly I was taken over by the only thing that was familiar to me as I layed in the bed, darkness. Sick, strange, unfeeling darkness. It had become my only comfort I knew since I had awoke here in the bed completely lost of the life I once knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go!! Chapter 1 Let me know what you guys think please!!! your comments are always such an encouragement for me to keep writing these stories. YO unever disappoint. love all the support you all offer me <3