Wild Secrets Within

Two

“Aidan.” I hold back a growl. I'm in no mood to hear Joe bitch. I'm about to walk in to a school I hate, a school I have no clue why it exists. The whole idea of having a school mixed with humans, vampires, and wolves has always nauseated me. Whoever came up with that idea was a complete dumbass. “Face your Alpha.” Joe growls lowly. I turn around to face my leader, the one who supposedly keeps the pack safe. “It's been years, Aidan. You have to get over it.” My hands turn into fists. He knows better than to bring that up. “It won't happen again.”

“Can you assure me that? Because I think you can't. This whole school is a joke.” I point at the old manor behind me. “All of this is a risk. Not all of us can handle ourselves.” As an Alpha, it's expected of him to be smarter than the common bear...well, wolf. Agreeing to this school wasn't the smartest idea.

He takes a step towards me as his green eyes stare angrily in to mine. “You're letting your past blind you.”

I grab my jacket from the ground and swing it over my shoulder. “That might be true.” I stand before him. My grip of the jacket tightens. “Or maybe I learned from the past.” We hear the bell ring. “You should let me go. One more tardy and I might not finish senior year.” I try to joke so the subject could be changed, but he doesn't find the joke amusing. “You know I have good grades and sh...”

He pushes me to the school. The push would have knocked a human all the way back to the school, but it only made me move half a step. That's enough for me to growl. “An extra hour of patrolling the school tonight, and all of your homework has to be done by the beginning of every class. You can go.” I walk off angrily. If he wasn't my Alpha, he would be dead.

“Dude, Joe sounds really pissed.” Marc follows me into the school. We walk past a group of vampires who hiss at us lowly. We growl with grins on our faces. We had beat them on our midnight Lacrosse game. “So bitter and cold.” Marc winked at them. One of the bigger ones let his fangs out; a fellow vampire calms him down.

“Cool it Marc.” I warn though I'm dying for a good fight. The last one I had was four days ago - that's too long for me. “If we're going to fight it has to be out in the woods far from the little humans.”

He stretches his arms and yawns. “Too early for a fight.” We turn to the cafeteria. It's our usual routine to eat breakfast in school. I have to admit, no matter how much I hate the place, the food here is great.

I tense lightly when I see Taylor sitting alone in our usual table. Her face is slightly saddened. I instantly feel guilt. I had broken up with her a month ago and she still looks at me with her green eyes with hope. “I'll catch up with ya, man.” I pat Marc on his back. He shrugs and nods. He doesn't want to mess with Taylor. It's not because she's Joe's daughter, but because she's strong and smart, a deadly combination. She smiles at me brightly as I sit across from her. “Hey.” I nod at her.

“Hey.” She puts a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. I remember how I loved to run my fingers through her hair. It's so soft and silk like just like her skin. I shake of the thoughts that came with her silky skin. “My dad wasn't to hard on you, was he?” She says just above of a whisper. I've never heard her voice so soft and weak, it was usually strong yet sensual.

“Nah, just some extra hours patrolling the school grounds tonight.” I lean in slightly. She leans back noticeably. I pretend not to notice her movement, though it excites me and distresses me. She has never backed down: we were always equally powerful; now I seem to have the most power. Yet it upsets me, this isn't her. I like the strong Taylor. “Thank you.”

Her green eyes sparkle slightly. “You're welcome.” She has always softened her dad for me. He never gave me an harsh punishments, and it's all thanks to Taylor. She can be like an angel but she can also be a demon. One of the many reasons I liked her.

Too bad the magic one day disappeared, and all the love I thought I had for her vanished. Her green eyes and sensual growl don't affect me the way they use to. The best thing to do was to end it. I don't want to waste her time with a guy who can't appreciate her. I think she doesn't get that. “Is there something you want to talk about you?” She bites her full bottom lip. She did have something on her mind - something she wants to let out. “Hey come on, you know everything about me and we've been through a lot.” I lightly touch her right hand. I still care for Taylor. We had been dating for years. I no longer love her the way I use to, but I still care for her. “I want to know what's up.”

“It's my mom and dad.” She sighs and shakes her head. Her eyes wander to the wall behind us. “You know my dad and his Alpha ways.” She rolls her eyes. There's perks for being an Alpha. Like getting away with cheating. Taylor hates the fact everyone know who was sleeping with her father, including her mother, but what she hates more is that she would have to see the other woman in pack meetings. “They keep arguing, but how does that help them?” I hear the frustration in her voice. “They can't get a divorce.”

“Taylor you need to let it go.” I see her anger slightly. “You can't fix this and it's hurting you.” She starts to bite her lip once more. “I...” My words get stuck in my throat. A girl I have never seen before enters the cafeteria.

“Who is she?” Taylor asks. I notice that she sounds distant.

I shrug. “I have no idea.” The only thing I know is that she's fresh meat in Jonathan F. R. Smith Prep.