Status: Pulling a Fall Out Boy sorry guys!

Disasterology

Chapter Five

Kellin had been oblivious to each and every glance Vic had shot his way over the last few days. People had always told him he was blind to things like that, but he was not oblivious to Vic’s new attitude towards him. Since yesterday, everytime he passed him in the hallway, Vic would smile at him, and it wasn’t the usual ‘I have something planned’ smile either. It appeared to be a regular, genuine smile. Of course Kellin didn’t believe it, he would be an idiot if he did; he had spent the last three years throwing him in trashcans and tripping him everytime he walked by. People didn’t just change overnight without having an agenda.

The bell rang, signaling the end of third hour and bringing Kellin out of his thoughts. He quickly gathered his things and stood from his chair. He had spent the whole class thinking about what Vic could possibly be up to, and he was a little annoyed, both with Vic and himself, for allowing his mind to get stuck to the subject.

Not paying attention in his last class had given him a lot of time to think, and during that time he had come to the conclusion that there were two things he could do. One, he could wait to see what Vic was up to, which entailed being more paranoid than Fox Mulder, or he could gain the upper hand and strike before Vic could. Sitting in wait was not something Kellin liked the idea of, so he was quick to dismiss the option completely. Besides, he already had an idea of what he wanted to do.

Instead of making his way towards the lunch room, he made his way towards where the gym was, knowing no one was going to be there at this time. Of course it wasn’t the gym he was going to. It wasn’t really a place he liked, and there wasn’t anything in there that was of interest to him. When he reached the gym hallway, he made a b-line to the locker rooms. He didn’t know which one was Vic’s, but he didn’t think it would be too hard to figure out, all he had to do was find the one with his practice jersey in it. Opening the locker would be another thing entirely, but he figured he’d figure it out once it was time to.

The locker room was big, but they were kind of grouped in a way, he noticed. All the lockers with soccer jerseys were together, and just as he thought, it didn’t take much effort to find the one he was looking for. He looked at it, pondering what he could do to open it without having the combination, since it wasn’t exactly a lock he could try to pick. It was a lot similar than he thought it would be though, as it turned out. With one simple tug, which was originally meant as a test, the lock popped open. This is too easy, he thought. Vic was stupider than he thought.

Kellin smirked as he pulled a pair of shorts out of Vic’s locker, shrugging his backpack off and pulling out a pair of scissors. He quickly went to work, cutting two holes in the black mesh shorts, right where Vic’s ass would be. It wasn’t the most well thought out prank, more of a spur of the moment kind of thing, but it was enough for now. He put the shorts back in the locker before pulling his practice jersey out. It was a generic, blue cotton tank top with white numbers on the front and back, and Kellin had no trouble at all cutting through the straps. The smirk was still present on his face as he threw the ruined shirt back into Vic’s locker, quickly closing it and reassembling the lock before putting the scissors back in the front pocket of his backpack and slipping it back onto his back. He didn’t have anything else to do in the locker room, he didn’t care about any of the other people on the team, so he made his way back out to the hallway, only as soon as he made it through the door he crashed into someone much bigger than he was.

“What were you doing in there Quinn?” Kellin looked up, meeting the curious gaze of Mike Fuentes, and the first thing that came to his mind was the question of what he was doing down there in the first place, which was kind of a stupid question considering what Mike could possibly do to him if he figured out what he just did.

“I’m not doing anything.” He couldn’t think of a reason why he would be down there, not one that was believable anyway, so he went with that because it was vague enough that he thought he might get away with it. Mike said nothing more, so Kellin began inching to the side before bolting down the hall, stopping before he reached the lunchroom to collect himself.

After school, Kellin was waiting by the doors that led to the field, trombone in hand. Band practice didn’t start for another fifteen minutes, and he had nothing better to do but he didn’t want to go out on the field because it was hot out there. He could see Mike standing down the hall, by the locker room door, and he could see him glancing over at him occasionally. It was making him a little nervous; because although Mike had never done anything to him before aside from a few threats and throwing things, mostly drumsticks, at him, he was pretty sure he was capable of doing something to him if he wanted to. Kellin wasn’t exactly the biggest guy, and Mike kind of was, height wise anyway.

He saw the door to the locker room open out of the corner of his eye, and as soon as he heard Vic’s voice, he turned away completely, trying that ‘if you can’t see them, they can’t see you’ theory. He busied himself with his instrument, trying his best to hear what he and his brother were saying, mostly wondering if Mike would tell Vic that he had seen him coming out of the locker room earlier. If Vic hadn’t suspected it was him that cut up his clothes before, he definitely would then.

Kellin had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn’t heard footsteps coming up behind him, and he nearly jumped out of his shoes when he felt warm breath on his ear. He didn’t have to turn around to know who’s breath it was, and the words that he breathed into his ear only confirmed it.

“If you wanted to see my ass, all you had to do was ask.” He could hear the smirk on Vic’s lips, and it sent chills down his spine. Kellin jumped again when he felt the other boy’s hand come down on his ass. It stung a little, and he couldn’t quite tell if it was supposed to be playful or intimidating.

Kellin walked out onto the field with his eyebrows furrowed and his brain working a hundred miles a minute trying to figure out what had just happened.