Status: Pulling a Fall Out Boy sorry guys!

Disasterology

Chapter Eight

If Kellin had to choose an emotion right now he couldn’t do it to save his life. He was angry, first and foremost he supposed, because Vic had invited him to that party with the intention of getting him drunk and taking advantage of him, and he had very nearly succeeded. He was also ashamed of himself, for letting himself get drunk, for falling into Vic’s trap, but mostly for acting the way he did, for wanting Vic as much as he did when he was planning what he was. One thing was he was certain of though; he absolutely loathed Victor Fuentes.

These feelings had been stewing inside of him all weekend, from the morning he woke up with a slightly foggy, but adequate memory of what had happened. He had spent the rest of the weekend curled up in bed, thinking about what would have happened if he had slept with Vic. Obviously he would have lost his virginity, but what about after that? Vic wouldn’t want a relationship with him and honestly he wouldn’t want one with Vic either. He didn’t know if Vic was the type of guy who went around telling everyone of his conquests. He had heard stories of people who Vic had slept with, but he didn’t know who it was that had spread them. Would he have told everyone? Would they laugh and call him a slut? Those were the kinds of things that he thought about all weekend, and they only made him angrier.

It was Monday now, and he was dreading going to school. He had tried telling his mom he wasn’t feeling well to try and get out of it, but after checking his temperature she had told him to get up and called him a faker. So here he was, sitting in the back of Gabe’s car quietly, which was getting him a few odd stares since it was so unlike him, but he couldn’t really bring himself to care.

Gabe and Justin were talking about something with everyone else, minus Kellin of course, giving their input. He couldn’t even bring himself to listen to what they were saying, because with every second that passed they were getting closer and closer to the school and he just knew that he was going to see Vic. There wasn’t a day that passed where he was successfully able to avoid the other boy.

Kellin’s stomach filled with nervous butterflies as they pulled into the school parking lot. He took all the time he could getting out, and as soon as he stepped foot on the pavement he was already regretting coming to school, because there, just across the parking lot, was Vic.

Just the sight of him made Kellin’s blood boil, and if that wasn’t enough, he caught his gaze, which quickly turned into one of disgust. Kellin glared at him for a moment before storming across the parking lot towards the school. He could hear his friends behind him asking each other what had gotten into him, but he ignored it.

It was now lunch time, and he had seen Vic a total of four times, not including this morning in the parking lot and his mood was pretty sour. He plopped down at the lunch table he shared with his friends, a lunch tray in his hands although he wasn’t really hungry. Across the cafeteria, he could see Vic sitting with his own group of friends, laughing, and it made him regret his choice in seats, but he didn’t bother changing them.
It wasn’t long before the rest of his friends joined him, and he sat, picking at his food and occasionally jumping into whatever conversation they were having at the moment. Lunch was almost over, and besides the fact that he was in a bad mood, nothing had really gone wrong, not until Kellin had managed to catch Vic’s gaze again, and he got that same disgusted look he had every other time he had been caught looking at the older boy.

Something about this time was different though. He didn’t know if Vic was looking at him with just a little more malice, or it was something in him, but this time it set something off in him. Before he knew what he was doing, or had even thought it through, he was standing up and making his way over to Vic’s table. He could feel eyes on him from around the large room, but he continued on his way. It wasn’t until he was standing in front of Vic’s table that he realized what a stupid idea this was. Did that stop him though? Of course not.

“What the fuck is your problem Fuentes?” He yelled, probably a little louder than he should have.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Vic was trying to play it off cool, but Kellin could see the anger in his eyes.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about.” He glared at Vic, and Vic glared right back.

“I’m not going to discuss this with you right now, this isn’t the time or place.” Kellin was kind of surprised how Vic was handling himself. He opened his mouth, ready to say something when another voice interrupted him.

“I think you need to leave Quinn.” Of course the voice belonged to Mike. If it were any other time, and Kellin was in any other mood, he probably would have left, but not today.

“This is between me and your brother Mike, stay out of it.” He snapped back, glaring over at the younger Fuentes brother for a moment before returning his gaze to the elder. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Mike getting up, but before he was standing all the way Vic held out his hand, stopping him.

“Don’t worry Mike, I’ll take care of this.” He said before getting up himself and coming around the table. He grabbed onto the front of Kellin’s shirt and began pulling him through the cafeteria, all eyes on them.

Kellin’s hands reached up, and he tried his best to pry Vic’s fingers from his shirt but with how far he got they might as well have been frozen to the fabric. He continued to struggle, but as they got closer to the cafeteria doors it became apparent that it wasn’t going to work. That didn’t mean that Kellin was going to give up though. He was too stubborn for that.

Once they were out in the hallway, Kellin shoved at Vic’s chest, and the other boy finally let go. Kellin moved across the hallway, as far away from him as he could because now that he had him alone he really didn’t want to be near him anymore.

“What the fuck was that Kellin?” He hissed, coming closer, but keeping about a foot of space in between them. Kellin glared, taking another step back.

“Did you think I was too drunk to remember?” He saw something flash in Vic’s eyes, but he couldn’t quite tell what it was.

“What, are you mad that I left or something?”

“What?!” Kellin yelled. “No I’m not mad that you left! I’m mad that you tried to take advantage of me when I was drunk! Not to mention you were the one who got me drunk in the first place.” He spoke, voice heavy with hatred.

“Actually, if I remember correctly, you were drunk when I got there, so that one’s on you. It’s not my fault you’re such a slu-” Before he could finish his sentence, Kellin pulled his hand back in a fist before swinging it forward.

He gasped as it connected with flesh and bone, immediately pulling it back to him and cradling it against his chest. He had never really punched someone before, but he didn’t know it would hurt that bad. Kellin looked up from his injured hand to Vic just in time to see him reach out and shove him to the ground.

He tried getting up before the other boy could do anything, but Vic got down on the floor and straddled him before he could. He had never actually seen Vic mad. Their whole time being enemies was spent with dumb pranks that sometimes went a little too far. Vic had never hit him. Until now.

Kellin was shocked, honestly, but he really shouldn’t be considering he punched Vic first, something he was regretting now. His hands came up, fingers tangling in the fabric of the other boy’s shirt as he tried to push him off because he knew there was no way he was going to get Vic to stop, not when he was as weak as he was and Vic was as strong as he was.

He didn’t know how much longer this went on, but at some point after multiple punches were thrown, none of which but the first had been by him, Vic was being pulled off of him by a teacher he didn’t know and he was being pulled up off the floor by another. The teachers escorted them both to the office, where they were shoved in chairs and told not to move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so something I forgot to put in the last authors note is my complete lack of knowledge of any sport besides marching band. For some reason I though soccer was a spring sport, but I guess it's actually a fall sport? So yeah the story is kind of backwards but it's too late to fix it now so just pretend soccer is a spring sport kay?