Don't Make a Scene

Two

I woke up to my alarm vibrating under my pillow. Brendon is up, as usual. He doesn't sleep for more than five ours a night due to his hyperactivity. I get up and quickly get ready. I know I'm going to the studio today so I pull on a pair of grey plaid shorts with a black Hart and Huntington shirt. I look in the mirror and realize I am getting too thin.

I don't eat much because of Brendon. I was skinny enough, thanks to metabolism, but Brendon thought I should loose a couple pounds. So I did.

I brushed dark waved hair and put a pink headband on before tying up my black Converse. I grab one of the purses Brendon bought me...Because he would rather spend five hundred on a purse instead of actually take care of me.

I sigh and sit down on the bed at the thought of my last comment. I put my hands in my hair and think. I know I can't leave him. He's all I have because my family doesn't support me. There's always my best-friend Alex, but she's off in a fairytale life with her fiancee, Patrick Stump. I'm happy for her, just a tad jealous though.

Besides, if I left Brendon things would get worse. He would find me and hurt me more...He's told me. I can never leave him.

"Anna! Are you ready?" He called from down the stairs.

"I'm coming, Bren!" I call back. I grab the black and pink Chanel bag and hurry down the stairs.

We sat in the car and listened to the soft music as we drove to the Palms. Brendon then grabbed my hand lovingly and brought it to his lips and kissed my fingertips, "Love you." He said.

"I love you too." I replied.

It wasn't long before we were walking the back way into the casino and into the elevator. The ride was silent, but Brendon grabbed my hand and laced our fingers when we started to reach our floor. The door opened and we walked through a hall and into another door, "Anna!" Alex yelled.

"Alex!" I smiled and waved. I wouldn't walk away, because Brendon's grip got tighter on my hand, signaling me that I was to stay put.

"We haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?" Ryan asked, his guitar in hand. Brendon half glanced over at me.

"I'm great! I love staying at home now. It's just boring through the day when Brendon's not there. I miss him." I said, putting my head on his shoulder. Alex 'awed' and looked to Patrick.

"You know I miss you too." She grinned. Patrick rolled his eyes and put a kiss on Alex's cheek.

"Yeah, so Cobra's coming down today. Victoria's gonna record some back up vocals for us." Jon said.

As if on cue, the door burst open and there stood Gabe.

Gabe Saporta. Where do I start? We've been friends since before I met Brendon. I actually met Cobra on tour after Alex started dating Patrick. I was a roadie and was the one who got Alex and Patrick together. Me and Gabe became great friends and even best friends. He took me to a Panic At The Disco show...then it was Panic! At The Disco, but either way he introduced me to the band. That's when I met Brendon. Me and Gabe stayed great friends when me and Brendon started dating. Once I moved in everything changed, though. Gabe moved in a different place in New York and we lost contact. He lost my number, because Brendon had changed it and refused to hand it out to anyone. I never got his number because I knew if I asked, Brendon would hurt me more.

I wanted to hug my friend that I haven't seen in two years, but Brendon's grip became stronger. I stayed glued to Brendon, but that didn't stop Gabe, "ANNA!" He yelled and ran into me. He pulled me away from Brendon and lifted me into his arms. I couldn't help but giggle loudly.

Gabe kissed my cheek repeatedly and held me tight, "I'm complete again!" He wailed jokingly. He set me down and smiled, "Wow, you've changed! I need to give you my number. We need to start hanging out again." He smiled.

"Yeah, we should." I said, but immediately regretted it when I felt Brendon glare into my back. Hoping to make it up, I walked back to him and wrapped my arms around his middle. I knew that was a bad move when I felt him grunt softly and pull out of my arms. He walked into the sound booth and put on his headphones. I sighed and sat down next to Ryan and Gabe.

"So how are you and Brendon?" Gabe asked.

"It's great!" I lied, "We're really happy. I love living with him...I just get lonely." I said.

"You miss Brendon when he's gone, huh?" Ryan asked softly. I pretended to me slightly sad and nodded.

"Yeah. I just love him a lot. But I'll have to get used to it for when he goes on tour." I say.

"Well, we don't really need vocals tomorrow. So...Brendon can stay home." Ryan said. I looked up with my eyes wide.

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't want him to miss work because I miss him." I said.

"Don't worry about it. I know you miss him and he misses you too. It'll do him some good." Ryan smiled.

"Yeah! We can all hang out tomorrow!" Gabe suggested.

"Um. I don't know. I'd have to ask Brendon and see if he's feeling up to it. It is his day off." I said.

"Oh...Well, I'll be out here for a month doing some promotional stuff. I'm staying at Spencer's. So we can hang out on Thursday!" Gabe said.

"I'll have to check. I might be busy." I said.

"Why will you be busy? All you do is mope around and wait for Brendon to get home." He laughed. I fake laughed too.

"What's so funny?" Brendon asked, walking out of the studio. A fake smile was plastered across his face.

"Well, I was wondering if maybe me and Anna could hang out on Thursday. I know she's your girlfriend, so I figured I'd ask." Gabe smiled charmingly. Brendon glanced at me, but I avoided eye-contact.

"Sure." Brendon said. My head snapped up. What?

"Yes! A day with my best-friend!" Gabe smiled, pulling me into his arms.

"Oh, Brendon we've decided to give you a day off. We know you're stressed and Anna misses you. So take tomorrow off and stay home with her." Ryan smiled. Brendon grinned for real this time.

"Thanks, Ry. You don't know how much that means." Brendon said.

"No problem." Ryan smiled before walking into the studio with his guitar. Brendon took Ryan's spot on the couch and pulled me into his arms. He lay back so I was on his chest.

I smiled.

This was the Brendon I fell in love with. The sweet, caring, affectionate guy who would do anything for me. The guy who would tell me he loves me for no reason, and mean it. The guy who's hands fit perfectly into mine.

But I knew this would change once we get home.