Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

These Little Lights of Mine

“Babe are you home?” I called into the house as I strolled through the front door.

It was February now, making me four months into my pregnancy. My bump had started to show just enough to make me have to wear loose fitting clothes when I left the house so it didn’t cause any media spills. I searched the downstairs looking all over for Pat. I wasn’t sure if he was home from his roadie yet, and I had a baby appointment in a half hour I had to get to.

“Love?” I called again as I walked up the stairs to the bedrooms. Hearing something in the baby’s room I poked my head in to find Patrice struggling to put together a crib.

“You’re home.” He said looking slightly deflated when he saw me, “I was hoping to surprise you.” His cheeks turning a slightly blushed color.

“Baby I love it.” I said encouragingly, “Thank you so much for being so good to me.” I said stepping over the scattered crib pieces to give him a kiss.

“How’s the Bakery?’ He asked holding me in his arms as close as what felt like my huge baby bump kept us apart slightly.

“Good and your flight home?” I asked him looking into his eyes.

“Short.” He said smiling down at me.

I almost forgot why I was looking for him in the first place as I stared into his brown eyes, “Well I’m glad it was; now you’ll be able to go to my baby appointment with me.” I said smiling at him.

A huge grin spread across his face, “You have one today?’ he asked excitedly. So far all of my appointments had been when he was away, and even though they hadn’t been very interesting Pat still felt that he was missing out on so much.

“Yea, we have to leave now actually.” I said taking him by the hand and leading him out to the car.

~~~~

We sat in the waiting room waiting for the doctor. I could tell Patrice was nervous by how he couldn’t stay still. He was currently fidgeting with magazine flipping pages before even reading and shaking his leg.

I let my hand fall on his thigh as I whispered in his ear softly, “Relax baby.”

“That obvious?” He asked smirking at me.

“Just a little.” I held up my fingers in a pinching fashion as I spoke.

His expression softened as he laughed quietly beside me before placing a kiss to my temple. I leaned into him as he wrapped an affectionate arm around me.

“Miss Martel.” A nurse called.

“That’s us.” I said standing and following her down a hall into an exam room with Pat.

“Go ahead and relax on the table here.” The nurse said to me.

I went ahead and laid back against it as we both waited for the doctor to come in. Softly I felt Patrice lay his hand on my shoulder as we waited once again.

“Hello Gabriella how are you doing today?” The doctor asked as he came rushing in.

“Good my nausea and vomiting have gone away. I actually feel really great for being the size of a house.” I said laughing lightly.

“You are quite a small house then.” The doctor said sticking my legs up into stirrups as he examined me. “Well everything seems to be in order; I just want to do an ultrasound to be sure.” The doctor said leaving the room.

“We’re gonna get to see the baby?” Patrice asked excitedly.

“That’s what he said.” I said taking his hand in mine, “It’s amazing.” I said just as the doctor came back wheeling in the machine.

He jelled up my stomach and started moving the wand around until our little peanut showed up on the screen. I felt Patrice’s grasp on my hand grow even tighter as the doctor explained what we were seeing on the screen, toes, hands, and face. And toes?

“Wait a moment.” The doctor said looking closely at the machine. “Is that?”

“Is that what?” Patrice asked nervously.

I sat there scared out of my mind knowing that good things don’t seem to happen to me. I said a silent prayer hoping everything was okay.

“I’m seeing two babies, I’m proud to inform you, you’re having twins.” The doctor said.

It felt as though the wind had been knocked out of me as I laid there looking at Patrice stunned.

“How is it we just know caught this doctor?” Pat asked looking at me for some kind of reaction.

“Well the other ultra sounds you may have had the baby could’ve been hiding, basically you mistake both babies as the one.” The doctor explained.

Finally a wave of calm settled over me, “Were having twins.” I said giving Patrice a warm loving smile.

He returned the sentiment as he placed a kiss to my lips.

“Well would you like more news? I can tell you the sexes if you’d like.” The doctor said smiling at us.

I looked up at Pat for confirmation before agreeing, “Yes please doctor.” I said excitedly.

“Alright let’s take a look then,” the doctor said moving the wand around my stomach.

“Ones definitely a boy.” The doctor said instantly causing a little Patrice to pop into my mind.

Our baby boy would look just like his father handsome as ever with those teddy bear brown eyes and boyish charm. Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I looked back up at Patrice looking a little misty himself.

“Congrats Daddy.” I said pulling him in for a kiss.

“And a girl.” The doctor said smiling, “Looks like you’ve got the best of both worlds.”

Then thoughts of a beautiful baby girl popped into my head having a mix of our features and being all dressed up in frilly bows and dresses by her mommy.

“Congrats Mommy.” Patrice said giving me yet another kiss and, after the doctor had wiped the goo from my tummy, stuck his hand to my stomach, “Can’t wait to see you guys for real.” the pride in his eyes was enough to make me start crying again.

“We’re gonna need to build another crib.” I said giving Pat a smirk as I wiped away the happy tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
TWINS Aaaaahhhhh!!!!! haha been waiting for the perfect moment to reveal this thought why not now!! I figured after the last chapters being so serious we should have a fun happy one. Hope you all enjoyed I know its short but I just wanted to get this out there, next chapter will be longer trust me :)
Thanks for all the support you guys means the world to me xoxo