Don't Make a Scene

Twenty-Six

"Babe, I'll be right here when you do it. I just think you should explain to them what's going on." Brendon explained.

"I know, Bren. But you don't know my fami-" He put a finger to my lips and handed me the phone. I nodded and dialed.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't our dear Anna. Tell me, Darling, why did you run off on your wedding day. I certainly liked this one more than that Brendon child." My mother said as soon as she answered the phone.

My family was a well sophisticated bunch. Every party was black and white and every house was oh so chic. I grew up going to a private school, being dropped off in a Bentley, and having over the top parties I never truly wanted. We used to get along great, until I graduated high-school. I had a ride to Princeton, but I declined it and moved to L.A. to become a runner at a record company. There, I met The Academy Is... They loved the way I worked and said it would be great for me to go on tour with them. I did and followed my rules and did everything I should.

While on that tour I met Fall Out Boy, +44, Paul Wall, and Cobra Starship. Gabe noticed me and we became kind of friends. It wasn't until a year later when he called, begging me to go on tour with them because he couldn't find any other one that was fit for the job. I had an interview to become a producer at a record label that same day, but he was someone in need.

During that tour me and Gabe became best friends. About halfway through, we merged paths with Panic At The Disco. My first friend was Ryan, of course, then Spencer and Jon. I didn't meet Brendon till late that night. The next morning we went out for coffee and there he asked me to go to the pier with him that night, on an official date.

That date was the best night of my life. There was a carnival going on and we played games, rode rides, ate cotton candy. And then we just walked and talked. We got deep into each others thoughts.

"Mom, you don't understand." I said.

"I don't understand? Child," She laughed, "Gabriel was a very fine man. He had money, a supportive family, and a good taste."

"Mom, he just wasn't for me."

"So why did Brendon show up? Why did you two break it off in the first place? And why was he shot by one of Gabriel's security guards?" She asked.

"Brendon showed up because he knew I would be unhappy marrying Gabe. We broke up because..." I paused.

"Ah, so the stories were true. Brendon Urie hitting a girl? Wow, you really made a catch there." She laughed sarcastically.

"I forgive him. And he would do anything to stop it."

"Well then, what now?" She asked, as if speaking to an infant.

"We're getting married."

"Married!? Child, you just ran off on your wedding day! Now you want to get married to another fool! Ugh! I can't believe we raised you to be like this." She scoffed.

"Well, then you don't have to be present." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Honey, I wasn't going to bother anyways," She paused and made an evil laugh, "Chow, Darling."

I hung up and threw the phone down, tears pricking my eyes. I felt Brendon's strong arms wrap around me. We sat there in silence, just holding each other. When we were interrupted by Jon, "Bren, time to go." He said. Brendon nodded and got up from the couch of the hotel room.

He grabbed his bag when Spencer and Ryan walked in. Ryan immediately ran over to hug me, seeing my tears. I hugged him back before pulling away and walking over to Brendon. He wrapped an arm around my waist, seeing as the other was carrying his bag, and kissed me goodbye, "I'll see you in a few days." He whispered. I nodded.

Ryan and Spencer walked out the door, me following. I had no luggage. Everything was at my home, "We talked to Pete. He said Gabe wouldn't be home until late tonight. So we'll head over there, pick up everything, then drive back to our hotel. We'll leave tomorrow morning." Ryan explained.

"How will we fit all of my stuff?" I asked.

"I have Pete's truck and Spencer has Travie's. He's coming too."

As soon as Ryan said that, Travie walked up in the parking lot. He saw me and ran over to me. He lifted me up off the ground and held me tight, "I swear, when I see Gabe again I will pound him so hard!" He exclaimed. I hugged him back and he set me down.

It wasn't long before we were outside of the familiar lavish house. A few cars were parked across the street, but everything else was empty. It was about noon, so everyone on the street would be down at the beach by now.

I pulled out my key and unlocked the door. Spencer, Travie, Ryan, and I walked into the house. I shut the door and sighed, "Let's just get your stuff and get out of here." Ryan said. I nodded as we walked down the hall.

I stopped dead in my tracks at the end. There, in my living room, was Gabe, Mrs. Saporta, Mr. Saporta, and his sister Gaby, "Hello, Anna." Mrs. Saporta spat.

"Hello." I said softly. This was when Travie stepped in front of me.

"We're just here to get Anna's stuff." He explained.

"Yeah, we don't want any problems, okay?" Ryan didn't wait for an answer. Him and Spencer just ushered me up the stairs while Travie waited.

I grabbed some boxes and suitcases and started to pile everything in. I started with clothes, which Spencer took down, then my shoes. I packed everything that could fit. Luckily, everything did fit. By the time I was done the room looked nearly empty, "That's everything." I said when Spencer and Ryan walked back up the stairs.

They nodded and I followed them downstairs, "Well, I hope you had fun ruining my brother's life." Gaby stated.

I don't know what came over me. But I fought back, "Well, I hope Gabe had a great time ruining Brendon's life." I stated.

"Oh, and how exactly did he do that?" She asked.

"Oh, I don't know. One, he ordered someone to shoot him, which means Brendon can't go back to the studio or tour for six months. Second, he ruined his reputation by leaking the stories to the press, and third," I stopped. I couldn't say the third one. It wasn't really his fault. It was no one's fault that my child was lost.

"It wasn't my fault." Gabe spoke up.

"You're right. That wasn't. But everything else was." I spat. I grabbed the ring from my back pocket and tossed it to him. He caught it, his eyes still locked with mine.

"So if this is my ring, who's is that?" He asked, nodding to my left hand.

"You should know." I said.

"Brendon? So you leave me on my wedding day! Then you turn around and plan to marry Brendon!" He yelled.

"Yes! I am planning on marrying him! We would have been married already! This is my fault! I should have never told Alex! I should have never tried to run! I get it!" I screamed. The room fell silent, "If I hadn't said anything, me and Brendon would have been together. The abusing would have stopped and we would all be at peace with each other." I said softly.

"Anna, let's go." A voice chimed in. I turned around and it was Brendon. I could hear Gabe scoffing behind me.

"Brendon." I whispered and rushed to him. He held me tight, but I knew he was glaring at Gabe and his family over my shoulder.

"None of this was your fault. Time to go." He said, stroking a piece of hair away from my face. I nodded.

And just like that, he grabbed my hand and we walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to not start my new story till I'm done with this =D