Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

You Are My Sunshine

Patrice trailed playful kisses behind my ear and down my spine as I slowly stirred awake. I laid there pretending to sleep as I started to remember the night before and also enjoyed my attention. Our flight back to Boston was pit stopped in DC due to some severe thunderstorms on the runway stranding us there for a few hours before our connecting flight was able to take off. When we finally landed in Boston it was 3 in the morning. Patrice dragged all our bags in and then met me in the bedroom before we stripped down and got in bed to cuddle before passing out.
Now Patrice was cuddling my belly as he kissed all over the side of my face that he could reach. That was enough to break my resolve, as small smile spread over my face as his beard tickled my face.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said as I turned my face to kiss him on the lips.

“Morning, are we heading to the gym today?” I asked as I snuggled in closer to him.

He let out a small laugh, “Baby,” He let out a contented sigh as I trailed my fingers along his pecks, “I already went this morning, I tried to wake you, but it was no use. You were out like a light.”

“You are a liar, you just want me to get fat.” I pouted mockingly.

Patrice let out a happy laugh, it made me feel good to hear him laugh like that again, to feel that free with me, “Actually Love,” He said cupping my cheek, “I kinda like you this way, ya know soft.” He said letting his hands glide up the contours of my skin.
A light blush rose across my cheeks, “You don’t mean that.”
Patrice let his head fall to the crook of my neck and breathed out, “When are you going to believe me?” He whined as he kissed my neck, “I like the roundness your body has, and these, these are great.” He said cupping my boobs in his hands.

I giggled before I pulled his face back to mine so I could look him in the eyes, “You must really love me huh?”

“So much.” He said tenderly staring into my eyes, I never felt more beautiful than when he was looking at me like he was right now.

Things just felt so good, the sun was shining down on us as we were lying in bed wrapped up in each other and the sheets. It was a picturesque moment, well until my belly let out a loud gurgle. Patrice looked down at me and laughed softly as he rested his hand on my stomach.

“Time to get Mumma some lunch?” He asked raising a playful eyebrow to me.

“Yea, but um we have no food in the house.” I said sitting up in the bed and leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Then let’s go out.” He said so matter a factly.

“Do you want to?” I asked kissing his strong shoulder.

“I’m not opposed to the idea.” He said bumping his nose against my forehead.

“Alright then, let’s go.” I said as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, but not with my usual ease, I felt as though the room was spinning. Before I could steady myself I started to fall, but instead of the harsh wood floor I felt a pair of protective arms wrap around me.

“Are you alright?” He asked nervously as he held me securely in his arms.

“Yea, I think so; I just got a little dizzy.” I said placing my hand to my head cautiously, “I must’ve just gotten up too quickly.”

“Alright well let’s just take things slow then, Okay?” He said softly as he let me go gently.

“Let me put some clothes on and we can get out of here.” I said realizing I was still naked.

“Okay, I’m gonna grab a shirt and then go cool the car down.” Berg said placing a kiss to the top of my head and walking out of the bedroom.

~~~~

“Mmm, this is so good.” I said as I ate my meal, we went to my favorite restaurant, Monica’s.

“I’m glad you like it.” He said looking up at me with a sparkle in his eyes as he held my hand on the table, “How are you feeling still dizzy?”

“I’m feeling much better,” I said smiling as he traced small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

“Good,” He said pausing as he looked down at his meal and then back at me again.

“What are you thinking?” I asked trying to figure out his sudden change of mood.

“It’s just,” He said waiting, I gave his hand a small squeeze of reassurance so he would continue, “do you think you’ll be okay for our flight tonight?”

“Oh yes of course babe, we can pack up after the baby appointment” I said smiling at him, he could be so nurturing.

“You’ve got a baby appointment today?” Pat asked confused.

“Yea the doctor wants to see me before we go so that he can give me a last check up before I get the new doctor and start Lamaze class.” I said shrugging, “It was kind of last minute.”

“Well do you want me to come?” He asked his tone just a touch insecure.

“Honey, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I said doing my best to lean across the table to kiss him, but my bump held me back just enough so I couldn’t reach him. He smirked and leaned in the rest of the distance to kiss me.

“Me either.” He said as he retreated back to his side of the table.

~~~~

“Well everything seems to be in order Gabriella; both of your babies are right on track.” The doctor said as he let me sit up off the table, “I’ve filled out some paper work to take with you and if you aren’t back to deliver, let me congratulate you both now. My only advice is to rest, rest, and rest some more.
I thought about the doctors words as we walked down the terminal to our plane. The day had been a complete whirlwind. After the baby appointment I headed over to the bakery to pound out a couple of specialty cakes and pay some bills before leaving. Then after an exhausting day at work I came home to Pat and had to pack up before we raced over to the airport only to find out our flight was late.

It was now 11 at night and I was looking forward to getting on the plane and sleeping the entire flight. We stepped on the plane and found our seats quickly. I relaxed into mine feeling pretty good except for the dull ache in my back.

“Are you all set do you need anything?” Pat said as he took a seat beside me gently placing his hand on my knee.

“I’m okay,” I said smiling, “Excited to go home.”

Patrice didn’t say anything, but the smile on his face said it all. My word choice did not go unnoticed by him. He gave me an innocent peck on the lips and simply said, “Me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short guys but this is the last chapter to this story, I will be continuing this and the first chapter should be up tomorrow, I'll post the link in the comments when I post it. Let me know what you all thought of this chapter, I tried to make it cute :)

xoxo
~Sara