Status: Pulling a Fall Out Boy sorry guys!

Disasterology

Chapter Six

It had been about a week now, since Kellin’s encounter with Vic by the locker rooms and he still didn’t quite know what to make of it. The older boy hadn’t made any attempts to approach him since, but he wasn’t picking on him either and it was throwing Kellin off. He was so used to the constant conflict, it was practically routine by now and he didn’t quite know what to do with himself without it. Should he continue to treat Vic the way he always had? Or should he take another approach, like ignoring him all together. He didn’t think there was any way he could be nice, not after everything he and Vic had been through.

Speaking of Vic, Kellin spotted him getting up from his lunch table, all the way across the room from where he and his friends were sitting and it appeared that he was coming their way. Justin, who had been telling a story that Kellin had chosen not to pay attention to, stopped talking when he noticed Kellin starting, which effectively got the whole table’s attention. Everyone turned around as Vic got closer and closer, their eyes growing wide as he approached their table.

There was one question on everyone’s mind, Kellin could see it in their eyes and truth be told he was thinking the exact same thing. Why in the hell was Vic coming over there. The obvious explanation was that he was coming over to pick on Kellin, but after the encounter he had with him the other day Kellin couldn’t be too sure. He hadn’t told any of his friends about it though, so they were even more clueless than he was.

“Hello,” the senior smiled as he came around the table, pulling an empty chair out from the one next to it and dragging it over to the space between where Kellin and Gabe sat. The current occupants looked at the newcomer like he had two heads, and with good reason, this wasn’t the kind of thing that happened on a regular basis. The looks didn’t seem to faze Vic though, he wasn’t even paying attention to the people giving them, choosing instead to look straight at Kellin, who was doing his best to ignore him.
“Aren’t you going to say hello back?” The older boy’s tone was sweet, and it was obvious it was directed at Kellin. He could feel Vic’s eyes on him and he was doing everything he could not to blush. He had been around Vic dozens of times by now, and he had never not known how to act or been shy around him before, but then again he had never treated him like he had last week before and he didn’t know what his intentions were. “Kellin, I’m waiting.” Kellin startled a bit, as Vic had gotten awfully close in the few moments he had been lost in his thoughts, he could feel his lips brushing against the shell of his ear and it sent an involuntary shiver down his spine.

“Hi,” he mumbled as unenthusiastically as he possibly could, trying to mask the uneasiness he felt. It brought him back to the question of what exactly he was supposed to do in this situation. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been close to people like that before but this was Vic and it wasn’t normal. The man in question chuckled lowly in his ear and before Kellin could question what to do again he felt Vic’s warm hand grasp his own and slip something into it before closing his fingers around it. Kellin waited until Vic leave to see what he had slipped inside his hand. It was a piece of notebook paper, nothing special or out of the ordinary, but it definitely peaked his interest.

Looking up to make sure none of his friends were watching him, because he wasn’t sure this was something he wanted to share with everyone else. Unfortunately, they were all looking at him expectantly, like they were waiting for him to just come out and say they were secretly married or something. He simply shrugged, hoping they wouldn’t question him about it, because he really didn’t know what he would tell them if they did. They only looked at him for a few more moments before slowly returning to their conversations, to Kellin’s relief.

Once he was sure no one was paying attention to him he looked down to his hand, where the folded piece of paper was still concealed, and slowly began to open it, almost afraid of what he’d find when he did. Less than ten words were scribbled down on the paper in Vic’s handwriting and they did absolutely nothing to help his confusion.

Craig’s throwing a party Saturday. You better be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m supposed to be writing a paper for my English class right now but I decided to update. It’s a little short and I’m sorry but I already have like, half of the next chapter written so it wont take nearly as long to update.