Don't Make a Scene

Twenty

I was curled in a ball on the couch, my side aching from medication. I stared at the glossy television, my eyes blurred from crying so much. Why did this have to happen to me? I mean, why me? Out of all the people in the world...

I had become more bitter lately. I didn't know why. Even before the baby died. When I moved back in with Gabe I was just always bitter and bitchy. I didn't care. He wanted to marry me anyways, so he obviously loved me, "Honey, do you want to come to the store with me?" Gabe called from the room.

"No." I replied, still focusing on the show playing in front of me.

"You should get out of the house for a while." He noted.

"I said no, Gabe!" I spat back bitterly. He sighed.

I heard the phone ringing from my Blackberry on the floor. I glanced at it and noticed it was Brendon. I didn't want to talk to him. He was supposed to visit me in the hospital that day, but never showed. What a prick.

~~~

Brendon's P.O.V.

I pocketed my phone after calling Anna four times. I walked back into the hotel room, punching the wall as I did so, "Bren, now is not the time for this." Alex said softly from behind me.

"He's a fucking asshole! He told me to fucking leave! He got security!" I yelled back. She sighed.

"Bren, this wedding is spiraling downward and you know it." She said.

"And? There's nothing I can to about it." I muttered.

"Oh, but if there's a will, there's a way." She smiled as if she had something planned.

"I know that look." I warned.

"And this look is a vision of my genius mind."

~~~

"Babe, we need to meet Katie." Gabe informed me once he got back from the store.

"Gabe, I'm fucking tired. I don't want to." I said.

"Anna, get up." He said, standing over me.

"Don't tell me what ti do." I spat.

"Anna, please get up. We have one more month and this is all done. We'll be married. Don't you want that?" Gabe asked more softly, kneeling down to meet my eyes.

"Yeah." I said.

"Then c'mon. We have to go to the hotel ballroom today to plan out where everything will go."

I got up, reluctantly, and followed Gabe out the door. It wasn't long before we were in the ballroom, thinking of where everything should go, "Okay, the runner should go down here...The me groom's men will stand here, and the altar will be here. Babe, your bride's maids will be over there." Gabe instructed.

"I think it should be over there because that's where the window is." I stated, pointing to the other side of the room.

"Yeah, but the sun will blind everyone during the ceremony." Gabe said.

"Not if we get the shades we originally ordered. The sunlight pour through those and illuminate the altar." I informed him.

"Anna, you aren't listening again. We don't have time to order shades."

"We can buy some at a store." I said. He sighed.

"Fine," He put his hands up as a mocking surrender, "We'll get them tomorrow, kay." He shook his head and walked off.

"Prick." I muttered. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was Brendon for the eleventh time that day. I know, I counted.

"Brendon, what the fuck do you want." I spat when I answered.

"Anna, why are you mad at me?" He asked innocently.

"I thought you were going to come in and see me! I thought you would be there!" I was starting to cry.

"Oh, God..." He muttered, "Anna, did Gabe tell you I just left?" He asked.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"Anna, that's so far from the real truth. Gabe kicked me out. He talked to me and told me I had to leave. I said no and he called security. Alex was in the bathroom and they had to practically drag me on the floor to my car." He explained.

"And you expect me to believe that Gabe, my fiancee, would do that?" I asked.

"I know you don't want to believe it, but it's true. Think of it, I know he was telling Keltie to not let me in in the first place. Alex knows the truth too. You can call her and she'll tell you the exact same thing."

I was silent for a moment, tears ran down my cheeks.

"I believe you, Brendon." I said softly before hanging up the phone at the sight of Gabe walking back in.

"Hey, why the tears?" He asked.

"Just anxious." I replied, walking past him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
By the way, I updated twice yesterday. So make sure you read both.
And the next chapter is the wedding!
Well, the first part anyway.
=D