Wild Secrets Within

Eight

“Dude are you ready to party tonight?!” Like usual, Marc is jumping on my bed. His room is right next to mine; he does this almost everyday. I don't mind it, more so after a good sleep. My eyes wander to my alarm clock: six in the morning, we have an hour before class starts. I had manged to fall asleep before and after the patrol. I am ready to party. I put back my attention on Marc. He's going to break my bed if he doesn't stop jumping. I kick him and he falls to the ground with a loud thud. I start to laugh at his expression on his face. “Well, I'm glad my pain makes you happy.” He says in a girly voice.

“What can I say? I'm a sadist.” I wink at him.

He can't stop laughing. “I'm so fucking glad you're in a good mood.” He starts to dance around the room. I raise an eyebrow at him. “And you're going to be in a fantastic mood after tonight's party.” He smacks an invisible ass. “You're going to get it on.” He thrusts the air.

I give Marc a serious look. “I think the air is going to have your babies.” He falls on to the bed, laughing.

I get up to look for some clean clothes. I pick a black t-shirt and some jeans, nothing too fancy. I'm no vampire, those bloodsuckers look like they're just got off a catwalk. Even their clothes are fucking annoying.

“I'm glad the school doesn't make us wear uniforms.” He makes curves with his hands. “We can better enjoy the womanly form without them.”

He's right; it would suck if we all have to wear uniforms. “I completely agree with you.” I stare at my hair in the mirror: it's everywhere. I run my fingers through it. I nod, it looks better. I hear Marc's stomach growl. “Lets go get some food.” I'm also starving. Luke had brought some food on patrol, I ate all of it. He didn't seem to mind though. I guess I owe him one.

Marc winks at some girls that were down the stairs. “Human girls are pretty hot.” He eyes a red head with a grin on his face. I check her out.

We hear her whisper to her blonde friend, 'Oh my God, Aidan and Marc are looking at us.' The friend looks over at us through her long lashes. We grin when her heart rate spikes.

“Why do they always mention you first?” He eyes me. “You're not even that hot.”

I push him lightly against the wall. I don't want to break anything else. “Man, I'm the shit.” In the corner of my eyes I see Julie looking at me. A bigger grin starts forming on my face. She looks beautiful. I wonder how she would look like early in the morning after a long night of...

“You don't even like human girls.” Marc whispers so only I can hear. My heart starts beating in a new rhythm. His eyes widen. “No.”

“Wolves on the hunt?” Maddi walks down the girls' stairways. Her eyes are on the group of girls whispering. Taylor is next to her with a grin on her face.

The blonde girl whispers that she's hoping I don't get back together Taylor. I ignore the girls, I already know I'm not going to get back together with Taylor. That ship has sailed, but I can't help and admire her body. I notice what Taylor is wearing: tight black jeans and a blue shirt. She looks hot, but that's nothing new. She is hot but not as hot as Julie. Not this again....

“James invited the whole school.” I make a face at Maddi's comment. James' parties get wild even in wolf standards. This could mean trouble. “It's going to be the biggest party ever.” She shakes her shoulders.

“Then I'm not going.” Big parties always mean trouble, more if you have wolves and humans around. I can't even imagine if vampires show up. What the hell is James thinking? Well, he really isn't a thinker.

Maddi pouts. “But you have to go.” I see her watching Julie and Riley. No, Julie can't go to that party. “Someone is really looking forward to seeing you there.” She says lowly so only I can hear her. Taylor and Marc are talking about some History assignment and weren't paying any attention to us.

“She shouldn't go.” I speak quietly. “It's too danger.”

Maddi arches an eyebrow. “Humans go to James' parties from time to time. Why is Julie going a problem?” I growl at her grin. Taylor and Marc look our way. She waves them off. “We're just playing. Aidan here thinks he's better then me in hunting.” Her eyes sparkle with mischief. Dear God, she knows. No, she knows nothing. I haven't slipped. Taylor rolls her eyes and Marc goes back to talking with her. “Admit it you like her.”

I lean against the wall. “You know how I feel about human and werewolf relationships.” I fold my arms and shake my head. “They're no good.”

“There's always exceptions.” She looks over at Julie who's seems to be arguing with Riley about something. I don't dare listen to what they're arguing about. I might get the urge to go and break Riley's neck. “Maybe that's Julie and you.”

I laugh humorlessly. “Never took you for a romantic.”

She doesn't look too pleased with my comment. I stop laughing and look at her serious face. Shit, she was dead serious. “Stop running from it.”

I shake my head in frustration. “There's nothing to run from, Madison I haven't even spoken to her.” I stuff my hands into my pockets. “You should stay away from her.” I look over at Julie. She's digging through her pocket. “She doesn't belong in our world.” I stand up straight. “And we don't belong in her's.”

Maddi sighs dramatically. “And I'm the hopeless romantic?” I look at her with puzzlement. “How would you know if she doesn't belong? Like you said, you haven't even spoken to her.” She smiles and waves at Julie. I see her blush slightly. Does she really like me? Or is Maddi just screwing around? A smart beautiful girl wouldn't fall for a guy like me. “I know you see it too. There's something about her.” She takes a deep breath and shakes her head. “It's too damn early for this. I'll catch you later.”

I watch her make her way to Julie and Riley. She greets Julie with a smile and a hug. To my surprise, she hugs Maddi back. Humans usually become tense and uneasy when we get too close. Julie really isn't like the rest of them.

“So are you going?” Marc's voice cuts my train of thought.

“What?”

He eyes me carefully. “Are you going to the party?”

Taylor had also disappeared. I rub the back of my neck. I can sense that Maddi was listening. “Yeah, I have nothing better to do.” In the corner of my eye I see Maddi smile victoriously.