Wild Secrets Within

Ten

“Fuck,” I say tiredly. A fight in one of James' parties always wear me out. I kick the vampire in front of me. He goes about twenty feet before his back meets a tree trunk. I grin when the tree splits and I hear a crack.

“Enough,” Taylor yells on the top of her lungs. I look back to see the crowd approaching. I frown when I smell humans- they should all be in the party or back at the school. Why would drunk people travel into the forest to see a fight?

I wipe the blood and sweat off my forehead, I eye the vampire in front of me. He's being helped by a blonde vampire. “You won,” the blood sucker says with amusement.

I crack a smile. “Yeah I guess I did.” I look over at Taylor. She's trying to light a cigarette with shaking hands, I grab the lighter from her, her cigarette finally starts up. Our eyes lock, I can see the worry in her eyes. “It was just a fight,” I say lowly.

“It was a fair fight.” The hurt vampire limps his way over to me. The blonde, that I believe is his mate, is right next to me with a grin on her face. I stiffen when the vampire pats my chest. “Oh relax, boy I'm not going to fight in this condition.” I don't like that he's calling me boy, but I know he's much older than me. He looks at Taylor. “You should be proud of your boyfriend.” I open my mouth to correct him, but he speaks again. “I'm Oscar and this my mate, Helen.”

“Aidan and this is Taylor.” I nod at Taylor, she smiles weakly at me. I can't help but put an arm around her. She didn't stop the fight or helped me out, she let it happen. She and Marc even stopped the other wolves from helping. Oscar and I had agreed to a one on one fight. “Don't feed in any of our parties.”

Oscar nods. “Got the message.” He points to his face. I chuckle at the pale dead man.

He isn't that bad, which is shocking and a little fucked up. Vampires and werewolves should never mix. Just like humans and werewolves shouldn't have relationships.

I look at Taylor, she had already struck a conversation with Helen about her designer dress. I feel guilty for having an arm around her. But why? Julie, that's the reason why.

Oscar straights his back as the crowed of people get closer. We grin as his back cracks back into place, along with the other broken bones. “We should get going.” He takes Helen's hand and in a blink of an eye they're gone. “We'll speak again Aidan.” I hear him say in the distance.

“Who won?” Luke runs over to Taylor and I.

Taylor wraps an arm around my waist. “Who else but Aidan the great.” She grins up at me.

Marc pats my back. “That's my best friend.” He howls. Without thinking all the wolves howl. I'm not too worried about the few humans around- they're all too damn intoxicated to remember this.

I feel the adrenaline rush through out my body. A gentle wind blows pushing Taylor's scent to me, I let go when I feel like kissing her. I run a hand through my hair. “Lets go drink.” She pulls me towards the house.

I pull back and shake my head. “Sorry but I'm going for a run.” Marc gets the hint.

He points to James huge house and screams, “Fire.” I'm gone within seconds.

I feel the wind on my face. I hear the blood pumping though every animals body. The cool air sends chills throughout my body. For the first time I feel peace. That peace vanishes when I reach the school.

I look for Julie's scent. She's on the third floor in the second door to the right. Without thinking I start climbing the old manor. Soon I find myself outside Julie's window, I smile as I watch her sleep. She did listen to me when I told her to leave the party.

I take in her form. Her mouth is slightly open, her heart is beating slowly, and her chest is falling in a steady and slow rhythm. She's beautiful.

I place a hand on the window. “I wish I can love you,” I say to her. She stirs but she doesn't wake. I jump off. My feet touch the ground with a small thud. I crack my neck so I can relax.

“Why can't you love her?” I see Marc walking towards me.

“She's human.” I make my way in to the school. I don't want to talk about Julie.

“So? She's hot and smart.” Marc follows closely.

“That doesn't matter in our world. Only strength matter and she's not strong.” I jog up the stairs. Marc spins me around when we reach the top. I push him. “You didn't hear anything.”

“I didn't hear anything,” Marc says through clench teeth. “Just one thing, if you don't get your act together someone is going to take her.”

I look away from him. “Let them take her.”

“You're letting your past defy you,” Marc says angrily.

“All of my family was killed by witches,” I speak lowly so only he can hear, though no one is around.

“She isn't a witch. And even if she was it wouldn't matter- we've made a treaty with them.” He pushes me towards my bedroom. “Just some food for thought.”

I hate when he's right.