Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

Never Seen A Star Shine So Bright As you

“Thanks for the ride.” Patrice said waving to Milan as he marched up the few steps leading up to his house. He was happy to be home after winning game 6 against the Kings. They had won 3 out of 5 and only needed one more win to finish everything. Being back at the Stanley Cup Finals never felt so right, but it was definitely hard leaving his pregnant wife at home. Every second he was worried about whether she would go into an early delivery, which at seven months was unlikely but not unheard of. He couldn’t wait to get inside and snuggle up to her and his kids, to feel them kick as he spoke to them late at night. He was dying for that connection.

Slinging his gym bag over his shoulder, Patrice fiddled with his keys trying to unlock the door. Finally he got it; slowly he opened the door trying to be quiet so he would wake Gabriella. He pulled his suitcase in the door and shut it silently behind him. Exhausted he left his bags in the hall and walked into the kitchen in search of a glass of water before bed. He grabbed a small glass and stuck it under the spout on the refrigerator. Tiptoeing up the stairs he almost missed her asleep on the couch. He caught a glimpse of her passed out with her one arm tossed over her head. Coming back down the stairs, Patrice set his glass down before lifting her into his arms being careful not to disturb her. As if instinctively Gabriella snuggled into his warm chest while Patrice carried her up the stairs. Skipping the stair before the top that always creaked; he made his way to the bedroom. Patrice balanced her in his one arm as he pulled down the blankets to the bed and gently laid her down. Slipping under the covers beside her he wrapped an arm around her and rubbed his face in her hair taking in the sweet scent of her coconut shampoo. It had only been two days, but Patrice was realizing just how much he had missed her. Suddenly with her by his side again he felt this overwhelming peace pass over him.

“Babe?” I asked slowly stirring awake.

“I’m here Love, go back to sleep.” He said rubbing my head gently.

“I need a kiss first.” I said wiggling in his arms so that I was now face to face with him.

He placed a kiss to my lips first and then started to peck all over my face causing me to giggle, “You played well tonight.” I said hiding my face in his chest from his lips.

“I could’ve done a little better.” Pat said shrugging.

“Babe shut up.” I said laughing.

“What?” He asked defensively.

“You’re a spectacular hockey player just accept it you did great tonight.” I said rubbing my hands up his sides causing him to shiver slightly.

“Okay, thank you, that means a lot coming from my overly biased #1 fan.” He said laughing softly as he kissed my forehead, “Now get some sleep.”

“Tell me you love me first.” I teased as I gave each of his cheeks a kiss.

“I love you right up to the moon Cherie.” Patrice said nipping at my ear.

“I love you right up to the moon and back.” I said yawing as I snuggled in even closer and quickly drifted back off to sleep

~~~~

“Babe,” I could hear Patrice calling me from my sleep, “Baby, your boobs, are umm, Babe your boobs are leaking everywhere!” Patrice said laughing.

I opened my eyes and did my best at sitting up in our now wet bed. I cupped my boobs as they continued leaking.

“What do we do?” Patrice asked me concerned.

“Wait for it to stop?” I asked confused as I slowly got up from our bed and made my way to the bathroom.

“Give me a second I’m looking it up online.” Patrice called to me.

“I think it might have stopped.” I said unsure.

“Are you sure?” He asked poking his head in the bathroom.

“Yea remember those circle looking pads I got at the baby shower?” I asked waiting for Patrice to nod, “Can you grab them out for me Babe?”

“Yea give me a second.” Patrice said coming back a moment later with a package in his hands.

“Thank you.” I said taking them from him and tripling them up before sticking them in my sports bra.

Patrice just looked at me mystified, “That’s what those are for?”

“Yea what did you think they were for?” I asked smiling at him as I went into the bedroom to strip the bed.

“I thought they were like little napkins for the baby.” Patrice said turning a slight red color.

“Oh Babe you are so cute.” I gushed as I stuck all of the bedding in a hamper. Holding my back with my hands I had to stop and catch my breath from fatigue.

“Why don’t you take a seat while I clean this thing up.” Pat said helping me to my vanity chair.

I watched as Patrice dried and remade our bed. I felt even more exhausted from watching him. This third trimester was kicking my butt.

“Come and get back to sleep now, you need your rest.” Patrice said beckoning me with his arm.

I got up and crawled back into bed attempting to get comfortable, something I had realized was much more difficult to do now. When I didn’t feel Patrice get into bed with me I sat up confused only to see him undressing in the bathroom.

“You aren’t coming back to bed?” I asked.

“Morning Practice is in an hour Babe.” Pat said grinning at me, “It’s 9 o’clock.”

“Oh my goodness I feel as though it’s 3 in the morning.” I said wiping at my eyes.

“Well the doctor said you would feel tired again once you reached seven months.” Patrice said walking back over to me in nothing but his boxers. He carefully laid me back down and set his pillows up around my tummy like a barrier and pulled the covers up around me. “Are you comfortable?” He asked as he fluffed my pillow for me.

“I’m wonderful, thank you Babe.” I said kissing him before he shut the light out and walked into the bathroom.

I shut my eyes laying there for a few minutes when my belly rumbled loudly. I was starving. Deciding I could take a nap later with Patrice before the game, I got out of bed and tiptoed downstairs in nothing but a tank top and a pair of underwear in search of some breakfast. Opening the fridge I realized it had been way too long since I had gone grocery shopping. There were a few stray boxes of leftover takeout and four bottles of various health shakes and powders Patrice used. That left me only one option.

~~~~

“Baby I thought you were sleeping?” Patrice asked as he came down the stairs still towel drying his hair.

“I was hungry so I got us some breakfast.” I called from the kitchen as I sat at the breakfast bar.

“Donuts?” Patrice asked me laughing as he saw the box open on the counter and me eating a Boston crème.

“I even picked up your favorite.” I said as I took another messy bite of mine.

“This is not on the meal plan.” Patrice said picking out a strawberry frosted.

“Yea that’s why it’ll taste so good.” I said laughing.

“Thanks Hon, I’ve gotta head out though.” He said kissing me quick on the cheek and heading out the door.

I finished my donut and walked into the living room to lie down on the couch and passed out. Hours later a very hungry Patrice showed up after their practice.

“Hey Babe.” Patrice said patting my side gently as he walked passed me into the kitchen.

“Hey.” I said still half asleep.

“Wanna go get some lunch?” He asked coming back into the living room whilst downing a water bottle.

“Yea sure let me just go get some clothes on.” I said getting up and stretching slowly before I made my way upstairs. I decided going completely low key and picked out a simple sundress through it on with a pair of flats and met Patrice at the door.

“Simply beautiful.” Patrice whispered in my ear before he placed a kiss to my cheek.

“Thanks.” I said taking his hand as we walked out the door. I got into the car and buckled my seatbelt when I had to rush out and back into the house a couple minutes later I came back and got in the car with Patrice.

“Had to pee again?” He asked smirking at me.

“Every five minutes.” I said rolling my eyes. Pregnancy was not for the weak that is for sure.

“Just think only two months and we will have not only one baby but two.” Patrice said as he turned onto the next street.

“I’m ready for these two jelly beans to be outta here.” I said giving my belly a gentle rub.

Patrice gave me an understanding look, “I know this pregnancy hasn’t been very easy on you, especially because we didn’t plan this, but thank you for suffering through everything for our kids Babe.” He said giving my cheek a kiss at the red light.

“You would do the same if you could.” I said giving him a warm smile. “Thank you for being so supportive through all of this.”

“I’m not sure how supportive I have been I’ve been gone for most of it.” He said looking slightly hurt.

“You’ve been the best dad and husband our family could ever ask for.” I said giving him a soft kiss to his temple as I took his free hand in my own.

“Do you mean that, really though?” He asked as he pulled into a parking space and shut the car off, “Be honest with me Gabriella.” Patrice said looking over at me seriously.

“Pat, Baby,” I said running my hands along his cheek, “I’ve never seen a more tender sight than when you talk to our babies. They already adore you, the minute you speak I feel them flip over and kick excitedly. You go out of your way to get things set up for when they are born, and take excellent care of me all the while being an amazing hockey player. You are without a doubt superman.”

“I don’t think I’m superman.” Patrice said grinning at me.

“You’re my superman.” I said kissing him on the mouth.

He just shook his head as he got out of the car and walked around to open my door for me.

“You’re very sappy.” He said as he helped me out of the car.

“Oh and you aren’t?” I asked laughing.

“Yea but it’s not like you to be like this.” He said as he gave me a kiss to the forehead as we walked into our favorite Northend restaurant, Monica’s.

“What do you mean it’s not like me? You don’t think I’m affectionate?” I asked slightly shocked.

Once at our table Patrice started to explain what he meant, “That isn’t what I meant, I mean you aren’t usually one to be vocal about how they feel. Like I know you care and whatever and you say you love me, but I’ve never heard you say I’m you’re something.” He said smiling at me, “I don’t know really, but I like that you did.”

I reached across the table to hold his hand, “You’re mine.” I said grinning widely, “How was that?”

Patrice instantly smiled, “That was the best thing I’ve heard all day.”

~~~~

“Baby, wake up Babe.” I said softly lulling Pat awake. “Handsome, come on time to wake up.”

“I’m here.” He said groggily as he wrapped his arms around me. “What time is it?”

“It’s. Four. O’. Clock.” I said kissing him between words.

“Okay.” He said nuzzling his face in my hair. “You smell good.” He mumbled into my neck placing soft kisses everywhere he could.

“Babe you need to get out of bed. I made your gym bag all up and packed you your protein bars, but you need to get your suit on.” I said enjoying the attention I was getting.

“You’re right.” He sighed as he gave me one last kiss, “Thanks, are you gonna come in with me?”

“Seeing it’ll be the last home game of the season, of course.” I said getting up off the bed.

“Okay well I’ll probably head out in ten minutes then.” Patrice said as he walked in our walk-in closet and picked out his suit.

~~~~

“Hey want to come back down here after pregame?” Patrice asked looking at me admiringly.

“Yea sure Hon, if you want me to.” I said wrapped securely in his arms just outside the locker room.

“I need you to.” Patrice said placing a kiss on my forehead, “Same place as always?”

“Wouldn’t want to jinx our pregame ritual.” I said winking at him before heading back upstairs to the stands.

I found my seat next to Brittany and Valentina this time down near the ice. I had convinced Patrice that I needed to be down here for a game this important, and after much persuasion he finally let me.

“Aunty!” Valentina cheered once she saw me.

“Hi princess.” I said as she wrapped her arms around my belly and gave it two kisses.

“There. One for each baby.” She said proudly.

“They liked that.” I said ruffling her hair softly. “So are you excited to watch Daddy play tonight?”

“Yea Mommy let me come even though it’s past my bed time.” Vally said smiling as she ate some of her snacks.

“Wow that was so nice of Mumma huh?”

“Yea she’s the bestest!” she said excitedly.

Before we could talk much more Sheena came down to sit with us. She had just had her babies two weeks ago and already looked stunning.

“Hey girls!” She said taking her seat next to me.

“Speaking of girls where are the little muffins?” I asked her.

“We got a baby sitter so I could enjoy watching Johnny and go out later.” She said smiling sweetly at me, “You must be due soon.” She beamed as she gave my tummy a gentle rub.

“I’m two months from my due date, but something tells me there gonna be early.” I said honestly.

“Well you better soak up all the alone time the two of you can get because once he sees you give birth you won’t be getting some for quite some time, as if you’ll have even have the time.” Sheena said laughing, “We both did this the hard way, twins were not a good plan.”

“Yea I doubt that’ll be a problem since he felt the babies move we’ve been practically celibate.” I said sighing frustratedly.

“What do you mean by any?” Sheena asked looking at me slightly shocked.

“I mean that the only action I’ve had in 3 months has been one make out session. It’s like I’m back in high school.” I said throwing my hands up in the air.

“I got way more action than that in high school honey,” Sheena said laughing.

“It isn’t funny.” I said trying to get her to be serious.

“Maybe tonight will be the night.” Sheena said giving my arm a pat.

“I doubt it; he just doesn’t find me attractive anymore.” I said trying to hold back the hurt.

“Oh honey that is definitely not the case, you’re having twins and are still smaller than most people having one baby. Maybe he’s just nervous about hurting you. I know Johnny was he thought he would break my water.” She said giggling with me.

“Guys are so cocky!” I said laughing.

“I know, but trust me he will come around. Just be patient.” She said smiling at me. “Just enjoy the game and sweetie in that dress no man could keep their hands off you not even Pat.”

“Thanks Sheena.” I said hugging her tightly as I saw the guys skating off the ice, “I’m gonna head down to wish him luck I’ll be back.”

~~~~

I walked hurriedly down the hall saying a few hello’s to the management and press. I rounded the corner to Patrice’s and I’s pregame closet.

“Hey.” I said softly as I stepped in being sure to swiftly shut the door behind me.

“Hi.” Patrice said pulling me flush against him and consuming me in a fiery kiss.

I had to blink a few times as he let me go so I could regain my composure, “Where’d that come from?” I asked resting my head against his chest.

“You just look stunning tonight is all.” Pat said holding me in his arms.

“You’re so sweet.” I said hoping that it maybe Sheena was right. A part of me wanted to confront him about how I had been feeling right here and now, but the better part knew it wouldn’t be fair to dump on him before a big game. “You’re gonna play amazing tonight I can tell.”

“Yea? How’s that?” Pat asked looking down at me.

“First off the babies haven’t stopped bouncing around since we entered the Garden.” I said holding my bump.

“Already hockey fans.” Patrice said grinning proudly.

“Secondly, I know how hard you’ve worked for this and I know that you have always risen to the occasion. Night in and night out you have come ready to play, tonight won’t be any different trust me.”

“I love you.” Patrice whispered as he kissed me again.

“How come?” I asked smiling up at him with sparkling eyes.

“Because you are always so confident in me.” He said squeezing me tightly.

“Hey I can’t help that I married a champion.” I said.

Patrice simply grinned down at me, “Thank you Babe, I couldn’t go out there each night if it wasn’t for your pep talks.”

“You’d be just fine, now go out there and score a couple for your three biggest fans.” I said giving him another kiss. Pulling a way gently Patrice held me there taking my breath away with a slew of kisses.

A loud bang on the door pulled us away from our moment, “Hey this isn’t the love shack let’s go.” We could hear Brad say laughing.

“Good luck.” I said placing one last kiss on his lips before opening the door and walking out with him. I made my way back up stairs and grabbed some food before heading back to sit with the girls. I made it just in time to catch the puck drop.

The game felt like it was over in a blink. We were down to the last minute and the score was still 0-0. Claude had called a time out and was drawing up every possibility for the bruins hoping to give them the extra push before laying it all out on the ice. I had this intense flutter going on in my stomach and thought it was just nerves until I realized that my baby had the hiccups.

I stuck my hand to my stomach tenderly giving it a rub, knowing my babies were just as nervous as their mommy. “You can do this Patrice.” I whispered really wishing I could down a beer to take away the edge.

I watched intently as Patrice lined up at the hash marks waited with the rest of his line to take the faceoff. I looked down as I saw both Sheena and Brittany holding my hands tightly, when we had started that I couldn’t tell you. I watched intensely as Patrice won the face off back to Zdeno. They ran their cycles trying to get opportunity after opportunity. The Kings were able to chip the puck down to our side of the ice, but weren’t able to capitalize. It’s insane how long sixty seconds can feel, but we were down to the last twenty as Brad Marchand and Reilly Smith skated up the ice with Patrice looking to give it everything they had in this last odd man rush of the period. They handled the 2-3 perfectly Brad splitting the defenseman allowing Patrice to shoot the puck. Everyone in the Garden rose to their feet in celebration only to be let down when they realized it had been a glove save. You could see the look of defeat on Pat’s face turn to determination as he skated back over to the hash marks for the last face off of the period. There were a final five seconds on the clock, and nobody wanted overtime. I wasn’t sure my already frayed nerves could handle something like that.

“Come on Baby.” I said under my breath as I watched him once again win the face off this time to Brad, I knew what they were going to try now. It was a play I had seen them run in practice way too often. I knew that when Patrice got the puck back we were not only going to win this game, but the Stanley Cup. I rose to my feet cheering as I saw Brad shoot the puck intentionally wide, Patrice picked up the rebound and shot for the five hole. The puck hit the back of the net just as the buzzer rang igniting the crowds of people into hysterics. I couldn’t contain my joy as tears flowed freely down my cheeks and Patrice skated up to the ice in front of me pointing at me as he was bombarded by his screaming teammates. After everything they had put in this season Stanley was finally once again theirs.

“I can’t even breathe right now.” Brittany said holding a very happy Valentina in her arms as she jumped around cheering.

“Let’s get down there and see the guys.” Sheena said as she exited our row.

I did my best to keep up with them but it was harder for me to slip in and out between the crowds of happy people. Having given up on staying with them I took my time weaving through the masses of people until I was onslaught with a group of girls.

“HEY WE KNOW YOU!” They said excitedly, “You’re Bergy’s girlfriend right?” They asked looking star struck.

“Well wife actually, but yea.” I said smiling.

“He was so amazing!” One of them gushed followed by the other two agreeing.

“Yea he’s pretty special.” I said grinning, “Well it was nice meeting you ladies, but if I don’t get down there soon Pat’ll start to worry.”

“Can we get a picture first?” They asked sounding so cute.

“Sure.” I said smiling for our picture.

“Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.” They called after me as I finished making my way downstairs.

The whole place was swarmed with people from various media teams and family members. I had to have someone from security help clear a way for me to get down to the ice. Once on ice level the security guard offered me a set of crampons. I happily took them knowing that I would need all the help I could get staying up on the ice.

I spotted Pat, but took my time getting over to him. Brad spotted me and left his interview to give me a hand getting over to him.

“What took you so long getting down here?” He asked grinning from ear to ear.

“I can’t exactly slip past people.” I said motioning towards my belly.

“Oh.” Brad said laughing, “Yea I can see that being a problem.”

Once I was close enough to Berg he let me go to go congratulate some of the guys. I walked over slowly stopping just out of frame while he finished up an interview. He caught eyes with me for a moment and instantly smiled wider than before. Ignoring the question he was just asked, Patrice scooped me up in his arms before spinning me around.

“I did it Babe.” He whispered in my ear gently.

“I knew you would, I wish you could’ve felt the babies, they got the hiccups.” I said laughing gently as happy tears streamed down my cheeks.

“What’s the matter?” He asked gently turning so that I was out of view from all the cameras.

“I’m just so proud of you.” I said going up on my tippy toes to give him a little kiss.

“I wouldn’t be here without you.” He said gently wiping away my tears.

“Yes you would, you were born to be great.” I said smiling up at him.

“Sometimes I wish I could see myself the way you see me.” He said turning back to the cameras so he could finish the interview.

“We’ll be quick because we are sure you’d like to celebrate, how do you feel about finally being able to shave?” The man asked him.

Patrice looked down at me and let out a halfhearted laugh, “Well I can’t wait to get rid of the sucker, but I think my wife wants to keep it.”

“Well that’s a first, is that true?” He asked me shocked.

“Maybe trimmed down a bit but other than that I’m all for the beard.” I said giving his cheek a gentle rub.

“You heard her Patrice, well congratulations man.”

“Thank you.” Pat said before taking me by the hand and whisking me off for some more on ice celebration. I was passed around congratulating and celebrating with the guys while we waited for the cup ceremony. There were so many people on the ice it was a little over whelming. I stood off to the side with some of the girls when I got this overly intense pain in my lower back. It was so sudden that I hunched off in pain unable to hide it.

“Oh my god are you alright?” Brittany asked wrapping an arm around me for support.

“Oh, yea um the babies just kicked really hard is all.” I said trying to straighten out. I had been having Braxton hicks all week and assumed that this was just more extreme because I was tired from such a long day. “Are you sure?” Brittany asked not taking her hands off me.

“Yea I feel fine now.” I said forcing a smile.

Before she could prod me any longer they brought the cup out onto the ice. We all watched excitedly as Chara lifted it in the air cheering so loud we could hear him above the crowds. He took a few rounds and then passed it off to Patrice. I watched as he lit up hollering and cheering as he circled around the ice. Just as the pain started to get seriously bad it was gone just like that. It wasn’t until it was gone that I realized my eyes were clamped shut and my breathing was pretty labored.

“Okay, what is going on?” Brittany asked now more determined than ever.

“Brittany just drop it.” I said regaining my composure, “I’m just tired and the babies are moving around. I’m fine.” I said trying to mentally reassure myself.

She just shook her head and watched as David Krejci passed the cup to her husband while her daughter excitedly cheered for her daddy. I looked up just in time to see Patrice walking back over to me happily. I put on my strongest face and closed the gap between us.

“How’d that feel Handsome?” I asked snaking my arms around him.

“Indescribable.” He said still grinning as he walked us into the locker room where even more celebrating was going on. Champagne was going everywhere and the smell of cigar smoke was thick in the air. I looked on happily as Patrice took an entire bottle of champagne to the face from Chara. Everyone was having such a good time I just felt so relieved knowing that Pat had made it again. He was a Stanley Cup Champion.

Once the celebration was mostly done at the Garden rounds of guys were getting the schedule together of what clubs they were hitting up around town. We all were walking out to the parking lot together when the pain hit me again, this time I was able to hide everything except a small grimace. Of course it didn’t go undetected by Patrice.

“What is it?” He asked checking me over from head to toe as the rest of the team walked passed us.

“Babies are just a little excited is all.” I said trying to keep trudging pushing aside my fears so that Pat could enjoy his night.

“Be nice to Mumma.” Pat said giving my stomach a gentle rub.

~~~~

I went to one club for about an hour before I could hardly stand I was so tired. I found Patrice with the guys partying.

“Honey I’m gonna catch a ride home with Sheena. Have fun tonight but be safe okay?”

“Are you sure, we can just go home if you want.” Patrice said wrapping his arms around me.

“Yea Pat I want you to enjoy your night. I love you.” I said kissing him goodnight before walking out with the girls and getting in my car.

I dropped Sheena off at her house and made the quick drive to my house before collapsing into my bed utterly exhausted. I was awakened in the middle of the night with that same sharp pain just severely intensified. Nervously I tried to get up causing the pain to grow. I immediately reached for my phone and called my midwife.

Thankfully she picked up on like the third ring, “Hello?” She answered sleepily.

“Hi, this is Gabriella Bergeron, I’m sorry to be calling so late but I’m afraid I might be going into labor.”

“Gabriella can you tell me what your symptoms are?” She asked in a very calm voice.

“I started having this sharp pain that starts in my lower back and then end in my pelvis area. It started about well, 10 hours ago.” I said looking at my clock. “It goes away in about a few minutes but then doesn’t come back for hours like my last one was 4 hours ago.”

“Alright, well I don’t think this is labor pains I think it’s just your body getting ready. Now if this time between contractions starts getting smaller like within an hour call me back right away. Right now I say get a hot compress and lay it over your pelvis this should relax you. If it doesn’t go away then I suggest going in and getting checked for a UTI or yeast infection this is very common during the third trimester. Other than that there’s not much I can tell you, just take it easy tomorrow honey.”

“Alright thank you Karen.” I said already feeling better.

“Any other questions or concerns?” She asked.

“No that’ll do it, thank you so much, and again I’m sorry for calling so early.”

“Don’t worry about it it’s exactly what I’m here for.” She said before we both hung up.

I sighed heavily feeling relieved nothing serious was happening. That’s when it dawned on me that it was 6 in the morning and Patrice still wasn’t home. I had to laugh, knowing he was having the time of his life with the boys. A part of me was even a little jealous I wasn’t able to celebrate with all of them. Being pregnant I wasn’t a huge hit at the club, but Pat had still hit the floor with me while I was there. He was such a good Hubby. I thought to myself as I forced myself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I had to laugh at what a disaster I looked like. My makeup was smeared every which way and my hair was just one big knot on top of my head. I reeked of Champagne and cigars, something no pregnant woman should smell like. Giggling I got in the shower and washed the night before off of me and replaced it with scents of coconuts. Just as I was shutting the water off I heard the front door shut. I quickly dried off and walked over to the stairs to see Patrice come waltzing in with several of his teammates. Horrified I ran back into the bedroom before they could see me in just my towel. Once I was behind closed doors I let out a huge fit of the giggles.

“That could have been so bad.” I said to myself as I quickly pulled on some clothes before heading back downstairs to several of the guys passed out on the couch in the living room. Quietly I strolled into the kitchen to find Patrice standing in front of the fridge with the door open. I tiptoed behind him and wrapped my arms carefully around his toned chest and placed soft kisses down his neck and between his shoulder blades. When I didn’t get a response from him, I looked around him so I could see his face. He was out cold with his mouth slightly ajar as he breathed in slowly.

“Baby,” I said gently rubbing his face gently with the palm of my hand. I swept his thick hair out of his face before I placed a kiss to cheek, “Baby go get in bed.”

“Huhmm,” He mumbled as he slowly stirred awake, “I was gonna make you breakfast.” He said in a voice barely audible.

“You did great now come on let’s get you upstairs and into bed.” I said slowly guiding him out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Once we were alone in our bedroom I closed the door behind us. Patrice stood in the middle of the room like a zombie. “Let’s get you out of these clothes.” I said being quick to unbutton his shirt and slipping it off his shoulders.

“The guys are just down stairs babe.” He said laughing to himself.

His breath reeked of alcohol as he leaned down speaking right at my face. A drunken Patrice was a pretty rare occasion mainly because he knew what a goofball he could be when he was drunk. “Uh huh honey I know don’t worry we’re just getting you into bed.”

“You know, I have the prettiest wife in the whole wide world.” He said kind of loudly. “She’s got great tits.”

“She sounds very nice.” I said unable to hold in my laughter as I slipped his pants down to his ankles and helped him step out of them before helping him into the bed. I tucked him in carefully and left him a full bottle of water, a PowerAde, and a bottle of aspirin on his nightstand before kissing him softly on the cheek and heading back downstairs.

Once back downstairs I grabbed my keys and locked the door behind me before getting into my car. We still had zero groceries in our house so I was off to the grocery store so that I could cook the guys up a good meal. It didn’t take long for me to round up everything I needed and get back to the house. Now came the hard part, cooking while being quite so I didn’t wake any of them up. I was planning on letting the scent of bacon do that for me. While I let the butter melt in the pan I waddled into the living room with my arms full of water bottles. I counted seven of the guys flopped out on our sectional- Brad, Danny, Johnny, Milan, Loui, Torey, and last of all Reilly. They were slightly adorable all snuggled on the couch together minus the snoring and pungent smell of bear they would have been straight up precious. As I walked back into the kitchen I realized that the probability of the drunken stench ever coming out the couch completely was slim, but I tried not to worry about it. I was happy they had partied ‘til they dropped.

I was mostly done cooking everything when the guys from the living room wandered into the kitchen. They looked rough. Especially Brad.

“You cooked us breakfast?” Johnny said happily as he gave me a tight hug.

“You guys deserved it.” I said smiling as I set out plates and cups. “Foods in the dining room, I’ll bring the pancakes in when they’re done.”

“Did you make the banana chocolate chip ones Pat always brings to morning skates?” Torey asked a little too excited.

I had to laugh, “Yea Torey I did.”

“Aw man thanks, you are seriously the sweetest.” He said giving my cheek a quick peck before following the other boys into the dining room.

I finished cooking up the rest of the pancakes and brought them into the guys before sitting down to eat with them. By now they were looking much cheerier and we’re back to their usual antics of chirping each other. We we’re all so excited for the parade, me especially. This would be my first parade with the team; needless to say I was jumping out of my skin. After breakfast the guys were kind enough to do the dishes for me so I could go try to wake up Pat.

I crept up the stairs and tiptoed into the bedroom before softly laying down in the bed besides a still sound asleep Berg. I laid there and watched him as his chest slowly rose with each breath he took. There he was my champion. Letting my hand run through his hair and down his jaw line, I watched as he slowly came to. He snuggled his playoff beard covered cheek into the palm of my hand before giving it a soft kiss.

“Partied hard, huh?” I asked being sure to speak gently aware of the cruising head ache he was going to have. Carefully leaning over him I grabbed the aspirin and drinks of the bedside table and handed them to him. “Here take these, they’ll help.” I said as I tenderly place a kiss to his forehead.

“Thanks.” He said probably the groggiest I had ever heard him. “The guys are downstairs FYI.” He said before downing a few pills and the rest of the bottle of water.

“Yea they’re already all awake, I made them breakfast, but I came up here to see if you were hungry.” I said brushing a way his shaggy hair.

“Starving.” He groaned.

“Okay, well why don’t you take a shower and wake up a bit while I cook you some eggs and pancakes.” I said once again kissing him on the forehead before slipping off the bed. Before I could get very far though, Pat had held my wrist in his hand as if his gaze wasn’t enough to hold me there.

“You are so wonderful.” He said giving me his million dollar smile causing me to blush as I walked out of the bed room a smile plastered on my face. I couldn’t help it, life was perfect right now. Finally I would have Patrice all to myself, and I wouldn’t have to share him with anybody else. But as if things couldn’t get better, he won the Stanley Cup, kicking our summer off with a huge bang.

I felt like Snow White as I fluttered down the stairs and into the kitchen singing a song I didn’t know the words to. I paused mid chorus as I realized that I still had a handful of hockey players in my kitchen who were currently staring at me. That was until Loui broke into the rest of the chorus carrying the rest of us with him. One thing was for sure I loved my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! So a long update this time, yaayyyy Stanley Cup Champions!! So I had two different chapters written out for this update, but I decided on them winning. Sorry to those Kings fans out there, I'm a biased Boston girl haha :) OOOH and a little baby drama luckily nothing too serious, just a little paranoid mama :P Anyways hopefully have the next chapter up on Sunday! I know I say this at pretty much every chapter, but I can't thank you guys enough for all the support you have showed me. Believe it or not you all have a huge impact on my life so thank you :) I hope your new years have all started out great, mine is coming with a lot of changes, most of which weren't planned. That's life though. I feel like the things you plan for never come, and it's life's bumps that make it worth living. Haha alright enough with the serious stuff have a great weekend everyone :)

~Sarah